Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So what bugs are bannable?

I'm chiming in late since I've been training and taking in much of your conversation. I do feel this should have been addressed early on in this thread.   If you come across a bug (like the stealth issue) and you do it a few times to find reproducible steps or jump into your EK with a friend to try and figure out how it's done,  and then report it on the bug post or to support@crowfall.com (exploits should be sent there and not posted to the forums) that's fine.  Actively using a bug over and over to gain an unfair advantage over another player is abuse and will get you warned/actioned or possibly banned. We understand this is BETA but that doesn't mean take advantage of issues that need to be fixed and ruin other's gameplay.  If you're not sure you've come across a bug, post it on the bug post and ask for feedback.    

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright so let me do this a different way. If the stealth bug is a bannable offense, what else is a bannable offense? Will i get banned for using a vengeance myrm? What about if im playing a slayer an

Where do I report Vanguard Scouts having a permanent invisibility bug? I've never seen them. 😄

IMO even in beta with all the bugs that exist ACE shouldn't be trigger pulling bans without warning. Communicate clearly to the player, "hey, it looks like you're using a bug we haven't fixed, st

17 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

I'm chiming in late since I've been training and taking in much of your conversation. I do feel this should have been addressed early on in this thread.   If you come across a bug (like the stealth issue) and you do it a few times to find reproducible steps or jump into your EK with a friend to try and figure out how it's done,  and then report it on the bug post or to support@crowfall.com (exploits should be sent there and not posted to the forums) that's fine.  Actively using a bug over and over to gain an unfair advantage over another player is abuse and will get you warned/actioned or possibly banned. We understand this is BETA but that doesn't mean take advantage of issues that need to be fixed and ruin other's gameplay.  If you're not sure you've come across a bug, post it on the bug post and ask for feedback.    

Can you clarify if breaking walls without siege equipment is a bug or not? There is a video of a lot of older testers doing it and if its a bug then they used it to gain an advantage over another player and didn't get banned.One of the members admited to have been doing it repeatedly .And it was said in a patch note and in a tutorial that you require siege equipment to destroy walls.So in this case is the wall breaking without siege equipment a mechanic that wasn't mentioned in a patch noted and explained poorly in the tutorial or are there some players that don't have to obey the rules?unknown.png?width=891&height=501thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenthumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

We have a number of confirmed bugs which ACE most likely won't fix until 6.2

Vengeance Myrms - If you use vengeance at anything less than full hp you are getting a competitive advantage due to overheal.

Shieldbreaker - passive has issues, so even having disc on is "abusing" it.

Adjudicator - only one reason people take this.

Seems odd to make the statement, have confirmed bugs that are consistently used, and then I assume not do anything.

Edited by Ussiel
6 minutes ago, pamintandrei said:

Can you clarify if breaking walls without siege equipment is a bug or not?

Let's not go backwards, with what about and what if's.  I wasn't around for that and can't comment without knowing the full scenario.  Let's move forward from here and know that if a bug is continually abused it goes into the exploit category.  We're all gamers here, and we all know what's right and wrong.    

4 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Let's not go backwards, with what about and what if's.  I wasn't around for that and can't comment without knowing the full scenario.  Let's move forward from here and know that if a bug is continually abused it goes into the exploit category.  We're all gamers here, and we all know what's right and wrong.    

We can currently hit walls with attacks from players, as we've been able to do for years. Is it a bug? Should we not attack walls with players even though we can?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

19 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

We're all gamers here, and we all know what's right and wrong.    

You should probably consider banning 99% of the players using the Myrmidon class right now then. Just saying...

Oh, and also ACE's favorite influencer ZYBAK for using Rapid Fire on Slayer. 😛

---

Let's be real, CF has so many bugs, it is not reasonable to expect so many people to know what is a bug, what is an oversight, what is a balance issue, etc. ACE is putting the burden of compliance on the players when ACE rarely even acknowledges half the supposed bugs we report in the feedback forums.

Honestly, if you asked us to submit a draft document of all the things we know could be unbalancing by using it in game, but is so prevalent to be considered part of the game - I'm sure the community would be happy to oblige.

7 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

Let's be real, CF has so many bugs, it is not reasonable to expect so many people to know what is a bug, what is an oversight, what is a balance issue, etc. ACE is putting the burden of compliance on the players when ACE rarely even acknowledges half the supposed bugs we report in the feedback forums.

Exactly.

I wouldn't be surprised if Myrm is working as intended and they forgot to update the tooltip.

When ACE knows a bug exists after numerous people have reported it on forums/videos for weeks/months/years, but they don't list it on the known issue list or take any steps to fix it, seems like fair play to me.

40 minutes ago, Jah said:

We can currently hit walls with attacks from players, as we've been able to do for years. Is it a bug? Should we not attack walls with players even though we can?

Right now that's allowed, and from my understanding not a bug. It is something that will be addressed in an upcoming update. 

8 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Right now that's allowed, and from my understanding not a bug. It is something that will be addressed in an upcoming update. 

How about Myrm Vengeance over healing despite what the tooltip says and how it worked previously?

Many are making use of this as part of regular play, not a rare exploit here and there that someone might catch or not.

Also, it has been confirmed that Reverberating Blow and Rupture Barrier are both bugged, and it has also been stated that actively using a bug is abuse, but is it realistic to expect the playerbase to stop using Shield Breaker and Adjudicator disciplines? They are very popular disciplines, and it is unlikely that most players will even read this thread.

IhhQKY6.gif

So Todd on a few Q&A's now has hinted at he is surprised people havent found some combo's..... when people do they get banned? How long did ACE know of some of these bannable bugs, did nothing, could have done something, anything, told testers there is an existing bug please dont do it? Why type of company are you running?

3 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

We're all gamers here, and we all know what's right and wrong.    

I am not sure what is a bug/exploit or simply broken game mechanics. Lets be real, this is a testing phase no matter if you call it alpha or beta test. Banning players that paid to test this game is quite unethical and absurd. 

Edited by mystafyi
5 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Please don’t ban people for “open to interpretation rules”.  Give us direct do’s and do nots.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

11 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Have you met this community? If it is not in writing then it's done regardless of how bad said bug is. 

It will be forever a semantics war among the trash talking forum trolls until something is in writing about them. 

On 9/30/2020 at 3:38 PM, pamintandrei said:

Can you clarify if breaking walls without siege equipment is a bug or not? There is a video of a lot of older testers doing it and if its a bug then they used it to gain an advantage over another player and didn't get banned.One of the members admited to have been doing it repeatedly .And it was said in a patch note and in a tutorial that you require siege equipment to destroy walls.So in this case is the wall breaking without siege equipment a mechanic that wasn't mentioned in a patch noted and explained poorly in the tutorial or are there some players that don't have to obey the rules?unknown.png?width=891&height=501thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenthumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

Here you go. Being able to hit walls with LMB Is not even a bug . According to Blair , and there's a new "feature" coming in 6.2

unknown.png

On 10/1/2020 at 9:29 PM, yianni said:

Here you go. Being able to hit walls with LMB Is not even a bug . According to Blair , and there's a new "feature" coming in 6.2

unknown.png

Lol I wish all the devs were on the same page 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

• 1 month later...

I just posted about this, my combat log is the same.  I exposed, GFBd, got hit by Scalding and he died.  EDIT: Looks like you also got gibbed by it, as well.  Not sure, it's just the normal opener for a VGS.  I thought you guys just melted cause you were on lowbies.  Seems like a bug with GFB?

Edited by doomstove