Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Issues on Live

17 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I think preparing for roll backs during development are a bit silly since if its really a problem they can simply wipe with a button. 

Nope. IMO, the devs / support staff need to use this beta time to practice how they would do things after launch and a rollback is MUCH better than an unplanned wipe after launch.

Mac

macdeath_sig.png

31 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Nope. IMO, the devs / support staff need to use this beta time to practice how they would do things after launch and a rollback is MUCH better than an unplanned wipe after launch.

Mac

Having been through an MMO with an unplanned wipe post-launch, I have to agree.  A post-launch wipe would be devastating.  

Most of the players are here to learn what to do starting the first minute after launch (and to help break things so the bugs can be found and fixed now, pre-launch).

IMO, the devs and support staff should ALSO be practicing for how they need to react to big issues so that it will be natural post-launch.

I would recommend several phases of Open beta, each with a fresh start, so when launch day comes, it's just another day at work. They, and we the player/testers, will have been through this so many times, it will seem like business as usual. 

For example, 4 weeks total in open beta that consists of 4 open betas of 1 week each. So there are 4 launches in the month leading up to the Live launch. OB1, OB2, OB3, OB4, LIVE.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a less eventual day for an MMO Live Launch? :)

This ain't my first rodeo either, been there done that, got the scars,

Mac

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

13 hours ago, sulla03 said:

Can we get an update for today?? 

No, its weekend. Lets play real life xD

Edited by Jamin
Dont take this reply too serious. It was just a mere joke........

*Content gets created by those who stand and fight!*

36 minutes ago, sulla03 said:

Can we get an update for today?? 

We're asking everyone to join us on TEST to gain critical insights regarding the effectiveness of the new fixes and enhancements to the game.

To access the TEST server you’ll need to download a separate installer at http://crowfall.com/en/client 

Please remember, if you encounter unexpected issues or bugs, please post them to the Bug Forum so we can locate them quickly and take action to remediate.

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

21 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

We're asking everyone to join us on TEST to gain critical insights regarding the effectiveness of the new fixes and enhancements to the game.

To access the TEST server you’ll need to download a separate installer at http://crowfall.com/en/client 

Please remember, if you encounter unexpected issues or bugs, please post them to the Bug Forum so we can locate them quickly and take action to remediate.

Anything specific other than death loop to look into?

Just now, BurlesqueBogBearLawncareServices said:

@ACE-TiggsStill having the mouselook issue - can only navigate using WASD and the mouse doesn't work to aim the character.  Menus work fine, however.

try reseting your keybinds back to defualt

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

you should roll 6.2 into this as well.

too many classes dont work as the 'vision' intended-- which has led to a select few classes being played, which means they are the only classes being tested.

Class imbalance is huge in pvp mostly on the healing and dps side.

Tanks--- well the only feature in the game that allows for seeming tankiness are ablative shields-- which only ONE class really gets any usefulness out of (pit fighter)

The others have useless actives like ... broke-- I mean , block.

Give knight passive defense with the shield-- maybe like a built in force mage.

If you look at daoc classes and group pvp you have alot of roles

DPS, crowd control, debuffing, buffing, buff sheering, peeling, healing etc 

Crowfall group roles need alot more depth 

Also look at Lineage 2 classes great class depth

Edited by Effia

Given that there is a major revamp coming and that chances are current skills won't be adjusted too much, I would highly recommend just putting everything on Live, let everyone play through the issues, warts and all until 6.2.

i cant express to you how much i want different style weapons and gear. like for boss drops and elites to drop different style gear with different buffs or looks even. i know this may be a after launch thing for styles and stuff. would be nice if this game had the veriety even close to world of warcraft or something like smite and LoL. God style gear or immortal what ever u can imagine and open up a showcase of the variety of gear and plz plz plz add capes. i know that was taken off at some point.

if u just build some varetiy of gear and then sell skins you can make the money to have all the variety of gear.

this game is supposed to be big. and to be big you must illustrate big.  MORE GEAR!! treat us before launch at launch and after launch plz and thank you.

21 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I have to ask, what is on the other side since dps and healing is pretty much the whole shabang.

Tanking, control, support. The fact that almost the defacto meta is to dump all your points into the top ability score which increases your damage output, shows how black and white the whole thing is. The one exception is if you are a healer and dump them into Spirit for more mana. 

Edited by frozenshadow