Find results in...

6.100 TEST Feedback for 8/28/20

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The multiple crafting is a welcome addition, but it falls short of where it's needed the most, like food (especially bon tippers).  The up and down arrows are nice, but a box to type a quantity would

The possibility to craft mutiple of basic item at once is a great improvement, but its would be far more great if instead of having to click 20+ times on an small arrow we could have a slider or could

Today i tried the new crafting system and the system is broken, boring and i'm crying. i made some craft to test : we get lower stats. Then i realized than we got 100 accuracy, this is not fun

It would help to see the amount of xp gain from quest objectives, instead of xpGainedReward/2 etc.

On talent trees, Minor Disciplines should be gated behind only one rank in the leading skills. Especially relavent for knight's Chivalry, for example. You shouldn't be forced to take 3 ranks in a garbage talent just to unlock a minor slot.

More active methods to significantly increase short-term crit chance would improve build options and gameplay.

Surfaces like marble, etc. should work like roads, granting pathfinder and speed buff. It's strange going from a cobblestone road to a nice smooth, carpeted temple surface and slowing down. It would also help to zoom around the temple (which is overly large).

Dodging projectiles (or any attacks, really) seems to be impossible, even when they miss by a mile.

Spoiler

Blocks and dodges should not be mutually exclusive.

Armor pen: elemental doesn't make sense on Banshee.

Champion's Leap skill (or any skill really) shouldn't put you in combat mode (ie: slow you down) unless you do damage.

Edited by Cejo

Fixed an issue where Fort guards could be killed by players outside of siege windows.

Why? Why not just respawn them after we kill them?

It is nice to fight them as they are as closer you can get to a player's threat, it was nice to test my builds againt them. If I cant 1v1 them it means I am not gonna have a good time in PvP.

Edited by BarriaKarl
9 minutes ago, Cejo said:

On talent trees, Minor Disciplines should be gated behind only one rank in the leading skills. Especially relavent for knight's Chivalry, for example. You shouldn't be forced to take 3 ranks in a garbage talent just to unlock a minor slot.

For me the bigger issue is there are garbage talents in the first place. No choices should feel like a total waste of points, even if I have no choice and have to pick it to move on.

Agree that minors shouldn't be locked behind 3 ranks of anything. I like how the first minor and majors work with them branching off exploration (free pick) or the last unlockable power that likely has value.

Surfaces like marble, etc. should work like roads, granting pathfinder and speed buff. It's strange going from a cobblestone road to a nice smooth, carpeted temple surface and slowing down. It would also help to zoom around the temple (which is overly large).

Great suggestion, never thought of this.

Dodging projectiles (or any attacks, really) seems to be impossible, even when they miss by a mile.

It's because most attacks are not precise at all despite using a reticle for aim. Most powers are AOE, frontal cone, raycast/softlock like powers that once they fire they likely aren't going to miss. Along with the hitboxes being very forgiving overall.

Blocks and dodges should not be mutually exclusive.

They are messing around with certain crafted weapons that allow a lunge on top of dodges/blocks. If they tune it right, could be applied to all classes that lack mobility. However I get that lack of mobility is supposed to be a cost for the benefits blocking/parry might provide, but movement is very valuable in this game.

Blessings should be better explained. I have no idea how the mechanics for them stacking works. Sometimes they stack, sometimes they dont.

Srathor confirmed my guess that it has something to do with the pantheon but I still will have to try those around to see how they work properly.

I have no hope new players will understand it any better than me. Heck, I am not even sure new players understand how important those buffs are.

So, I'd reccomend some rework on the NPE part to better explain those. If I remember right it went basically like 'now you got a blessing. Go talk with this other NPC now'.

And I'd like to tie this stuff with coolster idea of an ingame wiki/help menu. Those sort of Pantheon shenanigans look like the kind of thing players would have to look up all the time. Perfect material for such wiki.

MAP:

God outposts should tells us the god information on mouse hover. Name, Faction, and scoring values. No buffs info, make players go check those out to learn them.

edit: It is specially bad when you have statues facing the 'wrong way' with their backs to us on the map view. Cant even guess who they are...

Keeps and Forts also seem to not have tooltips. A must have too. Ownership info, sieging times.

World map view looks kinda clumped. Most part of the screen is empty and it doesnt look good.

It also seems seems we dont have the 'control fill meter'? I can see some factions above the worlds but I dont know how much of the total have they conquered? Does other factions hold anything on it? No idea.

It seems all world show the same 'thumbnail' on the world map window.

Also, I think the dark bluee background on the world 'thumbnails'/preview look kinda bad. A light color, specially the gray background we have on the actual map view, would look better IMHO.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Why the heck did you guys make 'Treant archers' Stake' look fancier. Guys, sometimes less is more. Stop adding shiny stuff that isnt really needed.

Dont get me wrong it looks pretty cool, but the other did the job and god knows fights already have way too many things going on at once.

Edited by BarriaKarl
1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

Blessings should be better explained. I have no idea how the mechanics for them stacking works. Sometimes they stack, sometimes they dont.

Srathor confirmed my guess that it has something to do with the pantheon but I still will have to try those around to see how they work properly.

https://crowfall.crusaderw.com/crowfall-all-god-shrine-outpost-and-buffs/

I think when you are doing the Caravan quests in GR, it should tell you, you can control up to 3 pigs at a time. I am glad you added the explanation of the Whistle. 

When you do Motherlodes, maybe it drops a gem that can be added into the ring. Or maybe you also do a stone ML that drops a mineral. Either way, it should be explained or shown the additional resources you can get from ML. 

When you get to Infected, I like the books explaining a lot of stuff in the spawn chamber. I think you could show pictures of ToLs and Bane trees at the appropriate book. 

On the Dregs book, besides mentioning that you can win, you could mention that their will be individual rewards available-a nice incentive. 

Separately, accessing my Vault is very glitchy. If I try to access armor or weapons, a lot of times it won't show all the items, or even non at all, and then the whole bank glitches so I can't see anything. 

Yesterday I was playing a Nethari confessor and from my knees down, they were invisible a lot. 

Overall, though, it's getting better and better. Keep up the hard work! 

2 hours ago, APE said:

It's because most attacks are not precise at all despite using a reticle for aim. Most powers are AOE, frontal cone, raycast/softlock like powers that once they fire they likely aren't going to miss. Along with the hitboxes being very forgiving overall.

Then adding an "evasion" to the dodge would accomplish the intended effect (avoiding getting hit). Otherwise it's very hard to consider it a dodge or defensive skill at all. Right now it is purely a repositioning tool, which isn't useless, but certainly not what it could be.

Edited by Cejo

You guys have to fix whatever is resource hogging in the lobby screen. It makes no sense my GPU is at 99% percent usage to animate one stupid crow. It is insane.

All it makes is force players to close your game, simply because leaving it on standby can have your PC run hot.

1 hour ago, Cejo said:

Then adding an "evasion" to the dodge would accomplish the intended effect (avoiding getting hit). Otherwise it's very hard to consider it a dodge or defensive skill at all. Right now it is purely a repositioning tool, which isn't useless, but certainly not what it could be.

I would prefer dodges to be iframes or provide something besides movement but guess ACE likes it this way.

I'm not really sure where to begin, so lets start with that I generally don't follow the game at all I considered this a dead project years ago and honestly didn't think the game would ever get to a beta stage let alone a released stage. However, I was really excited to get access to it for beta but the game still feels massively unpolished to the point that I would still call this an alpha build or a pre-alpha. The main reason I say this is:

- Several items have names like "Wolf_Drop" with no actual item name.

- Some equipment still has no visual appearance IE: invisible swords for some items etc.

- Mounts have no appearance. If their not supposed to then don't call it a mount and fix the explanation for them.

-  Some abilities don't seem to function at all and most ability animations are so subtle you cant really tell your characters even doing anything adding minor things like swing paths or light effects onto them would be an easy fix.

- The proficiency system seems like its heavily split. If you look at weapons it will say Longsword Proficiency but you if you look in your calls proficiency it will say bladed weapons, leaving classes in an awkward position where they should be able to use something but cant because reasons? 

- The Race/Class system needs a lot of work, with how the system is designed you can tell each race is heavily intended to be a specific class and it really forces you into certain race/class combos just so you can get stats that matter for what you want to play.

- The whole tutorial island adventure is worthless and I can honestly say I didn't learn anything from it, there were several occasions where I only know how to do something because the quest put it directly in face, but anything beyond the scope of the quest was pretty much nonexistent. IE: the jewel crafting questing where you make a ring, It really seemed as if you could only craft the ring because of the quest, and I honestly could't figure out the crafting system period outside of the quest handing me something to do it. when I did try to delve into the crafting later it honestly didn't make any sense. For a game where this is one of the core systems it needs a lot of work.

- The target reticle is in such an award position that honestly just makes ranged characters feel so odd and most of the time if feel like i have to angle my camera towards the sky. Its not as bad fore melee characters but the off centered reticle definitely makes combat feel weird.

Im sure there are several more points I can make or issues I found but as the game stands now I definitely don't recommend it and wont be playing.

Edits- Fixed some minor spelling issues.

Edited by Savith

The cooking stations sound ridiculous.

Stamina regen from things like disciplines and talents should appear in the combat log. That's a major resource and needs transparency.

Related...it's unclear why Retaliate Refund is a "trait" on disciplines like Underdog. Why not make it a "power" instead? Is the Fast Counter Attack Talent on the Champion tree also a "trait"? Do they stack? More visibility is needed, as these are very important abilities.

Edited by Cejo
17 minutes ago, yianni said:

not sure how the horse animation got passed jtodd but its pretty bad. the characters just sit there stiff

Glad we finally have mount models, but hope this is a rough draft.

I get the game's art style is a bit cartoony, but the horse looks like something Barbie would ride and not something a bunch of frankenstein bodies possessed by spirit crows bent on destroying one another before the world dies would be riding. Maybe Nightmare is more appealing?

Looks/feesl like I'm driving a horse around and a character model happens to be attached to the saddle but is lifeless.

Incentive for me to pick centaur.

At least they can jump. Thank you for that.

I was watching some mobs and noticed their pathing is pretty heavily afflicted by ping. Ping goes slightly high their start stuttering.

There might be ways to offload their movements to client side. Since realistically speaking their actions are pre-planned and they will do what they decided to do unless there is a player input.

The simple basic implementation is to have the mobs carry out their previous actions when someone 's ping goes high. There is no reason to have them freeze. Worst case the player suffers the side effects of the ping if it turns out the mob changed actions midway, which they will anyway if the mobs simply freezes. Most of the time, considering the ping spike is short, the player wont even notice.

The more problematic things is it seems the MOBs are constantly checking with the server if they are doing the right thing? That is the only reason I cant think of for the Mobs to freeze with high ping. That seems wasteful? Like, shouldnt they only react to changes? Or is it the Client really has zero capability of rendering stuff without constantlly checking with the Server?

Both seem bad. Both seem wasteful.

Anyway, uncouple the rendering from the Server where you can. If I am just standing 20 meters away just watching the mobs walk around there is no reason for me to see them stutter while walking through a clearly predefined path.

Really enjoying the game so far, with two vessels just over 25.  I have a barbarian who smashes the snot out of things, and a frostweaver who I absolutely love. Crowfall has a few interesting class mechanics, some I understand and some I don't (sin and domination I'm still pretty clueless on). I do know that druid essence is absolutely infuriating - basic attacks take far too much and they just end up helpless after a couple (solo, therefore prolonged, admittedly) fights.. and their life/death stuff may well make it all come together.  Frostweaving is my new love, though.  Great work there 😀

Anyway,  the less good things. My main annoyances are the lack of ability to craft multiple items - or at least repeat a recipe - although I imagine that may also just be some passive I lack.  Also not liking the look of the passive tree in general, at all.  It looks like tiny incremental bonuses that basically give vets - regardless of activity - an edge... although I'll admit I don't know how substantial that edge is - I haven't dug into every tree.  I like the depth of it, but I'd really rather see it implemented as a total xp gained or total online time or something to that effect, maybe with a passive time gain on the side. 

All in all, really loving it, looking forward to seeing how pvp shapes up.