Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE policy on 3rd party programs running in background?

Meram

I can't find a company policy on 3rd party applications running in background; Ie. Macro.exe programs like Easyclicks and Autoit for looting in game or other repetitive tasks.

Will Crowfall utilize an Anti-Cheat monitoring program, and if people are caught cheating with speedhacks, duping, sharking and the like, what will be the consequences and enforcement policy of ACE in the handling of these instances?

Thanks

You can have a 3rd party applications running in the background, a good example is the parser that you can find in this forum, and if i remembered correctly you cannot interact directly with the game itself.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/artcraft/terms-and-conditions/

6.2. Accessing the Service: You agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Service by any means other than through the user interface provided through the Site provided by ArtCraft. You specifically agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Service through any automated means (including, without limitation, through the use of scripts, bots, spiders or web crawlers).

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

16 minutes ago, miraluna said:

6.2. Accessing the Service: You agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Service by any means other than through the user interface provided through the Site provided by ArtCraft. You specifically agree not to access, or attempt to access, the Service through any automated means (including, without limitation, through the use of scripts, bots, spiders or web crawlers).

That quote seems to be about accessing the game servers with something other than the game client. Running 3rd party apps in the background while you play is still "accessing the service through the user interface provided by ACE."

IhhQKY6.gif

I'd like some clarity on this, because I know some are running a macro looting program and basically instant looting. I asked if that was what he was doing, and he said yes, many of the long term testers do so. If that's allowed, okay, then they may as well implement a "Loot all" key, otherwise not everyone will know using that macro is allowed and disadvantages them.

I also need to know the cheating consequences, and levels of punishments, exploiting, duping, speed hacks... severity? Suspension, banning, account stripping?

Unfortunately i am unable to find the link where i found it but about 2 months ago i had a similar discussion with a guildmate and we found that they explicitely stated that any program/macro etc. that provides players with an advantage (e.g. retaliate macros/loot macros whatever else you can think off) are 100% not allowed to use.

IMO. ACE can't possibly want to be seen as condoning cheating, therefore 3rd party macro progs such as auto loot should be EXPRESSELY called out as Not ALLOWED in the Ts & Cs and the consequences for such action listed, ie: 1st offense = 24 hour ban, 2nd offense = 7 day ban, 3rd offense = account ban.

Edited by MacDeath

Mac

BTW, I THINK I found the answer. It isn't in the T&C, its in the Rules of Conduct RoC which can be seen here:

https://crowfall.com/en-US/crowfall-eu/rules-of-conduct/

The relevant section is:

"You agree that your use of the Service shall be lawful and that you will comply with Art+Craft's usage rules. In accordance with the above, as an example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Service in order to:

Use , develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software programs or applications except as explicitly sanctioned by Art+Craft. This includes any method or means which modifies the software code provided by Art+Craft or that interferes with and/or modifies the transmissions to and from your computer and the Art+Craft service."

Hope this helps,

Mac

Edited by MacDeath

Mac