Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do we want ACE to work on most?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do we want ACE to work on most? (Other than Performance Obviously)

• Crafting
    • Classes (Talents, Skills/Abilities, Sub Classes, Improvments)
    • PVE ( Quests, AI, World Density, etc)
    • PvP ( Balancing Classes, Disciplines, Campaigns, Etc)
    • User Interface / Menus
    • More Content / Things to Do (World Bosses, Quests, Battlegrounds, etc)
    • Additives (PvP Ranks, Titles, Campaign Rewards, etc)
    • The World ( Different Biomes/Types of Maps )

Just honestly curious to see where most of us stand? What do we WANT ACE to work on more? I'm not adding performance, because that is an obvious answer and should be their focus regardless. But that being said, what do we want the focus to be in our opinions?

Edited by Khalanos

Kinda hard to answer between all of these. But i voted for Rewards too. I agree that this would make probably have a big impact on Guild/Alliance behaviour and if done right, be a very healthy addition.

Signatur.PNG

Just now, Feydan said:

Kinda hard to answer between all of these. But i voted for Rewards too. I agree that this would make probably have a big impact on Guild/Alliance behaviour and if done right, be a very healthy addition.

That's the problem, and we have to understand ACE has limited resources and we can't expect everything to be fixed at once.

1 minute ago, Khalanos said:

That's the problem, and we have to understand ACE has limited resources and we can't expect everything to be fixed at once.

Ofc, i don't expect them to.:)
I've been on and off this game for a while and been very active for the times i've been playing. I know it's not as easy as it may look like. Especially with all the Feedbacks from Beta Testers you can see people have a false expectation of what is possible and what's not. 
There is still a lot to do but you can see improvements every time a new Milestone has reached. Sure, there's always bug's and flaws coming along with it, but it still feels like they are trying to make progress. As long as this is the case, i'm fine with the time it takes. I for myself would just wish for more regular Dregs because farming Infected/GR for more than 3 days always feels kinda bad to me. But that's just my opinion.

Signatur.PNG

I'd love to see them do a definitive, two minutes 'mission' video. Here's who we are. Here's what we envision this game being. Here's why you should play it.

As folks here have pointed out, the current teasers trailers out there don't really spell that out. You need to read between the lines a bit, and I think its resulting in some generally displeased players who are taking that ambiguity and creating a game in their heads that doesn't match reality.

From those I'd go with Classes. The weight it has on fun/enjoyment is pretty big. It is a combat game after all. Most things can be "overlooked" if the combat is fun. And with that I mean interesting mechanics, interesting playstyles, interesting builds.

The most fun I had with CF was coming up with builds. I spent a long time simply trying to come up with a viable combination. And it isnt like the current implementation is even that good.

It isnt like people will keep logging even if everything else is working if the PvP is all about 2-3 classes.

I was torn between PvP and Classes as they're correlated with each other in many ways, but I voted for PvP. Tuning the classes and disciplines to allow for more build diversity and player choice could help with a lot of issues I see brought up by both newer and older players. Additionally, creating campaigns with new, interesting rulesets would do a lot to help with many issues. Hell, I'd love to see campaigns where a specific dmg type is halved - forcing some guilds to rethink their group compositions and either put up a lot of resources to create vessels for that specific campaign, run those affected classes and deal with the halved dmg, or push those affected to roll new common vessels on other classes.

13 minutes ago, PSIcoh said:

I was torn between PvP and Classes as they're correlated with each other in many ways, but I voted for PvP. Tuning the classes and disciplines to allow for more build diversity and player choice could help with a lot of issues I see brought up by both newer and older players. Additionally, creating campaigns with new, interesting rulesets would do a lot to help with many issues. Hell, I'd love to see campaigns where a specific dmg type is halved - forcing some guilds to rethink their group compositions and either put up a lot of resources to create vessels for that specific campaign, run those affected classes and deal with the halved dmg, or push those affected to roll new common vessels on other classes.

Yea it was hard to separate those two, but refining classes and how they work together doesn't always mean better PvP.   Focusing on improving PvP in my head is, fixing the overall FEEL of combat. I have heard people say that the combat doesn't feel as impactful as it should. Maybe tweak aiming, LoS, the way spells interact and what not. When someone hits you with a two handed axe, it should feel, look, sound heavy, not the same as attacking with a 1handed axe.

Edited by Khalanos

Most likely the top 3 voted will be areas that are individual based.

People are selfish creatures and despite a game like this trying to make us social butterflies and depend on one another, we still mostly care about ourselves.

This game has a good foundation, but individual progress/rewards/potential are limited currently due to various reasons.

I don't care about capturing a fort or killing mobs if my character looks bad, performs poorly, is like everyone else, or I get little in return.

• Classes (balance/polish)
  • PVP (balance/polish)
  • Rewards

I pick option for other "Do-able sandbox game stuff" to enhance attraction to game:

• a “PVP” New Player Intro rather than first going to less exciting “teaching” Gods Reach - 
    (Siege Perilous/Hunger Dome style) - Maybe a non-repeatable once level 30 PVP newbie battleground (and possible casual vet downtime play) to show how fun standard-full toolbar PVP combat can be while also seeing what classes offer/prep for ganks/ grouping truly provides/healing/ etc. 
    Jumps you into action as a new player and what Crowfall’s main content goal can provide. Also gives incentive to then to "grind" what current "PVE"/Gods Reach teaches+preps you up to Lvl 30 to start a campaign. 
  • 24hr defendable things - (turrets/statues/capture the flag) on boarders of keeps. Where keep owners are forced to to defend/build up/maintain things if you were keep victorious and wish to hold./ Also provides small achievable goals for small groups during late night off hour times.
    Also Zombie/PVE attack waves on long defended keeps/hunger strikes.
  • Trophy Reward “Decor Displays” for EKs - or custom decor for visiting crafter vendor locations and guild main buildings showing off trophy rewards and loot./
  • Economy “Sale Item List” Terminals - Easier finding vendor location for certain items you are shopping for.
  • Custom above head “Text Tag/Titles” – for viewing visible shop "vendor signs" showing possible vendor contents.
  • Also optional viewable player chosen "playstyle – nameplate”- role list of text tags to choose from. For benefiting faction campaigns and sense of worth earning titles or displaying what you can provide others/receive instant messages for./
  • EK PVP Risk Shopping - of venturing onto enemy EKs to purchase successfully. - Your essentially possibly enemy flagged temporarily, if owner sets certain enemies or guilds as "subject to high item decay PVP" but only for a limited time-frame -"after a successful Guild/Faction campaign game win" they just achieved.
    (an after campaign guild war in a sense.). or maybe lock out prior campaign "winners" from vendors temporarily./
  • Chat bubbles+Split-able Chat Boxes - Need more social options and customizing for "slow scroll monitoring" of zone/group/guild chat.
     Chat Bubble option for quick attention viewing, guild recruiting, faction grouping, taunting, socializing..etc. With option to turn off in fights./
Edited by ephen

a proper guild bank function would be nice, in game guild/social menus, this is a game with everything really wrapping around guilds with no support for the guilds themselves. The shared storage is not in any means a temporary guild bank fix, a true version needs to be created that is accessible in many places (temples, craftable in EKs, as part of the of bank building in forts) and be of a decent vault size, preferably around 500 for starters and guilds can get rewards to push this higher.

A campaign/dregs version of the bank that is separate from the EK/GR bank so no bypassing embargo's. Its the 100% availability that is required so coordinating a guild becomes a little less stressful in a few areas.

50 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I didn't see optimization/performance as an option. 

In the Question:  1. What do we want ACE to work on most? (Other than Performance Obviously)

I excluded it on purpose because that is the obvious choice lol.

Edited by Khalanos

Optimization and performance are definitely the highest issue on the list still for those that have been here the longest. It still feels delayed when you are fighting and we need the large group pvp to be viable.

New Player Experience

The other issue I am finding, especially with new players is they have no clue how to actually be valuable. Without a better system to allow more robust trading (or a guild), they will continue to have a difficult time seeing how they can do more than farm mobs. New players can't gather anything of value for a while. They can't craft because they don't have the training or the multiple accounts required. The best path forward for them is literally to set their passive training and come back in a month rather than beat their head against the keyboard trying to grind away at something that will be exponentially easier a month later.

Players need to feel valuable and with the state of the game. We are losing a bunch of them because they get to 30 and think, "now what". Some don't understand that 30 isn't end game, it is the start. Of course not having a robust choice of campaigns is difficult to explain. For the world to feel alive and vibrant, you have to have people out there doing things. It has to be worth it to harvest ore, to skin mobs and to risk losing everything in their bags to get it back. They just don't see the reward because it is buried behind the skill of 5 other accounts and there is no easy way for them to feel valued about their material gains. Guilds aren't always the answer as some part of the population are always loners, but we need those folks and they need to be able to contribute and benefit even if they are outcasts from society.

• We need lots of trading shops. Stop with the individual vendor locations and give me 1 point in each temple and a list (since you aren't going to have free city building and a way for us to do this ourselves). You buy a vendor, you get your shop on the list. If you want more traffic, have a better shop name or pay more per cycle to be higher on the list (gold sink). I think this is an easy way to allow more people to open shops. Artificially limiting how many can open up a shop is too much of an advantage to those that are established and prevents commerce. And please let keep owners put vendors outside their walls outside of guard aggro areas. This should be a benefit.
  • I should be able to open up a trade with anyone. Even from an RP standpoint, if I want to extort someone in the world to let them live, they should be able to trade me something. If I find a buyer for my blue ore in Dregs, I should be able to trade them even if they are in a non-allied guild.
  • A new player should be better at 1 kind of harvesting. I don't know how you do it but they should be awarded skill points during the starter quests. You would have to max this at 1 per account rather than 1 per vessel but something is needed here. They should feel like they can contribute to something.