Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Give us back "Fall in Formation"

I just had an Army flashback.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

ugh...

to be honest - please don't. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I would rather it not be implemented. I would prefer everyone active. I think it encourages the boxing of multiple accounts. 

I know there is no way around loading multiple clients, but I am not in favor of anything making it easier to bring them to the battle field. Active targeting/action combat will deter this to a great extent, but so will the absense of formation/group movement.

Oh and while I'm at it, no "summoning" either for that matter.

Edited by armegeddon

I like the idea but would like it to be bit more active. Like an ability that places a "footprint" around the player that locks in other players that meet requirements (such as shield wall or something) as they walk onto the footprint and then gives combat bonuses. 

lead someone into a trap.

New campaign ruleset: Lemmings!

Seriously though, what happens when the person everyone's following gets thrown 20 feet? Or your formation's traipsing through the woods, and someone falls into a river, or runs into a tree? Do they automatically get back out and into formation? And, if not, why not just rely on manual movement/positioning?

On the topic, I WILL say that it'd be pretty cool to have a sort of "commander" toolset to set up formations, then basically issue a command to fall into a given formation, and have that formation "telegraphed" to the other people on your team (like with little ghost silhouettes in 3D space, so that you can see where people should stand). I won't say necessary, but that'd at least be useful, instead of your only option being to manually teach each and every person where they need to stand. You could just SHOW them the formation you want. *shrug*

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

New campaign ruleset: Lemmings!

Seriously though, what happens when the person everyone's following gets thrown 20 feet? Or your formation's traipsing through the woods, and someone falls into a river, or runs into a tree? Do they automatically get back out and into formation? And, if not, why not just rely on manual movement/positioning?

On the topic, I WILL say that it'd be pretty cool to have a sort of "commander" toolset to set up formations, then basically issue a command to fall into a given formation, and have that formation "telegraphed" to the other people on your team (like with little ghost silhouettes in 3D space, so that you can see where people should stand). I won't say necessary, but that'd at least be useful, instead of your only option being to manually teach each and every person where they need to stand. You could just SHOW them the formation you want. *shrug*

Uhh... Party lead needs to be paying attention along with the tracker. As soon as there is OT(On track), you turn it off... Like really? 

Ignore my boxes..... That is all me except the tip guy.

Dh1YvJ1.jpg

Edited by handies

Uhh... Party lead needs to be paying attention along with the tracker. As soon as there is OT(On track), you turn it off... Like really?

So in combat, you're probably going to need to turn it off many a time? What purpose does it serve, then, that a simple "Follow" command from other MMOs doesn't?

Like really, btw. o_o

So in combat, you're probably going to need to turn it off many a time? What purpose does it serve, then, that a simple "Follow" command from other MMOs doesn't?

Like really, btw. o_o

It is no different than auto run. It is easier to pull 50 people with 5 party leads, instead of trying to have 50 people be all in the same general area while running over.

Ahhh... so it's more of a "gather the troops" thing than a "let's all move in the shape of a pheonix" thing? Cool, cool.

Ehh, I could see where that could potentially be seen as something that's too automated. You could use that in combat to just auto-retreat a bunch of people. Unless you couldn't use it in combat. But then, again, formations will probably be actually pretty useful in combat, so I'd kind of want to see it usable in combat if it's a thing. *shrug*

It could definitely be very useful.

Ahhh... so it's more of a "gather the troops" thing than a "let's all move in the shape of a pheonix" thing? Cool, cool.

Ehh, I could see where that could potentially be seen as something that's too automated. You could use that in combat to just auto-retreat a bunch of people. Unless you couldn't use it in combat. But then, again, formations will probably be actually pretty useful in combat, so I'd kind of want to see it usable in combat if it's a thing. *shrug*

It could definitely be very useful.

Yes, it is no more than a group auto pull thing. The only person actually doing anything is the group leader as is running and pulling the group with him/her. Just make it where it does not work in combat and poof.