Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Campaign Rewards

goqua

Resources correlating with PvP involvement.

Campaign rewards (in addition to whatever reward system they have planned) of some amount of resources based on PvP participation (kills, damage/healing dealt, etc) or for satisfying card objectives or what have you.  I'd be way more willing to take risks with my gear if I knew my involvement would end up netting me some amount of resources I could use to craft replacements.  Even a trivial amount, as long as I know it's waiting for me at the end of the campaign, would keep me more engaged and focused on PvP.

Just a thought.  I'm not married to it.

During testing, temporary rewards would be acceptable.  Temporary badges, mount skins, statues to display, etc.

I have had an idea about campaign rewards and posted a lengthy explanation of it. check it out and see if it meets something that you might be looking for. I think most of us have a similar idea that there need to be something "more".

My second post was addressing the general consensus about rewards, in that we need something, anything, right now, even temporary stuff; and your post sounds like a good idea for a permanent scoring system.

I was broadly thinking of something independent of the score system for campaigns in my op.  The big focus seems to be on guilds and divine favor, and I'm saying that there should be some reason for solos and small guilds to go fight over stuff, because they are never going to beat out large guilds in anything.  So if I'm generating something trivial that allows me to focus on action, then I'd be happy.  Not to take away from farmers who want all the things now.  Good for them, and I hope their guilds can protect them.

We are going to see large alliances control whole map areas.  If a large alliance is gate camping and has a map locked down, I want a reason to go in there and disrupt things besides just testing the durability of my gear.   The game should absolutely reward players who can organize and execute effectively towards divine favor goals, and for the rest of us, a couple of lumps of coal in my stocking would be fine.

I am not talking about a participation trophy here, but some value generated for my involvement that helps sustain my involvement.  We aren't all able to gank 3 people as a solo and take what we want.  Frankly, I'm terrible, and even with the best meta build, an average-skilled player would probably beat me in a 1v1, but that doesn't mean I don't want to go jump into a fight.  It just means that at some point, I have to think about how I'm going to replace the tools I'm using for war, without becoming a stealth farmer, running back and forth from nodes to a bank, just to make sure I can be viable after my gear starts breaking.