Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenebrosity

Wolfpack Studios: Tainted History

I love this project, donated immediately when the kick starter launched. Back in the day when Wolfpack Studios was around there was a major problem with the Dev. team releasing mods and "cheat codes" to friends with some of them using cheats themselves (a couple of teams remaking and looking into the Shadowbane code after Ubi dumped it found and confirmed these exploits).

There are a great number of amazing people on the team.. I'm just hoping history doesn't repeat itself with Crowfall.. how's accountability looking?

Also, any other WolfPack people involved in this project besides Todd?

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Well, all I can offer here is that the anti-cheat programs have obviously come leaps and bounds since then, so hopefully that's a deterrent. Though your point about accountability is spot on.

Let's also not forget that this has gone from a fledgling genre to big business since then.  These people have built their entire careers around MMOs at this point and tarnishing their reputation to 'fix' a campaign is not close to worth it.

Let's also not forget that this has gone from a fledgling genre to big business since then.  These people have built their entire careers around MMOs at this point and tarnishing their reputation to 'fix' a campaign is not close to worth it.

Oh I can guarantee favouritism, cliques and cronyism is alive and well in the games industry. Even on a developer-customer interaction level. Game Developers are humans with human flaws after all. 

Its just not often found out.

Edited by PotatoMcWhiskey

Reminds me of the time we sacked to the ground a city in Shadowbane only to have a GM restore the city claiming a bug had created a glitch causing it's destruction to occur unnaturally by game mechanics. 

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

Reminds me of the time we sacked to the ground a city in Shadowbane only to have a GM restore the city claiming a bug had created a glitch causing it's destruction to occur unnaturally by game mechanics. 

sometimes it did.

*shiftyeyes*

*backs out of room*

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg

If anything like that happened when I was there, I didn't know about it.   If I had, I would have fired the employee on the spot.  

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

If anything like that happened when I was there, I didn't know about it.   If I had, I would have fired the employee on the spot.  

Todd

ACE

I guess that answers your question....

oh, and right now it's just me and Dreadflame (Thomas Sitch, who wrote the siege system for SB).  There are... a half-dozen or so Wolfpackers still working at KingsIsle.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Todd

ACE

Well, at least admit you would fire them then take their stuff, full loot all day!  :D

I role play a wordsmith.

oh, and right now it's just me and Dreadflame (Thomas Sitch, who wrote the siege system for SB).  There are... a half-dozen or so Wolfpackers still working at KingsIsle.

Todd

Oooooh.  No wonder we have bloodstone trees.  <3

It's normal for designers and testers to have manipulation tools to test things without playing the game normally, because they have work to do outside of experiencing the game normally. Keeping access to those features close to the development is an obvious necessity though.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Todd

Hah awesome.. Hey Todd do you guys have a catapult in the ArtCraft office? We need some videos like this old one of the Wolfpack crew I found and put up on youtube a while back (the one where Dreadflame throws a Pickachu "of Valor" at Nazgul):

Interview With A Nazgul: Wolfpack Studios Shadowbane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLvNGpvVXrY

Oooooh.  No wonder we have bloodstone trees.  <3

^ this <3

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I love this project, donated immediately when the kick starter launched. Back in the day when Wolfpack Studios was around there was a major problem with the Dev. team releasing mods and "cheat codes" to friends with some of them using cheats themselves (a couple of teams remaking and looking into the Shadowbane code after Ubi dumped it found and confirmed these exploits).

There are a great number of amazing people on the team.. I'm just hoping history doesn't repeat itself with Crowfall.. how's accountability looking?

Also, any other WolfPack people involved in this project besides Todd?

I think the people here have way too much invested into this project to throw it all away on that type of funny business.  That being said, they have made some questionable decisions so far but none I believe out of bad intentions. 

You will see favoritism at times from some game development studios and players.  When you meet people at conventions or share similar passions it's hard not to build a rapport with them.

As long as they don't cross the line of giving them any sort of in-game advantage through giving them special private tips and information I think we are ok.

Well, all I can offer here is that the anti-cheat programs have obviously come leaps and bounds since then, so hopefully that's a deterrent.

Sadly, they still don't work.