Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MMO World / Haters

I see a lot of people talking about Crowfall, bored already..etc. However, Crowfall is the only game consistently making changes, patches, and progressing the development of the game while giving you something to play as you wait. Shut up and be thankful they cared enough to let you play during development rather than do what Camelot Unchained, New World (other than the one week preview) and every other does is make you wait for years with nothing substantial to play. The MMO world is sooo dead right now and badly needs a game to come out to revitalize and very much dead genre. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see a lot of people talking about Crowfall, bored already..etc. However, Crowfall is the only game consistently making changes, patches, and progressing the development of the game while giving you

I have been bored with crowfall at least seven times as much as the new people and I demand respect.

IMO, we haven't really been PLAYING the game all these years, we've been TESTING the game. Some of us do this testing to help the devs improve the product, some of us do it to learn the tricks of the

6 hours ago, Chappee said:

Shut up and be thankful they cared enough to let you play during development rather than do what Camelot Unchained, New World (other than the one week preview) and every other does is make you wait for years with nothing substantial to play. 

Most rational folks realize how much of a mistake this was and why others dont do this. Even the dev's acknowledge this and wont do this again. 😈

On 9/11/2020 at 12:19 PM, Chappee said:

I see a lot of people talking about Crowfall, bored already..etc. However, Crowfall is the only game consistently making changes, patches, and progressing the development of the game while giving you something to play as you wait. Shut up and be thankful they cared enough to let you play during development rather than do what Camelot Unchained, New World (other than the one week preview) and every other does is make you wait for years with nothing substantial to play. The MMO world is sooo dead right now and badly needs a game to come out to revitalize and very much dead genre. 

Seems like a lot of the folks who are posting dramatic 'I'm done!' posts weren't the target demographic of this game anyway.

The majority of them might as well just copy and paste "I'm annoyed I have to play with others in a group/guild."

And you know what? That's fine if you acknowledge you're going into this game (and really any MMO) with a different play style than the game intended.

Instead they seem overly entitled and feel the need to complain about a game that was never going to make them happy.

(While it brought a lot of good to the MMO space, I blame WoW. There are just so many people who claim to like MMOs that have never worked with another group of players to do anything. They just spend their time running around the world, avoiding other players except when its time to kill a lowbie).

Let me first say that everyone's experience is different of course.

I have  more than 1k games on pc and I have been bored for a very long time.

Then I bought crowfall and I have been playing almost every day for about a month and a half now.

Sure this game is not finished but it's the most fun I had in years.

I see a lot of potential here.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:19 AM, Chappee said:

I'm very thankful there's still quite a number of players that are excited for this game. I think the core issue is on their design team. Not only that this have been very catastrophic choice but why pick Unity over Unreal? If they wanted to make this a successful sieging they have much better flow to go with Unreal. On top of that they employed an in-depth crafting mechanics which is completely contingent to how much time investment you have put into your passive skill tree.

This kind of game era ended like 10yrs ago. This is why the new generation players only go for MOBA because they are sick of how these game/developers operate and mostly they have absurd cash shop system. If you want to get more playerbase they need to adapt to the new generation and compete like how MOBA has been successful over these many years.

Edited by mysticque
1 hour ago, mysticque said:

I'm very thankful there's still quite a number of players that are excited for this game. I think the core issue is on their design team. Not only that this have been very catastrophic choice but why pick Unity over Unreal? If they wanted to make this a successful sieging they have much better flow to go with Unreal. On top of that they employed an in-depth crafting mechanics which is completely contingent to how much time investment you have put into your passive skill tree.

This kind of game era ended like 10yrs ago. This is why the new generation players only go for MOBA because they are sick of how these game/developers operate and mostly they have absurd cash shop system. If you want to get more playerbase they need to adapt to the new generation and compete like how MOBA has been successful over these many years.

I'm seriously confused by your statement. You are saying that they should turn this game into a MOBA to attract MOBA players because Open World PvP games don't appeal to the teenager demographic who's never play an open world MMO PvP game before?

Blackfeather.png

19 minutes ago, zenasprime said:

I'm seriously confused by your statement. You are saying that they should turn this game into a MOBA to attract MOBA players because Open World PvP games don't appeal to the teenager demographic who's never play an open world MMO PvP game before?

Not turn it into MOBA but literally make the game less of drag than it is now. Just make the game less complicated as most people don't give a damn about crafting, passive training and all that crap. Just keep it simple and overall less stress for them than it is for us. Even the mounts are unnecessary on top of that it creates massive issues.

Bottom line is, when the sieges are done, when majority of the players are offline, the game has a lot of downtime action and just turn most of the players away. I'm sure there will still be remnants of action but often times I noticed that a lot of people just basically go back to playing other game when the tables are cleared. I'm sure ACE can do something to turn that around if they just add more mechanics and game platform aside from campaigns/infected for pvp. At least add small scall pvp/structured pvp.

Edited by mysticque
5 minutes ago, mysticque said:

Not turn it into MOBA but literally make the game less of drag than it is now. Just make the game less complicated as most people don't give a damn about crafting, passive training and all that crap. Just keep it simple and overall less stress for them than it is for us.

Well, that's not true. Also, you need to keep in mind that just because you don't like Flight Simulator games (because they are too complex) doesn't mean that there isn't an entire market of players out there that do.

In other words, if an Open World PvP where fighting over resources and a robust economy of player crafted tools is a key component that works towards generating conflict, then maybe Crowfall just isn't the game for you.  🤷‍♂️

Blackfeather.png

4 minutes ago, zenasprime said:

Well, that's not true. Also, you need to keep in mind that just because you don't like Flight Simulator games (because they are too complex) doesn't mean that there isn't an entire market of players out there that do.

In other words, if an Open World PvP where fighting over resources and a robust economy of player crafted tools is a key component that works towards generating conflict, then maybe Crowfall just isn't the game for you.  🤷‍♂️

I'm not talking about myself even... I've literally introduced this game to like 10+ friend around the ages of 20-39. Sofar, only 2 have installed the game and played through it and uninstalled the game after this last patch. I'm pretty sure they are never coming back as there are too many indisputable flaws to the way this game has devolved to.

All I am saying is I do not want to have an elitist game like what happened with SB. It went from 50k players from each servers to what 10k then it came down to 2k towards the end of its era.

They can do better than this.

32 minutes ago, mysticque said:

Just make the game less complicated as most people don't give a damn about crafting

Speak for yourself. Some of us do care about crafting. 

This was supposed to create a sybiotic relationship between the warriors, gatherers and creators. The problem is that for some reason a generation of gamers wants to come on here and "do it by myself" sounding like entitled brats that want everything handed to them with no effort on their part. This game was not intended for that. 

Yeah maybe they could figure out how to bake the crafting passive training into the game somehow.

Passive training is fine as long as there are enough other reasons for people to log in and do things, and that can be tweaked during the development.

Crafting really should remain central, because if you take that aspect away, the game becomes too one-dimensional.  At that point, what you might as well do is scrap the MMO concept altogether and make it like a 3D MOBA like SMITE or something like that.

3 hours ago, Magrathea said:

Seems like a lot of the folks who are posting dramatic 'I'm done!' posts weren't the target demographic of this game anyway.

The majority of them might as well just copy and paste "I'm annoyed I have to play with others in a group/guild."

And you know what? That's fine if you acknowledge you're going into this game (and really any MMO) with a different play style than the game intended.

Instead they seem overly entitled and feel the need to complain about a game that was never going to make them happy.

(While it brought a lot of good to the MMO space, I blame WoW. There are just so many people who claim to like MMOs that have never worked with another group of players to do anything. They just spend their time running around the world, avoiding other players except when its time to kill a lowbie).

No. Your argument is invalid.

The game is not compelling enough for me to be willing to invest MY TIME making friends or joining a guild. That is not a failure by me. That is not a fault in my character.

It is not that I do not understand the game, it's that I just don't care.

It is not a good game, and I am not willing to invest myself further into it until it improves markedly. This is not a fault that lies within the players.

If it were a good game I would have no problem joining a guild and working towards mutual goals, but my time is valuable and right now Crowfall just isn't worth the investment.

8 minutes ago, Ravenstorm said:

The game is not compelling enough for me to be willing to invest MY TIME making friends or joining a guild. That is not a failure by me. That is not a fault in my character.

It is not a good game, and I am not willing to invest myself further into it until it improves markedly. This is not a fault that lies within the players.

If it were a good game I would have no problem joining a guild and working towards mutual goals, but my time is valuable and right now Crowfall just isn't worth the investment.

It is not a personal failure that you do not like something and wish it changed, it would not be a personal failure if you did like something and someone else didn’t.

Let’s not confuse subjective liking with objective quality. 

I really like Crowfall and readily admit it’s faults, likely including the things you’re saying. It’s part of the process, and it feels like their label of beta is a real problem for you, and that is reasonable. Hopefully for you, when they launch it fits your vision enough that you venture deeper in.

If it doesn’t, I’ll thank you to understand that some of us are more than a month in and have stuck around, so I guess we have different preferences. Alas.

Edited by McTan

I do love being part of my guild and its community. However, I do have a lot of friends that play the game on the fly and do not want to get involve with daily activities as part of their routine. This really pushes the limit how much players are willing to invest in this game. If you are a casual player you will be subjective towards priorities for gear/vessels/training cap points and possibly even the guild itself. They need to make it viable for solo players.

1 hour ago, mysticque said:

All I am saying is I do not want to have an elitist game like what happened with SB. It went from 50k players from each servers to what 10k then it came down to 2k towards the end of its era.

I disagree. Not every game needs to be Fornite, with every twitch streamer and eager teenage boy playing the game. Plenty of people play Starcraft 2 or Eve Online despite the game not being in any friendly to the average casual player.

Okay that was a weird trick Crowfall forums. I'm too lazy to fix it though so...

Edited by zenasprime

Blackfeather.png

17 minutes ago, Ravenstorm said:

Well if my argument is invalid I guess I'll leave.

Oh wait.

You literally said in the other thread you had no desire to join a guild. And frankly if your time is so valuable you shouldn't be playing in a beta. This game isn't fully baked.

I stand by my point. A lot of the extreme hate seems to be coming from folks whose expectations for this game don't lineup with reality.

Is it perfect? No. Does it need work? Yup. Does it need a TON of work in some areas? Most definitely.

And folks who want this game to succeed can help out tremendously by providing constructive criticism.

But the folks just flaming away are wasting everybody's valuable time.

1 minute ago, zenasprime said:

I disagree. Not every game needs to be Fornite, with every twitch streamer and eager teenage boy playing the game. Plenty of people play Starcraft 2 or Eve Online despite the game not being in any friendly to the average casual player.

who said it has to be something specific. this game has a lot of potential but right now they delving into one perspective which is spiraling downwards old genre. the faction, the absurd crafting, limited capacity, idk if this is going to progress even better or worst. tbh SB had more fruition at the end of its era at least there's playerbase for errants.