Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remove blood and bone from the God's reach loot table

Everyone does it. We've all logged into GR, gone right to the beginner wolves you kill for the first quest of the npe and farmed blood and bone. It is by far the best way to currently harvest them.  This might be an unpopular opinion but i dont think it should be an option. You should be forced to harvest blood/bone in a pvp world. Infected/dregs should be the only way to obtain them.  They are a pivotal part of early game harvesting and honestly they are way to easy to obtain with 0 threat from pvp.

Edited by Tyrannicall
1 minute ago, Silverback said:

Doesnt blood and bone have a quality factor? (Green, blue, purple etc.)?

Why is blood and bone so pivotal? I thought pine nuts and grubs were for poisons.

They're ingredients in valuable potions, and their quality doesn't matter (currently).

IIRC Blair said in a previous Q&A they didn't have the tech to restrict drops based on world band, but that they were awaiting it and when they had it they would be tweaking what did and didn't drop from GR and Infected. Without the tech they have to edit each mob/node loot table by hand, and I assume they'd have to duplicate everything; i.e. instead of just "Urgu Champion loot able" they'd need "Urgu Champion GR loot table," "Urgu Champion Infected loot table," "Urgu Champion Dregs loot table," etc.

I'm hoping blue body parts get removed from Infected graves too.

Hi, I'm moneda.

1 hour ago, moneda said:

They're ingredients in valuable potions, and their quality doesn't matter (currently).

IIRC Blair said in a previous Q&A they didn't have the tech to restrict drops based on world band, but that they were awaiting it and when they had it they would be tweaking what did and didn't drop from GR and Infected. Without the tech they have to edit each mob/node loot table by hand, and I assume they'd have to duplicate everything; i.e. instead of just "Urgu Champion loot able" they'd need "Urgu Champion GR loot table," "Urgu Champion Infected loot table," "Urgu Champion Dregs loot table," etc.

I'm hoping blue body parts get removed from Infected graves too.

Well with the forts n poorly made dergs they were able to limit based on World bands. I think they have the tech in now. The different forts for example have different loot between the worlds

It seems like crafting is already complicated enough to make it even more challenging. I would not agree with this thread's proposal.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

3 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

Especially not something that is a massive part of early game harvesting

Okay, okay. It makes sense. But I still think that there are so many things to do in crafting and gathering that making it even more complicated seems to be not a priority right now.

You better ask ACE when is the next update (6.100) coming to LIVE ^-^

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

6 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

Everyone does it. We've all logged into GR, gone right to the beginner wolves you kill for the first quest of the npe and farmed blood and bone. It is by far the best way to currently harvest them.  This might be an unpopular opinion but i dont think it should be an option. You should be forced to harvest blood/bone in a pvp world. Infected/dregs should be the only way to obtain them.  They are a pivotal part of early game harvesting and honestly they are way to easy to obtain with 0 threat from pvp.

Infected shouldn't give above white imo... (probably very unpopular opinion)

gods reach - 4gold per mob. no dust drop, no anything else except white resources only. just in case of learning and lvling until 20-25lvl.

infected - up to 10-20 gold per mob. no chiefs and especially kings there. no alphas, no elders. up to green resources. You can save captains here with green minors.

and ofc no additives drop - bone, blood and such from skinning, no minerals and gems from mining etc.

right now infected and gr is a save place to farm and lvling. while no1 wanna go inside dregs. I can understand small scale players but no risk - no reward, isnt those things I read from CF kickstart notes? Banks is shared between the worlds tbh.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

Removing blood and bone from GR i think is totally legitimate (I am also a bone farmer), keeping it in infected i think would be acceptable as their is a risk of dying, losing durability etc (i would still like to see a 10% inventory loss on death in infected ala Albion yellow zones).

With all this being said though, i would also like to see quality normalisation of bone and blood as their qualities have no impact in crafting and would help keep up from the loss of the R1 poor bone farm.

Having it Dregs only i think is just too far and will stop smaller, younger guilds from being able to progress without much strain, there is already a huge mineral overhead in the game, but also limiting the qualities in dregs to blue i think would help this and be the pusher required to venture into the dregs.

tldr: yeah, egt them out of GR, normalise the qualities so the impact is not as heavy on the farmer, limit qualities to help push players further into the PvP risk.

49 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

It wont happen until we get the faction ruleset.

I am all for it but locking to Dregs only seems like a huge risk to me. That ruleset really sucks for new players.

There's also the question of blood and bone specifically being drops that feed early game (read: new player) harvesting systems.

I'm not sure its appropriate to tell people "to get started harvesting you must first risk pvp with no gear or vessels because you couldn't harvest efficiently" as you're just creating stagnation.

The proper thing to do there is leave blood and bone exactly where they are, and to make the rarity of the things they produce actually matter. For instance, harvesting potions. In stead of all of them being green, scale the duration based on rarity, and make the component rarity matter. whites last 10 minutes, and add an additional 10 minutes for each rarity level. This would mean the BEST place to farm bone for pots would be r10 nodes in dregs that pay out tons of blue bone, as well as a repectable amount of purple. This would mean less time farming and more time spent using each potion. This doesn't lock new players out of a harvesting system, but it makes their farming far less efficient.

Apply the same rarity logic to literally every drop in the game. It is how we treat gear and it is how we should treat every part of the harvesting and crafting systems. You can make low level things, and they suck compared to higher level things, but you can still make all the things, learn your profession, and learn how buffs and systems interact. A player in infected should have the ability to use every single harvesting and crafting system in the game in order to prepare themselves for shadows and dregs. They shouldn't ever see infected as a superior use of their TIME farming, nor should they be able to use the top tier VERSIONS of those systems, but they SHOULD be able to farm all the things at a low rarity level.

I want to see infected players producing green vessels and gear, and considering those green vessels and gear the "entry ticket" to real campaigns. I don't want to see them joining campaign with half of their gear slots empty or full of mob dropped garbage and facing down dudes in quality blues and purples the moment they show up. I don't want them to feel forced to grind gold for an age to buy those greens if they've joined the game with the intent of actually harvesting and crafting stuff.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

@monedathat tech is already in so it's just a matter of actually putting it to work on that loot table.

I fully support the idea of re balancing that loot distribution with empasis on green stuff vessels/jewels to be doable with Infected or above drops.

21 minutes ago, yianni said:

if you remove it from GR remove it from infected too. the risk is the same, just because you can get pked in infected doesnt mean its more risky since you dont lose anything

Oh I disagree - you might not loose the drops but you do waist time and potions which is farming bone time ... so there is a pvp cost associated with it.

Edited by Prometeu

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

It´s nice to have some semi-afk activities.

Farming wolves for several hours for 20 bones is underwhelming. Add a way to change one blue bone into x white bones and I will gladly farm my bones in campaigns.

GvTm2yj.gif

22 hours ago, yianni said:

if you remove it from GR remove it from infected too. the risk is the same, just because you can get pked in infected doesnt mean its more risky since you dont lose anything

I'm cool with removing it from GR. 

However, you do lose time by dying in infected if you're gathering there. Getting like 20 bone/blood a minute farming it, a death is a pretty annoying loss. Especially if you're running pots and food.