Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.100 TEST Feedback for 9/8/20

6.100 TEST Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Biggest things I encountered in a short play time is this;

The start was a little confusing, things popped up on my screen I had no idea what they were, such as I used a spell and a big 1 popped up as a reaction use.  Its self explanatory to hit 1 but it took me a minute to realize what it was. 

My mount, the pack pig did not show up, race is Elken.   It gave me mount speed but no mount.

"How do I unlock shovel?" is a very common question among newer players.  It might help to put a tutorial tooltip on the locked shovel slot on the paper doll to point them in the right direction.

The vendor area in the keeps is nice, but what would be really nice is an additional spot for vendors near the edge of the parcel, outside guard range. That way we could sell to other guilds without needing to ally them.

unknown.png

IhhQKY6.gif

Positives:

• love the depth of the skills / ability tree / rune system! Can't wait to keep digging into it and finding my own personal play-style. 
  • The UI style is great, very visually appealing, I love the icons for all the equipment and materials. 
  • The character and enemy design is fantastic
  • The combat abilities seem varied and meaningful, excited to practice more with the various tools at my disposal.

Areas for Improvement:

• I was a little confused about the style of play and flavor of each race / class during creation. Some snippits explaining a bit about each would be nice!
  • It was confusing at first trying to understand if my abilities were "landing" or not. Some have more visceral impact than others, making it seem like they missed or didn't take effect. 
  • The repop effects of enemies was very sudden and jarring, it was a bit unnatural and took me out of the experience. 
  • Some minor bugs, occassionally I couldn't charge abilities, or would kept stuck on an infinite gattling gun of my standard attack after using one. If this was an intended buff I didn't understand it, but I would melt through enemies with the added damage of my 0 downtime between attacks. 
  • When I finally attempted to join the PVP experience, I couldn't find the "action". Obviously some fog of war is understood, but it was hard for me to read the map to understand if we were under attack of siege anywhere. 

Keep up the great work! Fantastic so far

Overall, it's definitely coming together, and I do enjoy a lot of the mechanics. Right now, I think some of my biggest concerns is optimization of a lot of it. Besides it being a total RAM hog, things even in game are kinda choppy or don't show properly. For instance, when casting a combo chain spell on an Elk, the health pool doesn't nearly match when it's being struct, let alone show damage properly. It will display a distance health bar that doesn't match a close up fighting of it health bar. On top of this, when an Elk dies for instance... it's "Spin Around Stompy Knockdown" attack shouldn't continue... Also, shouldn't dodges be a bit more impact full for skill play like to avoid that attack right before it hits you? But anyways, that's my two cents so far after grinding to level 30. 

One other potential gameplay change that may or may not need to be revisited, but maybe add a "since you used this skill, you gain  extra points to help level up the skills you're trying to learn". Ideally for crafting/skinning/leatherworking/mining/etc. I love the idea that it takes time and there is no way to ask for someone else to basically give you what you need (or buy like in many games) to powerlevel the system. However, the rate is very very slow. I'm big into these mechanics, and not always about fighting, so having a way to maybe earn a bonus exp for the day by utilizing those skills would be neat? Gives players who like daily's and such also something to log on for more often, instead of maybe once every few days to dump a lot of points into the skills, then wait until they can craft things they like. 

remove time it takes to revive after death. hate flying to statue from half way across the map and there still being a 2m cd. let the time it takes to fly to a statue be the time it takes to revive. if you dont want the guy who you just killed to finish you off, run away or dont fight near revival statue. already have to wait weeks to get into the crafting tree, I dont want to wait to revive too. fights only last 30 seconds, so why do we need to wait 400%+ of that time to pvp again, not even including time it takes to get back to where ever you were fighting. etc. etc. everything about it is wrong, does more harm than good. not like anyones overly eager to lose all their stuff in campaigns to run out and get farmed nor is there any reward for farming other players in the infected

Edited by Alphf
18 minutes ago, Alphf said:

if you dont want the guy who you just killed to finish you off, run away or dont fight near revival statue. 

I think the general idea is, the other guy won the fight and the ground, so he shouldn't be the one who has to run away.

any chance of making it so getting tapped by npc foes doesn't dismount you, its so dang annoying to have to fight ever single mob on your way to just talk to a npc

It would be nice if there was polishing on a few different areas. Will have more feedback in the coming days.

Functionality (these would help a lot if you can make them happen quickly)

1. Inventory and Bank
    • A sort option would be very helpful for the inventory. Make sure there is some type of catchy noise when the sort button is clicked.
    • Bank should mirror the inventory style. You can retain different tabs for sorting. It feels very disorganized even if the sorting methods available. Also looks like a different inventory tab from another game so immersion is broken a bit for the player (at least me).
  2. Harvesting
    • I'd prefer the stamina requirement go away for harvesting. Maybe I'm too early game (level 15) but the combination of stamina + durability creates a non-fun burden for me as the player. I'm not sure what the goal is, limit how fast resources can be gathered and therefore limit the amount of resources available? I'd say that the scarcity generated by durability loss is good enough to keep a healthy market flow so the game doesn't become too saturated with resources.
    • The resource ranking is confusing. Maybe I cruised through the dialogue too quickly but I don't really understand why there are so many different rank one resource variations (different stone... different wood... etc). It also makes creates some annoying inventory issue because my rank one resources don't stack with each other. 
    • The harvesting target mini-game is confusing AND should have a catchy noise when you hit the target. It also seems a bit glitchy, sometimes I'll be looking at the target and it'll miss. I think I would like if the mini-game was every hit and successfully hitting each time gave bonus resources OR rarer variations of resources.
  3. Crafting
    • I love crafting, harvesting, AND PVP, but the passive XP tracks limit me to 2 out of 3. Would really like crafting to be a function of how much effort you put into it in that you accumulate points to spend based off of how much crafting you do. I'd even say the same about harvesting. Maybe the passive tracks could be time based for attack, defense, etc? 
  4. Questing
    • When successfully completing or accepting a quest there should be a catchy noise.

General Immersion

1. More wildlife noises.
    • Maybe some wind, bugs? The night and day cycle is good.
  2. Enemies can attack from too far away sometimes.
    • This can be really annoying on my mount. Feels like I'm getting dismounted too soon.
  3. Quest line is OK so far.
    • The beginning was a little slow.

Edited by Haptisma

The skill animations are nice but alot of them are unnecessary.  Illuminate, for example, a thoughtless fire on CD type of boring-ass ability, I don't need a visual reminder to mash 5 every 23 seconds.

12 hours ago, Jah said:

The vendor area in the keeps is nice, but what would be really nice is an additional spot for vendors near the edge of the parcel, outside guard range. That way we could sell to other guilds without needing to ally them.

unknown.png

EKs

13 hours ago, Alphf said:

remove time it takes to revive after death. hate flying to statue from half way across the map and there still being a 2m cd. let the time it takes to fly to a statue be the time it takes to revive. if you dont want the guy who you just killed to finish you off, run away or dont fight near revival statue. already have to wait weeks to get into the crafting tree, I dont want to wait to revive too. fights only last 30 seconds, so why do we need to wait 400%+ of that time to pvp again, not even including time it takes to get back to where ever you were fighting. etc. etc. everything about it is wrong, does more harm than good. not like anyones overly eager to lose all their stuff in campaigns to run out and get farmed nor is there any reward for farming other players in the infected

this exists cause we had problem of infinite battle due to people rezzing nearby :P

However rezzing back at the temple i think shouldnt have a timer.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

14 hours ago, Jah said:

unknown.png

Another option could allow guilds to set permission in keep allow them to make a neutral city which means guards wont fire/attack anyone unless they hit somone. This way guild could own trade cities and taxes go into chest inside keep for guild.
Not sure if this is a building you build or default but could make a market place for other building spots aswell if you want more vendors.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 hours ago, Haptisma said:
  1. Harvesting
    • I'd prefer the stamina requirement go away for harvesting. Maybe I'm too early game (level 15) but the combination of stamina + durability creates a non-fun burden for me as the player. I'm not sure what the goal is, limit how fast resources can be gathered and therefore limit the amount of resources available? I'd say that the scarcity generated by durability loss is good enough to keep a healthy market flow so the game doesn't become too saturated with resources.

Passive training, talents, gear, consumable buffs, passives, disciplines, powers, etc can increase stamina and decrease durability loss.

Better tools have quite a lot more durability compared to basic/intermediate, but you need a runecrafter to make them.

As you progress you'll destroy nodes faster so less stamina is needed and durability is decreased further.

So yes, lvl 15 might be a bit early to understand all the pieces coming together.

5 hours ago, Haptisma said:
  1. Crafting
    • I love crafting, harvesting, AND PVP, but the passive XP tracks limit me to 2 out of 3. Would really like crafting to be a function of how much effort you put into it in that you accumulate points to spend based off of how much crafting you do. I'd even say the same about harvesting. Maybe the passive tracks could be time based for attack, defense, etc? 

They've talked about doing something with active progression be it all the time or new accounts but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not training Combat isn't going to remove your ability to PVP but obviously you'll be at a stat disadvantage depending on what others have trained. 

Alt accounts have a lot of value in this game and likely will be a money maker. Seems many have at least 2 simply because they want to train all 3 at least once.

4 minutes ago, APE said:

They've talked about doing something with active progression be it all the time or new accounts but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I really hope they do at some point. It's a make or break issue for a couple of my friends hanging out on the sidelines.