Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neutrinoide

Spinning Attack Must Go

Why? We're stonebearded badasses, if we want to shout so yard it knocks you off your feet, WE'LL DO IT. Besides, being mode of stone, we dont get dizzy from spinning.

Lol. I was hoping for physics to make sense here.

Maybe it's a breath weapon and even the undead have to jump back to avoid the stench. (Garlic, anchovies and liverwurst on chalk sandwiches?)

Regardless, Stoneborn don't seem to need to spin to accomplish 360o knockback. That strong spirit commands respect, I guess.

I just wish you could do all sorts of dumb stuff anyway, and suffer just as much as you should when you act dumb on the battlefield.

Do a spinning attack?, get stabbed in the back... shout with your arms wide open?, eat a sword...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I think the animation doesn’t look like something a knight in heavy armour would do. He’s jumping into the air and then he twirls around lightning fast. It looks like some over the top kung fu move. The animation would fit the assassin or the duellist better.

If the knight needs to have a AOE knockdown attack it should be possible to come up with something that looks more like a sword fighting move. 

I do not like the spinning attack for the knight either it might work for a different class. Its too bad these game developers do not do a little research on medieval combat. The knight would be the perfect class to do that with. Such works as Talhoffer's or Sutor's combat manuals.

As if the tech demo videos from before the Kickstarter represent anything about the final state of the game.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Those decisions are 100% taste and have nothing to do with development constraints, spinning attacks were even referenced in the combo video.

Things like double jumps, spinning knights, and poor shieldwork are choices they made out of taste, and the only reason they'd change is if players disapproved.

Things like Flight for Fae may have greater technical and financing motivations, spinning knights happened just cause...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Hi,I just saw some video footage where it shows the knight doing spinning attacks.

It makes no sens at all :unsure: .

I hope it is pre-alpha and it will be remove from the game.

Thank you and have a nice day

there is nothing wrong with a spinning attack, most video game characters have said moves, as long as it doesn't spin more then once...even real fighting has spinning moves

Edited by GeistBaoh

there is nothing wrong with a spinning attack, most video game characters have said moves, as long as it doesn't spin more then once...poorly made socks even real fighting has spinning moves

And virtually all of them are designed to overpower amateurs...

well the knight needs some kind of area attack, so why no spin.

http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Knight

I mean we already got a main aoe small cc spinning attack that is pretty good, but is just on a 40 second cooldown.

45px-C.png Whirling Leap Instant Sphere 5 Meters N/A N/A 112-151 + 100% Weapon Damage Crushing Leap in the air creating a vacuum at your feet, pulling in nearby targets and damaging them when you land. While in the air you are invulnerable and immune to physics.

P.S I feel like some of these attacks are inconsistent with the skills when you play the game, if you get the chance to see any difference please do.

Edited by SilverySaiSword

Martial arts use blunt force and carry on past the opposition.  They are not sword attacks that must cut through the opposition.  A 360 attack is terrible because even with momentum, you're not going to slice your way through seven people unless they are ALL at the perfect distance away for most torso cuts.

Barring the move being called 'Shin Stealer' and using a scimitar, I don't see it working.  It's the kind of thing you'll see in a cheasy samurai movie.  A real warrior would have his feet planted in the ground for maximum energy transfer and force, not spinning like a ballerina to the point you could tip him over with a simple nudge.

http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Knight

25px-Leftclick.png>25px-Leftclick.png>25px-Leftclick.png Bloodstone Spin Instant Reticle 4 Meters 13 Mana N/A 76-102 + 100% Weapon Damage Slashing Primary Attack - Third Swing: This attack also applies a 50% movement speed reduction debuff to the target.