Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So what bugs are bannable?

Tyrannicall

5 minutes ago, kekkerss said:

By the way, if a class in the game is so absolutely busted that this just happens randomly why is it still in the game and not taken out temporarily?

I'm really curious about this.

because we wouldn't be able to be able to test more then a couple paths of a couple classes if they took this action

4 minutes ago, Nuk said:

because we wouldn't be able to be able to test more then a couple paths of a couple classes if they took this action

...Okay but if other player's experience is getting ruined by players that are running around knowingly/unknowingly using a bug to their advantage, then what?

5 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

I sure hope everyone who exploits bugs gets banned.

I understand your position towards exploiters in a live game, but what about in a pre-release game that folks paid money to playtest? Finding things that are exploitable or broken before launch is a reason I paid Artcraft money in early development. Again, after release I have no problem with banning accounts for exploiting, not during testing.

5 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

Alright so let me do this a different way. If the stealth bug is a bannable offense, what else is a bannable offense? Will i get banned for using a vengeance myrm? What about if im playing a slayer and i intentionally cancel my rapid fire with flintlock to take advantage of the fact that rapid fire continues? @jtoddcoleman @thomasblair

Late to the thread, only read the original post.

Is it a ban-able offence to post a bug, like the original poster did?

Does he just assume everyone uses that bug because his clan does?  I didn't know about the rapid fire bug.

Anyways, if it's not ban-able, good to know!

6 minutes ago, Sloppy said:

Late to the thread, only read the original post.

Is it a ban-able offence to post a bug, like the original poster did?

Does he just assume everyone uses that bug because his clan does?  I didn't know about the rapid fire bug.

Anyways, if it's not ban-able, good to know!

you know there are entire threads dedicated to posting bugs? did tyrannical hurt you? 

59 minutes ago, kekkerss said:

By the way, if a class in the game is so absolutely busted that this just happens randomly why is it still in the game and not taken out temporarily?

I'm really curious about this.

There are multiple classes in the game that are so absolutely busted that they just 'exploit' things without even realizing (slayer, titan).

There are multiple classes in the game that are so absolutely busted (broken) that they literally don't work or aren't effective enough to compete (assassin, brigand).

I don't know why fixing them isn't a priority. I think it should be.. That balance pass can't come soon enough.

Until then, I expect we'll see everyone running around on slayers and titans...

• Duelist Rapid Fire should now end correctly when you cancel its cast.

What? This is game is still in development? Devs fix bugs? Go figure. 

BRB going to find my chill pills to hand out to everyone.

Just now, nihilsupernum said:

Right.. there are stormcallers too, and enough healers to keep them all alive..

I don't have stats, but I'd say slayer and titan are severely over-represented compared to the rest of the promotions.

No doubt that class balance needs to happen, but the reaction to a few individuals exploiting bugs knowingly or not compared to what the majority are doing is a bit funny.

If 99% of players were running around in perma stealth Slayers we'd all have a hard time finding anyone to kill...

Or if Veng was so OP, Titans would never die. Secret...they still die.

Believe JTC even offhandedly said Stormcaller's day will come as well during the last Q&A or the interview he did recently.

Bugs will get fixed. Balance will happen.

13 minutes ago, APE said:

No doubt that class balance needs to happen, but the reaction to a few individuals exploiting bugs knowingly or not compared to what the majority are doing is a bit funny.

If 99% of players were running around in perma stealth Slayers we'd all have a hard time finding anyone to kill...

Or if Veng was so OP, Titans would never die. Secret...they still die.

Believe JTC even offhandedly said Stormcaller's day will come as well during the last Q&A or the interview he did recently.

Bugs will get fixed. Balance will happen.

I want to believe, but I see stuff like this in the patch notes under 'powers' every time and just sigh:

• Fixed an issue where Plains Elk NPCs would animate incorrectly when using their Charge ability.
  • Fixed an issue where toggle ability animations were playing incorrectly.
  • Elken can now be knocked down by Confessor tornadoes correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where Guinecean burrow FX would persist if they ate something after entering stealth.
  • Nethari dodge (Zealot Rush) now has SFX.
  • Minotaur Bull Rush will now more reliably hit enemies as you charge.
  • Frostweaver Cool Ice weaved by an Icecaller with the Harmonious Weaving talent can now heal critically.
  • Fixed an issue where Knight Shield Slam would hit twice for double damage.
  • Fixed an issue where the Myrmidon Berserk Heart meter would disappear while the power was running.
  • Ranger basic melee attacks should now all animate correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where Templar Righteous Parry SFX would never end.
  • Updated the tooltip name and description for Assassin basic attack second combo.
  • Fixed an issue where Druid Coalesce Nature buff would end early.
  • Fixed an issue where Duelist Go for Broke would cause Burrow FX to cease.
  • Fixed an issue where the Ranger Sustain animation would stutter at its end.

So that's great they're fixing bugs. I would just really like them to direct efforts at the bugs that are most affecting pvp combat - stuff like Vengeance, stuff like Rapid Fire cancelling, stuff like Assassin ult not working, etc.

We're in this awkward situation where major combat-affecting bugs have existed so long people just assume that that's how it's supposed to work and honestly can't tell whether or not they're bugs, exploits, or intended behavior.

Edited by nihilsupernum

bahaha. Well Played ACE. Well played..

New patch on test just now:

Powers

• Improved timing on Assassin Shadowstep animation to line up better with FX.
  • Duelist Rapid Fire should now end correctly when you cancel its cast.
Edited by nihilsupernum

IMO even in beta with all the bugs that exist ACE shouldn't be trigger pulling bans without warning.

Communicate clearly to the player, "hey, it looks like you're using a bug we haven't fixed, stop doing that. We are fixing it and it isn't going to keep working anyway."

After receiving a warning, and having had the opportunity to lay out stuff like "I don't know how this is happenning" or whatever that's when you can reproduce it and determine is this a thing that people can legit do unintentionally by accident or not, and that's when you can check in on this player to see if they're stopped, or if you need to ban them.

In no situation should people be getting banned for exploits without checking in to what the exploit is, and how it operates, nor should a player be banned without at least one warning so you know THEY know this is an exploit.

These things will happen throughout testing, and will occasionally happen after release as well. Sometimes exploitable bugs slip through to live servers. When you're dealing with customers that have given you money, I think its important to establish the user as a malicious rather than ignorant violator of the EULA as directly as possible before revoking access to the product they paid for.

This doesn't mean we should just let people exploit because its a beta, but we should be very very certain that said player is deliberately and maliciously exploiting in defiance of direct communication from the developer before taking such a drastic action.

If the exploit is so easy to execute and so widespread you can't afford the manpower to directly warn the abusers, its probably not something you should be banning people for.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Is this what this game has really come to? Banning players for using broken abilities?

We've literally played for months to years with certain broken things and were just told to suck it up while other system were worked on. Pitfighters could solo groups through most of 8.5.X. Other specs were and still are free kills. And in a testing phase, we're actually banning players, in an unreleased game??

What in the actual... wow...

Edited by Navystylz

3 hours ago, nihilsupernum said:

I want to believe, but I see stuff like this in the patch notes under 'powers' every time and just sigh:

So that's great they're fixing bugs. I would just really like them to direct efforts at the bugs that are most affecting pvp combat - stuff like Vengeance, stuff like Rapid Fire cancelling, stuff like Assassin ult not working, etc.

We're in this awkward situation where major combat-affecting bugs have existed so long people just assume that that's how it's supposed to work and honestly can't tell whether or not they're bugs, exploits, or intended behavior.

No clue how the priority system works, be it easiest to fix, most game breaking, first come first to fix, but it is annoying to see random things fixed I've rarely if ever seen mentioned compared to something like Assassin Ult which has gone on for so long. 6.2 and beyond can't come soon enough. Will be unfortunate if certain very obvious issues are't dealt with prior to launch.

16 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

This doesn't mean we should just let people exploit because its a beta, but we should be very very certain that said player is deliberately and maliciously exploiting in defiance of direct communication from the developer before taking such a drastic action.

If the exploit is so easy to execute and so widespread you can't afford the manpower to directly warn the abusers, its probably not something you should be banning people for.

It shouldn't require direct development communication. If a player is knowingly utilizing an exploit then it should be a bannable offense. Especially with cases where someone never submitted a bug report, but rather continued to utilize it. That absolutely should be an immediate, bannable offense.

Without a strong zero tolerance policy regarding exploits and the bans that result, the product, company and teams involved with a project have a severely degraded position for the vast majority of their constituents. In the case of a game, the vast majority of their constituents are the ones funding the operation. It's cost effect to ban the problem children, to keep the playerbase at large content and reasonably free of exploit laden gameplay.

In addition, bans should be enforced to ensure bypasses and ban avoidance isn't practiced. Utilizing IP Address, IPv6 Numerations, MACID, UUID's, MGUIDS and other methods. That would essentially completely remove ban avoidance practices from banned subjects so they can't  just slip into a different account.

When someone is taken to account for their exploiting, ACE should be fully supported and trusted with those decisions, otherwise it further degrades the company standing to the larger playerbase and degrades their firm position on exploiting - and reduces enforcement ferocity. This is why bans should also encompass a discretion mandate for the offending agent so they don't incite the vocal minority of the playerbase against the company.

One way to do that is to public announce bannings, with substantiating evidence/reasoning's behind it and mark it as read only in a specific forum for everyone to see, and view the action themselves, eliminating false information and/or uncertainty as to why something happened and dowsing conspiracy theories with light.

In addition, there should be a ban appeal method. A good place would be a forum section where only the offender can post (privately) to staff members, and cite his evidence as to why the ban is not justified. Nobody could read this but members of the ACE team and the offender.

Both of these I feel would assist in the matter.

Edited by Kobra

21 hours ago, kekkerss said:

...Okay but if other player's experience is getting ruined by players that are running around knowingly/unknowingly using a bug to their advantage, then what?

Your experience means jack poorly made dergs right now. The game isn't live, who cares about exploits or winning beyond having fun. Exploits are lame and using them is lame, however using developer time to fix problems outside the planned development structure is dumb. If bugs bother people this much, you shouldn't playtest. 

As for the people saying everyone runs myrms and slayers I can tell you -w- doesn't run either in gvg. 

Just now, Zatch said:

Your experience means jack poorly made dergs right now. The game isn't live, who cares about exploits or winning beyond having fun. Exploits are lame and using them is lame, however using developer time to fix problems outside the planned development structure is wasting time that should be used to get the game to love. If bugs bother people this much, you shouldn't playtest. 

As for the people saying everyone runs myrms and slayers I can tell you -w- doesn't run either in gvg. 

Edited by Zatch
I am a boomer

5 hours ago, Kobra said:

In addition, bans should be enforced to ensure bypasses and ban avoidance isn't practiced. Utilizing IP Address, IPv6 Numerations, MACID, UUID's, MGUIDS and other methods. That would essentially completely remove ban avoidance practices from banned subjects so they can't  just slip into a different account.

Gaming companies simply dont have the resources to stop PC users from slipping into a new account or cheaply bypassing any software/hardware ban. Banning the account allows for another purchase of game.