Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Issues on Live

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

I don't think you'll ever get much choice in where keeps go, because of how parcels work with the random generator. 

(well I guess you could choose where on the parcel keeps go)

I am thinking in the parenthetical you made. I think it's a superior setup. 

I think they should move them to the perimeter of adventure zones, make many keep-ready parcels, allow a fixed number per adventure zone (5-6) out of some 30+ possible, let us plant seeds in a parcel that blueprint the minikeep, let us finish the minikeep and then upgrade to keep.

This has several benefits: (1) spreads us out, (2) gives us different centers of gravity and identity (especially if we must bind/release somewhere within our alliance holdings), (3) spreads out the FPS drops associated with the keep parcel and with sieges, (4) allows for more generally desirable and connected centers in adventure zones, instead of large swaths of avoiding in the middle of a zone. Some other things too, but I don't want to rant.

6 minutes ago, McTan said:

I think they should move them to the perimeter of adventure zones, make many keep-ready parcels, allow a fixed number per adventure zone (5-6) out of some 30+ possible, let us plant seeds in a parcel that blueprint the minikeep, let us finish the minikeep and then upgrade to keep

Also, the "hippos" for the walls and buildings shouldn't be there until you plant the seed for the tree of life. It would make it seem more like you built the keep yourself, rather than just walked up to an existing keep that needed some repairs.

Parcels without trees of life planted shouldn't have a bunch of infrastructure sitting there.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

That's not silly at all.  If you don't know what's going on you can't plan out  your play testing by yourself, with friends or others and you can't help us to move on to things we should be working on right now.  It's great to see the community so passionate. 

Just This. 

After 20 years of gaming I have come to the conclusion all games have bugs, and any game that ends up being Patched and updated with new systems, has bugs to the point where they break. Even long after they are released.

WoW servers would flat out die after any major patch/expansion back in the day, I have not played in years... but every game I have played has had these issues, most all of us as frustrating as this can be must realize that..

All I care about is you guys keeping us as informed as possible, you saying we have no f'in idea what is going on at 8pm is far better than nothing, I can either go to sleep or do something else without worrying if I am missing out on what I would actually like to be doing..

That works for me thanks and good luck! 

16 hours ago, BehindYou said:

Are we expecting a rollback when you apply the fix?

Rumors say Infected wasn´t taken down because of missing textures. So, will there be a rollback or are you able to clean the database by hand? I´d like to know if it´s worth farming atm.

GvTm2yj.gif

12 hours ago, Jah said:

Also, the "hippos" for the walls and buildings shouldn't be there until you plant the seed for the tree of life. It would make it seem more like you built the keep yourself, rather than just walked up to an existing keep that needed some repairs.

Parcels without trees of life planted shouldn't have a bunch of infrastructure sitting there.

Yeah agreed. It'd be nice to use the specific building scroll to snap the hippo down, even if it's fairly predetermined where it snaps. It's more obvious progress. Always fun in SB to get a new building in an empty space.

Why not remove this small patch and fix it first and wait like until it's ready, so at least infected is up? last time I looked there were 25 people in the leveling zones combined

Edited by Merkin

34 minutes ago, Merkin said:

Why not remove this small patch and fix it first and wait like until it's ready, so at least infected is up? last time I looked there were 25 people in the leveling zones combined

As the day moves on and the weekend approaches I bet they are thinking about this.

It would mean a roll-back, and that should get rid of the duped Vessels and other crap that supposedly happened.

I would much rather lose 24-48 hours over a rollback (most of have not played anyways) than get a wipe  

If they fixed the ability to group as the notes said they did... that would be the issue, if you want a campaign you need to be able to group... and a rollback would squash that fix also..

Edited by seastodd

Happy Friday Crows,

Here’s an update on the status from overnight testing.  We've identified an issue with the death and resurrection system that was exposed by one of the fixes that went to LIVE yesterday.  We’re working on a potential solution that we believe will fix those issues and are moving that to internal testing now. Based on the testing results, we are hoping to get that live later today.  Although we know you are eager for us to move the Infected World back to LIVE, please be aware that we must complete the testing process in full to ensure all the issues are resolved. We're also investigating the Characters that were left in a broken state and looking at options for a possible resolution on that issue. 

Please remember, if you encounter unexpected issues or bugs, please post them to the Bug Forum so we can locate them quickly and take action to remediate.

Thanks for your support.  

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

52 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Although we know you are eager for us to move the Infected World back to LIVE

Well, at this point i got many player in my guild that wont come back until the next Campaign or 6.2
Please take your time and give us a clean LIVE next week.

I hope you learn about this week, all the QA process,  and next time you will be prepare to do a rollback.

Good Luck !

Edited by Aedius

i want another artwork overhaul.. things to think about style gear carpet

ray tracing with clouds and lighting. rock detail just little cute design in it.

love the way it is now so far tho.

1 hour ago, seastodd said:

It would mean a roll-back, and that should get rid of the duped Vessels and other crap that supposedly happened.

There were no duped vessels. The vessels that appeared in some people's inventory after death were worthless starter vessels.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 hours ago, Aedius said:

I hope you learn about this week, all the QA process,  and next time you will be prepare to do a rollback.

I think preparing for roll backs during development are a bit silly since if its really a problem they can simply wipe with a button. 

16 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I think preparing for roll backs during development are a bit silly since if its really a problem they can simply wipe with a button. 

disaster recovery is one of the hardest thing in developement