Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Animation Canceling Dead? Did you miss it?

Flash casting to clip animations is dead.  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to miss it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?

Looks like all forms of flash cast clipping has been pulled from the game. Gone are the days of clipping buff casts or long animations with flash casts like blood of the giant, neck slash, or other ults to out skill your opponents in a very minor but flavorful way. I'm personally going to miss this mechanic as I felt it brought an element of skill to the combat in this game that otherwise doesn't exist currently.

What do you think?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting rid of cancels is fine. Crowfall's flash casting wasn't designed to shave frames off of animations. It was designed to reactively break the GCD for certain effects that are designed to interru

I'm in the boat with Ama and see this as needed and good change. Animation cancelling is up tuning those classes that have powerful fashcasts more than intended. But I do agree that flashcasts generat

Animation canceling isn't perfect in this game.  I would prefer it to take more skill than it did.  The timing requirement was basically zero (which makes sense admittedly, hard to create tight timing

I can't help but feel I had something to do with this considering the intro of this video. 😂

Poor Avenger-Sama had the entire universe line up for him.

Edited by ZYBAK

Curious about the rationale here for the change. Surely if something was over performing they could be tuned down but still keep the fun of clipping in the game? @jtoddcoleman @thomasblair or @vkromas maybe?

This is an example where a patch note explaining the design change of the beta game we're all sinking hours into would be helpful instead of leaving a sneaky lump of coal in our stocking.

I believe its a bug related to the attempt of "fixing" rapidfire... alot of systems broke with this patch and iam confident to see them being fixed soonish. Flashcasts are made for animationcancel, they are literally the definition for it and you want to have this if you want any kind of skillceiling in this game.

note: I have only played 2 weeks and am not commenting on specific examples in this game.

If anyone had a chance to play DCUO on release, it was an action combat fighting MMO with animation canceling. Within 2 weeks of release you could find macros for every ability set to animation cancel and increase dps by significant margins over what a human player was capable of. Clips and YouTube vids followed of hard CC chains that had no counter and near instant kills, etc, and they just ended up porting the game over to xbox for kids.

Anyhow, clean class design and synergy should create an environment where gameplay has depth and requires/rewards skill. One or a few promotions having the ability to avoid opportunity cost by canceling a powerful channel or avoid counter-play by canceling the visual of a cooldown will just result in the entire game playing only a handful of promotions and the game will be a balance train wreck. There are no secrets in MMOs, if/when this goes live and gets a following, those "out skill" tricks will be used by everyone who just watched a guide on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Prometeu said:

I would like to have it being introduced as an intended mechanic. The fact that it got removed it's a sign that it was most likely not intended to work the way it did.

/salute

Its a sign for literally nothing and you should know better. Otherwise I could claim that Orbs of druids arent supposed to exist in this game because they break every other patch in some kind or form. But thanks for your educated input

1 hour ago, moneda said:

I'd like to believe this; otherwise it's just another change that makes combat less interesting and fun but adds nothing.

It adds balance. Classes are balanced for regular play style and balance is broken if one class is able to cancel every animation and the other class isn´t.

GvTm2yj.gif

16 minutes ago, Kundrya said:

It adds balance. Classes are balanced for regular play style and balance is broken if one class is able to cancel every animation and the other class isn´t.

That might be true for 1on1 and ultrasmallscale, but who cares about that? The game isnt balanced arround that..atleast ppl claim that. So who cares? You cant just roll 20 Slayers or Templars and co. without the other components to a setup in Groupplay, no matter how much they can cancel.

And yet I have to see how templars are considerd 1on1 beasts even with the "insane amount" of cancels they can do 😄

For me these mechanics are adding fun to these classes and some kind of possible improvment in gameplay by learning how to do it right, but they are not broken balancewise because of it.

Edited by Makuza
31 minutes ago, Makuza said:

Its a sign for literally nothing and you should know better. Otherwise I could claim that Orbs of druids arent supposed to exist in this game because they break every other patch in some kind or form. But thanks for your educated input

In my educated way I will say that we can agree to disagree!

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

8 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

I can't help but feel I had something to do with this considering the intro of this video. 😂

Poor Avenger-Sama had the entire universe line up for him.

First Assassins, now flash casting.

Where's my torch and pitchfork? 

GET EM!

:lol:

1d6vv2.jpg?a444192

Edited by blazzen
forgot the pitchfork.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

If it is not going to change can we at least add seconds to buffs equal to their animation, or not have the buff start or start ticking until the end of the animation? It is real feels bad to lose 10-15% of your buff duration to the animation.

aeei5jG.png