Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Smile you are on camera: Unintended mechanics caught on tape

2 hours ago, Yumx said:

1)So you got 3 guilds ready to defend your keep, 2)and you knew that it's possible to punch walls down, 3)and you would have loved to show your new guys a siege.

4)But you chose to deny them all and practice the famous KDS group recall.

5)Have you thought about what message you are sending to your members and allies? That as soon as you see a bug, it's time to leave?

6)As I heard it, Caldera and CaC stuck around to keep fighting while you recalled out - and left them there to get slaughtered.

7)Even completely new guilds use this 'unintended mechanic':

http://www.twitch.tv/elixortv/v/721218818?sr=a&t=139s

You also entered through this 'unintended hole' in the wall.

8)Now, both your guild and your allies have used unintended mechanics in the past, which you've laughed about, but you are not including it in your propaganda?

To the new guys in KDS, Caldera and CaC - how did this call feel? Please share your feelings.

1) Your intelligence report is a little bit offset here.

2) Some of us did, some of us didn't.

3) Not sure if this is intended for the story narrative following. But this sure does add a nice dramatic aspect to it - so well done in this piece of writing.

4) We decided to moved north instead and engage in other activities.

5) Our members know that this text you put here doesn't hold in comparison to what we are doing on a daily and weekly basis, but ok. With regards to allies - well I do not know what message pops up in their mind, but I am pretty sure it doesn't hold up either.

6) You heard more then I did, I do not recall anything of leaving them behind to get slaughtered, but reading it in such a way does give a nice topping to the cake.

7) I remember this night, we were out and about going from portal to portal and eventually came to the siege window time. We were approx. 200m away with 1 person who went in closer to get a view of what was going on, he was positioned behind the hills of the visual landscape. Sieges were placed, objects flew in the sky and hit the walls. We waited for enemies to leave their stationary position and checked if the breach happened. Following we decided to engage and tackle whatever forces that where there. Unfortunately, we got royally pinched from knowing that enemies were upfront and a massive force in our back - sending us flying back to the gods in a matter of seconds.

8) I came back with the Beta launch, so far I have not seen anything yet when I was playing that had immediate effect in a pvp aspect.

Good propaganda and very clever way to do some visual processing, if you read your post in a chronically order and did not read any other post. 👌

Edited by Jamin

*Content gets created by those who stand and fight!*

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moving while ultimating as a druid (you are supposed to be rooted and another flash cast is not breaking the ultimate animation)   Destroying  walls without siege engines:

You caught us - we are in fact sponsored by SpaceX  

Pro-tip: you've been able to damage walls without siege for at least a year and half. It happens all the time. You guys must not get out to many sieges.

3 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

Was this intended as some kind of gotcha post or.. did you take a brake from the game for 1+ years? I'm sincerely not sure which it is.

It's a reminder that the way you choose to play the game can be recorded and maybe you will choose differently next time if you actually care about your reputation as a player, as a guild and how all that affects the game environment overall.

Edited by Prometeu

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

8 hours ago, Prometeu said:

It's a reminder that the way you choose to play the game can be recorded and maybe you will choose differently next time if you actually care about your reputation as a player, as a guild and how all that affects the game environment overall.

You might also get a reputation for sanctimonious raging when other people don't play by your invented rules.

Attacking walls? Shooting ballistas inwards? How did you determine that these things aren't ok?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

40 minutes ago, Jah said:

You might also get a reputation for sanctimonious raging when other people don't play by your invented rules.

Attacking walls? Shooting ballistas inwards? How did you determine that these things aren't ok?

Indeed sir. I will bear that burden.

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS

Wall bashing is on since April 2016 and Siege Perilous testing.

@26:47 on this video you can see people hitting walls, i recall at those times that you needed to use magics (spells, catapults powers) to break the magical shield before the wall himself.

Seeing those old videos make me feel that Ace need to put back the big numbers in heals/damage to make the feel of combat better, i found it was more entertaining at this time @jtoddcoleman @Tyrant 

Damn that made me nostalgic of the old tests, even if the game is 100x better now, we had so much fun at those times.

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

3 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

@26:47 on this video you can see people hitting walls, i recall at those times that you needed to use magics (spells, catapults powers) to break the magical shield before the wall himself.

Seeing those old videos make me feel that Ace need to put back the big numbers in heals/damage to make the feel of combat better, i found it was more entertaining at this time @jtoddcoleman @Tyrant 

FYI: I'm pretty sure it got fixed at some point and recently returned to the scene with one of the last patches.

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS

On 9/6/2020 at 7:45 AM, Yumx said:

To the new guys in KDS, Caldera and CaC - how did this call feel? Please share your feelings.

Well, CAC wont show up anymore on keep's siege.
It's pointless and only frustrate everyone, we expected 2 or 3 wipe trying to destroy the siege engines.
I wont send anyone to just die without any chance to have any victory.

The call was the very least of the problems.
I'm one of the people asking @Prometeu if he had a vid because this behavior is not fun and not expected by any new member.

The big picture for many member in CAC is that the game is broken with the zerg's meta and only one keep at a time.
Alliance wont fix it but make it worse.

The problem is the same for 3 years : if a big chunk of the population team up, they take all the glory ( as we dont have reward ) without any risks, it's the case for almost all the parts of the game : fight for a keep, fight in open field, win a campaign ...

1 hour ago, Aedius said:

The problem is the same for 3 years : if a big chunk of the population team up, they take all the glory ( as we dont have reward ) without any risks, it's the case for almost all the parts of the game : fight for a keep, fight in open field, win a campaign ...

Sadly the problem is the same in all PvP game, even in the New World preview people complained about big alliances.

Hence even in Shadowbane there was massive alliances.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

9 hours ago, Gorwald said:

Damn that made me nostalgic of the old tests, even if the game is 100x better now, we had so much fun at those times.

if you are going to do something wrong, do it right

https://streamable.com/vg1r8l

Edited by Tinnis