Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Absolute Monster Compter 9 Fps

That's odd, even for Crowfall, unless you are embellishing a bit.

Performance is obviously being worked on but take a look here for some help. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x, RTX 2070 Super and 64GB ram and the game runs 'well enough' for me, even in 100+ player fights.

aeei5jG.png

6 hours ago, Yoink said:

That's odd, even for Crowfall, unless you are embellishing a bit.

Performance is obviously being worked on but take a look here for some help. I have an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x, RTX 2070 Super and 64GB ram and the game runs 'well enough' for me, even in 100+ player fights.

Nope not embellishing anything, i hit 9 fps during a 2v3 fight. And it held at around 22 fps during the fight, insanity. if you meant embellishing about what my rig is, no I use this rig for work i do game art for a living lol.  Kind of why i was so taken back when my frames tanked like that. Also my buddy linked me to the above post and i tried it, it helped a little bit, to the point of staying arround 18 frames steady in fights rather than 9 lol. Still unplayable but yea

58 minutes ago, KayNine said:

Nope not embellishing anything, i hit 9 fps during a 2v3 fight. And it held at around 22 fps during the fight, insanity. if you meant embellishing about what my rig is, no I use this rig for work i do game art for a living lol.  Kind of why i was so taken back when my frames tanked like that. Also my buddy linked me to the above post and i tried it, it helped a little bit, to the point of staying arround 18 frames steady in fights rather than 9 lol. Still unplayable but yea

you may want to disable sli and see if that makes a difference

i also have a 9900l @5ghz on water, with 32g ram and a 2080ti , running on high settings with AA enabled plus everything else and hit 70+ FPS... unless in blob fights where it drops

3 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Thats very subjective and hard to quantify. You might be just fine with 2-3FPS. 

'playable' is what i meant i guess. 20-25 FPS in the really large fights with some dips into the low 10s

aeei5jG.png

1 minute ago, Yoink said:

'playable' is what i meant i guess. 20-25 FPS in the really large fights with some dips into the low 10s

I see results on par with yours, 70+ empty, 20-30 with some players and bleh with large groups. This is with 8700 w/1080. I am thinking of upgrading to an i5-10600k, its sub 300$ price range will help offset watercooler and MB purchases.

5 hours ago, mystafyi said:

To be fair thats a top line chip for gaming. I would hazard a guess the OP's rig is a high end ryzen or other chip with slow single core speeds.

Nope, same cpu as i stated above on the original OP. Same CPU. The only different between our builds is i have 100gb more ram and 2 1080 ti's.

5 hours ago, yianni said:

you may want to disable sli and see if that makes a difference

i also have a 9900l @5ghz on water, with 32g ram and a 2080ti , running on high settings with AA enabled plus everything else and hit 70+ FPS... unless in blob fights where it drops

I also tried disabling SLI even taking the card out all together. No change.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a very similar setup but I have an 8086k and 64gb 3666mhz. I'm wondering if resolution takes a hand. I'm using 5210 x 1440. And I get 50-70fps in an empty zone. Or 9 fps in any fight. It doesn't matter if I'm on max settings or low same exact fps just one looks like a better slideshow.

• 3 months later...

Same here. I'm getting about 50-60 fps when there's nothing around. 20-30 fps when fighting 3 mobs in a rather small village(4-5 houses). I also get some kind of skipped frames while turning the camera really fast during fights, leaving me disoriented searching for that one ranger mob hiding partially behind a tree or something. I understand that optimizing is one of the last steps in game developing, but steady 60+ fps should be doable even in beta state. Furthermore, I guess, used assets like trees, stones, villages, etc. won't change much, if at all. The art style doesn't look like its eating much computing power either. Kinda like World of Warcraft, and I'm getting 150+ fps over there. My computer isn't a NASA one really.

My Specs:

Intel i7 4790k @ 4,7 GHz

16GB DDR3 Ram

Geforce RTX 3070 OC

Game is installed on a nvme Samsung 970 EVO

2 hours ago, Anuran said:

My computer isn't a NASA one really.

Its not a bad gaming rig, the chip is a wee bit old, but it was best in gaming years ago. With your clock speed you would need to upgrade beyond a i9-9900k to have significant improvement on a single core mmo software. 

No, its the game software. runs very poorly under load. 

Yup, CPU is pretty old. Almost 7 years now. But how do you explain CPU usage between 45-60%? Should be close to 100% on at least one or more cores, if its really bottlenecking, isn't it?

I've managed to take a screenshot on my 1% low fps with CPU/GPU usage. Image link: https://ibb.co/k4F4Dgr

fps.jpg

Yoinks post about some boot.config tweak helped a lot. I gained 10-20 fps more depending on different places. It's about 75 fps in cities now.

Tweak stuff:

gfx-disable-mt-rendering=0
gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1
scripting-runtime-version=latest

11 hours ago, Anuran said:

Yup, CPU is pretty old. Almost 7 years now. But how do you explain CPU usage between 45-60%? Should be close to 100% on at least one or more cores, if its really bottlenecking, isn't it?

That's because Unity is not utilising all 8 threads of your CPU, and using only 4. That's pretty typical behaviour for game engines, unless they are optimised for multi-threading (those are usually shooter games, e.g. Doom Eternal). Unity is also not able to load all (potential max) 6 cores fully, only using 2 cores for full load, ~60% load on 3-4 cores and ~30% on 5-6 cores. That should be improved as game gets more optimised.

You could try to disable CPU Hyper-Threading in BIOS so CPU only uses 4 physical cores with 4 threads and see if it gives you boost of FPS in Crowfall. It is a quick switch in BIOS and could yield pretty good results for your PC.

5 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

That's pretty typical behaviour for game engines, unless they are optimised for multi-threading (those are usually shooter games, e.g. Doom Eternal).

mmo's by their nature are mostly single core. Its always been about single core clock speed and not the amount of cores. This wont change during crowfalls life, its been this way for decades.

17 hours ago, Anuran said:

Yoinks post about some boot.config tweak helped a lot. I gained 10-20 fps more depending on different places. It's about 75 fps in cities now.

Thats right about where I would stay with my old 4790k w/1080ti. Upgrading my cpu didnt help very much in my case since the old 4790k can clock up pretty high where as the 8xxx series I have only hits the low 4's.