Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm Barabbas, and I'm lost

Hey all!

I just activated my KS Amber bundle and I realize I'm about 5 years out of being "in the know".

I have no idea what to do with all these assets.  I just know that I'd like to start playing and be a useful player to some active, mature, fun-loving guild.

I'm unlikely to be a terribly awesome PvP'er, but I will be able to contribute.  My primary plan is to gather and craft and contribute that way.  Looking to maybe get a second account so I can focus gathering with one and crafting the other, but we'll see.

I was an OG Shadowbaner, primarily on Dread.  Then, I went soft and played LOTRO online for several years.  Then I went to the MOBA scene.  I've been waiting for Crowfall since KS, being brought here by the Shadowbane connection.  Figured is was time to get dug in.

Looking forward to playing with (or against) you all in the coming days!

Welcome! The second account will absolutely help (i.e. one for combat, one for crafting/gathering).

If you started to try and play yesterday, you won the lottery, in a negative sense. There was a patch that broke quite a few things. Servers went down this morning - hopefully to fix some of those!

• There's a number of guilds recruiting - Crowfall is absolutely a team game, playing solo will bewilder and frustrate. Check out Guild Recruiting sub forum
  • I've only recently returned from a ~2 year hiatus, expect performance issues, expect roving bands of thugs in the PVP enabled zones.
  • Former SB players represent!

🙂

I definitely see that most of the people who are unhappy with the game are people who thought they were going to get a solo PvE experience!

@daworf - thanks for the welcome.  I'm sad I can't log in right now, but I also remember the days of sitting around waiting for SB servers to come up :)  Will wait for the fun to begin.

Well hello, nothing soft in LoTRO, we have a group that occasionally plays it as well. Find a guild that fits your play style asap is my advice. 

edit: I used to go by the name Barabas back in the early 2000's but shortened to Barab

Edited by Barab

Hammers High !!  Master Brewer of the Dwarven Hold Mithril Warhammers

On 9/15/2020 at 8:55 AM, Barabbas said:

Hey all!

I just activated my KS Amber bundle and I realize I'm about 5 years out of being "in the know".

I have no idea what to do with all these assets.  I just know that I'd like to start playing and be a useful player to some active, mature, fun-loving guild.

I'm unlikely to be a terribly awesome PvP'er, but I will be able to contribute.  My primary plan is to gather and craft and contribute that way.  Looking to maybe get a second account so I can focus gathering with one and crafting the other, but we'll see.

I was an OG Shadowbaner, primarily on Dread.  Then, I went soft and played LOTRO online for several years.  Then I went to the MOBA scene.  I've been waiting for Crowfall since KS, being brought here by the Shadowbane connection.  Figured is was time to get dug in.

Looking forward to playing with (or against) you all in the coming days!

You actually get a free second account with your KS package. If you make a second account on the forums and gift your Collectors Edition, the new account will have access to the game and a full digital copy. Hope this helps!

30 minutes ago, Zatch said:

You actually get a free second account with your KS package. If you make a second account on the forums and gift your Collectors Edition, the new account will have access to the game and a full digital copy. Hope this helps!

You are my new best friend.  Thanks!