Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JOIN THE ACE Q&A SEPTEMBER LIVESTREAM - SEPTEMBER 1st

The ACE Q&A Livestream returns Tuesday September 1st at 11AM CDT/6PM CEST.  

Tune in to be one of the first to know what’s next for Crowfall! Twitch.tv/CrowfallGame

J. Todd Coleman (Creative Director) and Thomas Blair (Design Director) 
will update players on the status of Crowfall playtesting and answer questions from the stream. 

Have questions you want answered? Post your questions here, as a reply and please put the word <QUESTION> at the beginning for easy curation. We will try to get through as many of your questions as possible during the Q&A. Remember, questions should be directly related to Crowfall updates and gameplay.

Thanks for your support!

7 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

<QUESTION>

Currently the names, faction shield, health bars & flytext above player heads are too large and do not scale well against character models at various distances. How will you improve this, especially for larger fights?

Check the Test server. Probably you will find the answer there.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

9 hours ago, Sirktivo said:

<QUESTION>

Will there be anything to counter the large zerging mechanics we are seeing? Can forts constantly be live and not have a timer?

I belive that Nuclear wepons should fix this problem 😜

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

59 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

Check the Test server. Probably you will find the answer there.

58 minutes ago, SAM_BUKA said:

I belive that Nuclear wepons should fix this problem 😜

I did, it is still terrible with the same long standing issues. In some ways worse. There was a small *vertical* size reduction in health bars not mentioned in patch notes, big woop.

You seem to be under the impression that your "answers" here contribute anything of value to questions intended for the devs to discuss on stream.

Edited by Tinnis

<QUESTION>

Will the campaign world "islands" be expanded in size to give players room to breathe? 

<QUESTION>

Currently some disciplines conflict with the class they would be used for. EX: Swordsman + Blademaster gives extra slashing but wastes a bleed ability which doesn't stack with obliterate. Any plan to address these?

<QUESTION>

Any plans to address skill bloat? Some classes / disciplines have skills which aren't great. It'd be easier to have people given more good skills and make them pick and choose rather than be stuck with some needed class skills that are awkward and spammy (Shield bash for instance. Yes it removes a dodge pip but I don't want to keep using it non-stop for it to be effective)

Edited by Ranik

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

Is there a reason why each stack of sin has their own timer?  I've been loving confessor but having to auto attack 5 times after every ability just to keep my sin on makes combat feel clunky and less engaging.  Could you just change it so that each new application of sin resets the sin timer?

51 minutes ago, Corla said:

Is there a reason why each stack of sin has their own timer?  I've been loving confessor but having to auto attack 5 times after every ability just to keep my sin on makes combat feel clunky and less engaging.  Could you just change it so that each new application of sin resets the sin timer?

all stacking buffs / debuffs have their own timer for each stack. I agree, it is weird.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

<QUESTION>

Will we see some of the upcoming Discipline and Class balance changes in 6.1? Test doesn't appear to have anything yet.

<QUESTION>

Are there plans for a talent respec option? Be it starter vessels in god's reach for new players and experimenting or at anytime.

<QUESTION>

Is is possible to add a map rotate option or default have North at the top of the screen to make navigation easier?

<QUESTION>

Are there plans to allow UI scaling, repositioning, or show/hide toggles pre-launch? These options and a modular UI were shown off years ago but never materialized.

<QUESTION>

Any plans for Tooltips to reflect actual output numbers? Ex: Currently shows 50+50% Weapon Damage, but could additionally show 650 Damage factoring all stats and more reflective of what we see in use.

<QUESTION>

Could Discipline tooltips provide more details/numbers so that buying and equipping them isn't necessary to see what they actually do? Ex: Being able to select a Major Discipline, the overview window locks, and then we could hover over each power/passive to see their full details.

<QUESTION>

Can we have more chat window options to decrease the need to monitor multiple tabs? As in allowing us to toggle what channels are viewable per tab and being able to have multiple chat windows open (Ex: Guild Chat & Combat Log)?

<QUESTION>

Will we see a Friend's List pre-launch?

<QUESTION>

Are there plans to have /commands be part of the UI in someway instead of having to type? Ex: Right Click while in cursor mode on player/group HUD with drop down to leave group or make someone a leader.

<QUESTION>

Will we see any changes to inventory management pre-launch? Such as more sorting options.

<QUESTION>

Is the Advantages & Disadvantages system a post-launch if ever feature?

Edited by APE

<QUESTION>

When will we see Loot table upgrades? At the moment crafting & knowledge is way too powerful in this game based on what is not in the loot tables like; rings, necklaces, advance assassin poison. In Shadowbane legendary items were dropping with an Event notice "Vorgrim" sets - you could also craft such items with much less complicated craft system. 

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/