Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
p1nhead

Full 4K (Ultrahd) Support

Hey Crowfall Guys,

As the Train takes on Speed now, i really hope for 4K Resolution Support ingame.

Tech these days goes so fast forward.

Oculus Rift already on the close Horizon and 4K Gaming is now already. The Problem here is that most Games are supporting the Resolution itself (3840*2160) but do not scale the whole Game/UI/Framework around it. That means mostly we gamer get a tiny Hotbar, where you can bearly spot the Icons on, or even worse, Ultra small Quest Windows or Skill descriptions, which you can't read if you don't wear a lense.

4K Gaming becomes more and more popular and i think Crowfall deserves to have a full support on that. Fantastic Gfx, PvP and Castle sieges in High Resolution. Please make Crowfall different from the other Games and give us the right scaled UI/Framework and so forth. Everyone which has an 4K Screen at home already will be thankful and all the ppl out there which consider 4K for them to have next, will love this as well as soon as they have experienced it.

Make Crowfall different!

Thanks for the read in advance,

P1nhead

Edited by p1nhead

Proud Backer of Crowfall !!!

This is required IMO.  4k might not be super common now, but in a year or so when the game goes into beta it'll be much more common.

True. But also, on a sidenote, more and more ppl work with NVIDIA'S DSR. So they scale 2 times HD and that gets them also tiny Hotbars or better a very small UI. I rly hope that someone in charge may give an answer here, even knowing they are quite busy atm. *giggle*

Personally I think 4K is totally unnecessary 1080p works just fine, games like crysis need about £900 worth of graphics cards just to run 4k.

4K is completely awesome though and I can't wait until graphics cards become must better and cheaper!

-Truthe Yashikawa

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild.  Welcome Home.

http://crowfall.shivtr.com/

I would rather it run without crashing at 1080p.

Plus imagine the kind of hardware 30 vs 30 siege would require to run at 4K.

Edited by Sinij

I would rather it run without crashing at 1080p.

Plus imagine the kind of hardware 30 vs 30 siege would require to run at 4K.

That has to be tested out i think. Without a try, we will never know. And "just" judging on the very Alpha we seen so far, i cant see any Problem. (again, just judging the alpha footage, so no estimates what could be etc.)

Oculus Rift already on the close Horizon and 4K Gaming is now already. The Problem here is that most Games are supporting the Resolution itself (3840*2160) but do not scale the whole Game/UI/Framework around it. That means mostly we gamer get a tiny Hotbar, where you can bearly spot the Icons on, or even worse, Ultra small Quest Windows or Skill descriptions, which you can't read if you don't wear a lense.

I'm glad to see this has already gotten some attention.  While I don't play at 4K, I've had a 1440p (2560x1440) monitor for years.  And many, if not most games have demomstrated just this.  Two most recent examples for me are Aion, and Mass Effect 3.

It would be nice to see some attention given to those going above and beyond the standard of 1008p.  In all honesty I expected the game to have support for higher resolutions, but as states, support doesn't mean that it's going to be properly configured.  And the very fact that we have so many backers around here who have pledged thousands of dollars or more reflects that there are people around here who likely have not only the disposable income to justify these expensive hardware upgrades, but the joy for gaming that would warrant it as well. 

To conclude, it'd be a small breath of fresh air to not only see some acknowledgment that resolutions above 1080p will be playable (if that exists somewhere already, then excuse my ignorance in my first day on these boards), but that the game won't get more difficult to play, barring hardware requirements soaring, because of this choice.

Edited by NoblesseOblige

i think it is a must, and we dont need to worry about lag, in 1.5 years 4k will be trivial and probably next tecnology will be the edge one :D

mael4.jpg

They're developing in Unity 5. I also develop in Unity 5. The great thing about Unity's new UI framework is that it's resolution (and viewpoint) independant by default, very similar to the excellent NGUI interface plugin that a lot of Unity developers were using before.

Basically, fields are anchored to screen positions, and on those are rendered textures, text, etc. to make up the interface element. You can scale those elementes individually, or scale the whole panel. Thus, if you simply design the hotbar and some quick scale variables in the options menu it's fairly easy to put together a UI that wouldn't be completely incomprehensible at 4k for the wallet-masochists that have chosen to invest in absurd-level resolutions.

At worst you may complain that the UI looks a little pixelated when scaled up if there's not a native "abuse texture memory needlessly" version of the interface textures.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

If Crowfall supports this I'm going to have to buy a damm 4K Ultra HD, you hear me Samsung? Support ACE now!

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

While uncommon now, it'll be far more common in a year+ from now ... and far more common than the Oculus Rift will be.

I can see this become a stretch goal.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

well I support it if the "normal" resolutions work perfectly. I mean no one "needs" a 640x480 vga resolution anymore but the common 2k resolutions should be working perfect before introducing 4k. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor