Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best ranged AOE class (promotion) for zerg pvp?

18 hours ago, Mortiis said:

I only saw confessors "fire tornadoes", any other class has ranged aoe attacks?

Storm caller Has the strongest AOE , Frost Weaver has some but not that good anymore 

On 9/13/2020 at 5:51 PM, Khalanos said:

Yea 100% Stormcaller.   Confessors are good but the tornadoes are not reliable

100% agree, though Stormcallers did suffer a baby nerf on the last patch- so AOE isn’t as powerful, but still very effective.  However, I haven’t yet tested the difference in damage or general use in large scale groups between confessor and stormcaller.   

OK I will clear and conclude. Range aoe classes which can produce dmg (all about zerg fights, not small scale):

• stormcaller
  • radical cleric
  • archdruid
  • any confessors promo except tanky
  • archer
  • slayer
  • archmage

nominations (on the left - more appropriate nominations😞

1) no brain no skill required: stormcaller -> radical -> confessors -> any other -> archdruid

2) very tanky: radical -> stormcaller -> any other

3) very boring: stormcaller/radical -> any other -> archdruid

4) most aoe dmg: stormcaller/radical -> archdruid -> slayer/archmage -> confessor -> archer

5) biggest dps: radical -> slayer/archmage/stormcaller -> all other

6) very fast to die if focused:  slayer/archmage -> confessors -> all other -> radical

7) very hard to play: archdruid =_=

8 ) very fps dependend: archer/archdruid -> all other -> radical/stormcaller

9) biggest burst damage: archdruid -> all other

10) biggest single target dps: archer -> slayer -> radical -> all other -> archmage/archdruid

etc etc. what else nomanation I can write? most potential in terms of zerk destroy have archdruid. he can shot fat boiz. all other - regular soldiers for their own roles and setups.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

16 hours ago, makkon said:

OK I will clear and conclude. Range aoe classes which can produce dmg (all about zerg fights, not small scale):

• stormcaller
  • radical cleric
  • archdruid
  • any confessors promo except tanky
  • archer
  • slayer
  • archmage

nominations (on the left - more appropriate nominations😞

1) no brain no skill required: stormcaller -> radical -> confessors -> any other -> archdruid

2) very tanky: radical -> stormcaller -> any other

3) very boring: stormcaller/radical -> any other -> archdruid

4) most aoe dmg: stormcaller/radical -> archdruid -> slayer/archmage -> confessor -> archer

5) biggest dps: radical -> slayer/archmage/stormcaller -> all other

6) very fast to die if focused:  slayer/archmage -> confessors -> all other -> radical

7) very hard to play: archdruid =_=

8 ) very fps dependend: archer/archdruid -> all other -> radical/stormcaller

9) biggest burst damage: archdruid -> all other

10) biggest single target dps: archer -> slayer -> radical -> all other -> archmage/archdruid

etc etc. what else nomanation I can write? most potential in terms of zerk destroy have archdruid. he can shot fat boiz. all other - regular soldiers for their own roles and setups.

What archer does more damage than a slayer?

6 hours ago, Arkdin said:

What archer does more damage than a slayer?

yes. single target dps is more on archer. slayer have less range distance and should stay closer to main blob to do something while ranger can produce LMB and rapid fire from far away. this also mean slayer will get more CC and lose dps like what.

the problem here is only blob make it impossible to stay on 1 target from 50+ meters.

Discord makkon#8550

On 9/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, makkon said:

yes. single target dps is more on archer. slayer have less range distance and should stay closer to main blob to do something while ranger can produce LMB and rapid fire from far away. this also mean slayer will get more CC and lose dps like what.

the problem here is only blob make it impossible to stay on 1 target from 50+ meters.

Thats my point.  Real world archers are not out dpsing slayers.

8 hours ago, Arkdin said:

what is dps in ur opinion? staying at one place and rotating dmg skills on dummy?

false. dps is calculated combination of various factors. if you dead - you have zero dps. if you cced - your dps is stopped. if you untouched - you can produce dps.

you can think whatever but I still pretty much sure archer have best single target dps ingame in small scale if you give him to do it. and from time and better gear it will grown.

Discord makkon#8550

11 hours ago, Arkdin said:

in 5.100 the reason you didn't see many slayers was because archers could outrange them and kill them with their higher single target damage.  You are basing your knowledge on having never played end-game and quite simply you are wrong.

with decent compounds and quivers coming online the time of the archer is coming back, i know they lost a lot of their damage but i feel the cry of nerf was much more over exaggerated than it actually was. Archer's just suck a bit more in the very early game until they can get the tools to get their range up and the additional dmg from the quiver (let alone a main mechanic of the archer LMB on top of that)

12 hours ago, Marklarr said:

with decent compounds and quivers coming online the time of the archer is coming back, i know they lost a lot of their damage but i feel the cry of nerf was much more over exaggerated than it actually was. Archer's just suck a bit more in the very early game until they can get the tools to get their range up and the additional dmg from the quiver (let alone a main mechanic of the archer LMB on top of that)

You're both wrong but okay.

9 hours ago, Arkdin said:

You're both wrong but okay.

my Legendary Elken, with a runic epic compound bow and legendary quiver and a 65m range, critting people with a slashing quiver for over 2k on high health and over 4k on an execute begs to differ, and this was back when the meta was also tanky as heck.

They are sucking very early game because their actual defence is the massive gap between them and the enemy which in early game where you just have wartribe bows, no rings, no vessels is just not enough and no access to quivers means no special 3rd LMB and a massive drop in damage too.

I love my archer very much and i love the class, i do understand its limitations though, but i also know where it can shine, it's single target burst is deadly when you do it right and you can keep a capped damage bonus up nearly 100% of the time at end game which makes it insanley strong, barrage is also nice for dumping on a melee blob as a support mechanism.