Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We need some PvP ranks

A large portion of complaints these days seem to be directed to having nothing to do outside of siege timers besides run pigs and forts, many of which lose their value as the campaign goes on. They are somewhat right, we need the harvesting loop to be most profitable in campaign to drive extra pvp, but that is not the only solution that can be implemented. Let me introduce you to ESO's alliance ranks, the sole thing driving tons of pvp in eso. Kills gain points based on damage, healers can gain points by healing killers, bonus points for winners of battles at POI's, 64 million to reach max. I believe we need "alliance" ranks in Crowfall as well. This was never promised in the KS and i dont think this could be implemented except in possibly the most bare form before launch but as a post launch feature this is at the top of my requests.

Benefits 

• Drives PvP, people love seeing that little progression bar go up and getting a new rank even if there isn't any actual reward
  • Encourages smaller forces outside of sieges to avoid sharing points 
  • Doesn't gimp healers in points since they share points with those they healed, a large group of players our current leader board neglects
  • Reduces the incentive to only last hit by scaling points to damage and healing amount done to each character
  • Encourages fighting at POI's for extra points
  • Can lock cosmetic options behind this system to ensure more casual players will want to participate frequently outside siege times
  • Almost uncheeseable, ESO is a much larger game and while i played i never heard of someone successfully cheesing it, i have heard of and seen players trying to but ultimately diminishing returns and our own spawn timers would make such a thing much less efficient than actually seeking out real enemies

Edited by Staff

hoayaga2.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A large portion of complaints these days seem to be directed to having nothing to do outside of siege timers besides run pigs and forts, many of which lose their value as the campaign goes on. They ar

Could share the points evenly across the group so that healers, tanks, support aren't neglected.

I've always liked the idea of temporary titles for campaigns that go away after the campaign is over. That way there's a lot less incentive to just cheese and game the various systems. It also functio

As we discussed on Discord, I'd much rather we tune the current mechanics to generate more pvp instead of implementing points for the sake of points, Equinar's latest podcast had some good ideas regarding forts and such.

Whilst I'm in agreement with implementing this 100%, I think this would be a bit unfair to those that are more utility than pure damage or healing. Utility is a bit difficult to quantify and I have no good suggestion for making a place for players like that in a system like this. Ideas everyone?

1 minute ago, Chillmate said:

As we discussed on Discord, I'd much rather we tune the current mechanics to generate more pvp instead of implementing points for the sake of points, Equinar's latest podcast had some good ideas regarding forts and such.

I don't see why they have to be exclusive of one another, both could be implemented down the line, although yes PvP ranks might not be the highest priority compared to some other changes.

Edited by Zushakon

Officer of The BlackHand Order

10 minutes ago, Zushakon said:

Whilst I'm in agreement with implementing this 100%, I think this would be a bit unfair to those that are more utility than pure damage or healing. Utility is a bit difficult to quantify and I have no good suggestion for making a place for players like that in a system like this. Ideas everyone?

jah had the idea of sharing points across the group evenly, if we could link groups into a raid i could see utility players being completely taken care of as well

hoayaga2.jpg

1 minute ago, Staff said:

jah had the idea of sharing points across the group evenly, if we could link groups into a raid i could see utility players being completely taken care of as well

Yes perhaps.. it does diminish rewarding personal excellence by a lot, allowing lesser players to potentially piggyback on better players, but maybe that's unavoidable.

Officer of The BlackHand Order

4 minutes ago, Zushakon said:

Yes perhaps.. it does diminish rewarding personal excellence by a lot, allowing lesser players to potentially piggyback on better players, but maybe that's unavoidable.

i think it is a little unavoidable for bad players to be carried in some way but its always up to the good players and leaders if they want to carry them

hoayaga2.jpg

DAoC has Realm Ranks, Warhammer had Renown, ESO Alliance.

I'm up for anything that gives more meaning to PVP of all types be it rewards individual output/performance or just being part of the experience.

Titles, Cosmetics, Achievements, Leaderboards, PVP only powers/passives/talents.

5 minutes ago, APE said:

DAoC has Realm Ranks, Warhammer had Renown, ESO Alliance.

I'm up for anything that gives more meaning to PVP of all types be it rewards individual output/performance or just being part of the experience.

Titles, Cosmetics, Achievements, Leaderboards, PVP only powers/passives/talents.

Iam still covinced that DAoC's "Best PvP-Game ever blabla" had alot to do with the realm rank system. It was a fun and rewarding system that worked out pretty well. 

I've always liked the idea of temporary titles for campaigns that go away after the campaign is over. That way there's a lot less incentive to just cheese and game the various systems. It also functions as a reset.

Getting X amount of kills gives you the "Bandit" title

Gaining X amount of XP via Blacksmithing gives you the "Master Blacksmith" title.

Taking 3 keeps gives you the Conqueror title

I think a lot of fun could be had with temporary titles 

1 hour ago, ZYBAK said:

I've always liked the idea of temporary titles for campaigns that go away after the campaign is over. That way there's a lot less incentive to just cheese and game the various systems. It also functions as a reset.

Gaining X amount of XP via Blacksmithing gives you the "Master Blacksmith" title.

Can use an achievement system for this that can reset each time you enter a new campaign. this way you can track your progress across many fields could also offer item rewards for milestones that cant be exported or they can be like trophy iotems you can add to your EK and things

Im a big fan for non exportable items. bosses that drops items that can be used in crafting that offers slightly higher bonuses than normal crafted items can make these limited to x drops in a campaign aswell however these items drop on death and cant be exported. This way they pass hands often in campaigns and wont be hoarded due to being unable to be exported. People will probaly brak them out for seige defences and attacks that they think are important. do there loot rewards in winning/lossing seiges.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, Makuza said:

Iam still covinced that DAoC's "Best PvP-Game ever blabla" had alot to do with the realm rank system. It was a fun and rewarding system that worked out pretty well. 

People like their carrots so makes sense people like PVP specific ones in a PVP focused game. Seeing my RR go up and unlocking XYZ abilities actually felt like I was accomplishing something as it potentially changed how I played.

Don't expect it in this game now or ever really, but could easily fit into the character systems they have in place.

This game is sorely missing the "Ding" factor. Higher quality vessels/gear/passive training are just stats for my stat window. Not much accomplishment feels going on for me. Having to re-level potentially the exact same race/class/promo/disciplines over and over only makes it less rewarding.

Really wish more games had copied what DAoC did well. WAR and and less so ESO had similar features due to having head devs from DAoC. So many good ideas lost to a dated game.

6 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

temporary titles i think would be a nice addition but i also want something permanent i can work on throughout several campaigns and years

hoayaga2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Staff said:

temporary titles i think would be a nice addition but i also want something permanent i can work on throughout several campaigns and years

Achievment system that gives EK trophies and things like that :P

Can use that system as a tempory and perma reward system, campaign achievements and then overall achievement tabs

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Crafters could get titles based on their achievements. The first crafter to make a blue, purple, or a legendary. Could divide it by profession too.

Maybe there is a way to track whose gear was used during a kill? Just being able to get a notification when someone rocking ur gear gets a kill (or assist to healers) would go a long way to show crafters they are important. Show them they are making a impact.