Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chancellor

Druid Spells

Since the Druid is primarily a mage by her looks, and not a DPS (Damage per second?), What sort of utility spells make sense?

• Plant Door a teleport spell in which the druid travels through plants that have their roots touching.
  • Entangle slows enemy movement and attack rate (to 1/2 normal) in the area of effect (AoE) and immobilizes any enemy that stops moving. No friendly fire.
  • Insect Plague cone effect Damage Over Time (DoT) spell that also obscures vision for all ranged units. Makes spell-casting impossible in the AoE.
  • Non-Combat Heal
  • Nourishment Sustains group to relieve most of Warmth-conversion costs and double Hunger resistance.
  • Battle Zeal Raises Accuracy and Dodge/Parry protections for a duration.
  • Blessed Force Raises critical strike chance and Critical damage a small amount for an AoE of allies over a duration.
  • Lucky Dog Raises critical strike chance and Critical damage a larger amount for a single allied unit over a duration.
  • Camouflage Makes the caster unnoticeable unless she moves for a long duration.
  • Plant Growth heals any plant and makes it grow as the caster directs. Useful in camouflaging outdoor structures, strengthening any wooden construct, sealing-shut hollow trees, etc.
  • Warp Wood Ruins wooden weapons, breaks open wooden doors and chests, shapes wooden items for construction (like boats, etc.)
  • Faerie Fire places a purple halo surrounding enemies within the area of effect, making them easier to target especially in the dark. Affects invisible and hidden units.
  • Charm Monster makes creatures of animal intelligence favorably disposed toward the caster and able to communicate with him in a rudimentary fashion (follows orders).
  • Summon Elemental 
  • Corrupt Health (the Green Death) Negates a single target's Health Regeneration (Makes it Zero, regardless of buffs or heal spells) for 10 minutes.
  • Summon Tornado
  • Call Lightning

Add your own ideas and ridicule the worst of mine, please.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Insect Plague sounds exactly like one of the Summoner's skills in Blade and Soul. I do think they need some small in combat healing, not out of combat. As for the buffs I like the idea of buffs but I don't know that it makes sense to have two of the same. Might be fun to have a different buff instead... or more CC. I can always take more cc. :)

Edited by leiloni

Would like some summoning options as well like -

Windy Whisper - Summon a Nature Spirit or Wisp etc.

414227bfa6710c2657f719dccc042ae9-d7kbiaq

and/or

Treant Protectors - The caster selects a group of trees that come to life and serve.

:wub:

rift_corrupted_treant_lord_by_kazzze-d3j

I would also LOVE it if we could have some Wind based spells!

SD48AHQ.jpg

Edited by vVe

Community Moderator - http://killonsight.info/

The Dark Forest beckons...

Taking as a basis the artwork, we could have some spells related to

- trees and roots : thorns, vine whips (I checked this translation on Google and find Bulbasaur so I guess that's an attack... :huh: :D )

- and maybe even flowers : pollen allergies, carnivorous flowers... :P

But I'm more interested by the animal skulls and the fireflies (maybe spirits ?).

That could be nice to have some spirits spells, which could do some

- attacks using animals spirits, in range and melee

- buffs

- illusions

Speaking of melee I would love seeing the druid have some melee based staff attacks. Maybe she has to summon the strength of animals or something to allow her to start waving that thing and smacking people but it would be so fun. :) I love the idea of a magic based druid support character that we've seen so far, but every time I see a staff I really want to see the character actually use it sometimes instead of just as a stat stick that they mysteriously need to channel their powers.

I'm seeing the Druid being something like the Enchanter in Log Horizon (awesome anime)

I hope shes has the ability to be more direct (with attacks) but something along the lines would be nice, I suppose.  :D

I hope shes has the ability to be more direct (with attacks) but something along the lines would be nice, I suppose.  :D

Pfft. Shiroe uses that vine binding spell. If a vine is cut, it deals damage to the bound enemy.

Keep in mind, the Druid does have the support tag =D

I wouldn't expect them to be roaming alone, so less need for direct attacks.

As there are only 2 Support Archetypes, maybe the Forgemaster could be a melee Support class (hammering his foes ^-^), and the Druid could be more alongside the range allies.

It's just a supposition, based on the weapons they use in the screenshots and artworks.

I hope we will be able to choose our gameplay, melee or range -- AND keep our Support Archetype Role -- through Promotion Classes and Disciplines :)

Pfft. Shiroe uses that vine binding spell. If a vine is cut, it deals damage to the bound enemy.

Keep in mind, the Druid does have the support tag =D

I wouldn't expect them to be roaming alone, so less need for direct attacks.

<_<

Yea I wouldn't mind that kind of support skill

However, I know i'm not the only one who likes to make a offensive support.  -_-

Keep in mind that "Druid" is only the base archetype. So its very likely that shes is going to have some sort of dps promotion class.

Also I don't see why she shouldn't have the ability to roam solo. With the checks and balances currently in place, my guess is that some classes will just be better at solo roaming than others, but everyone can still do so.

Basically smacks of nature witch. she's one of the two supports, er wait, what was Confessor?

I'm sure she'll have some damage, probably some DoT emphasis rather than raw blasts of fire like Confessor, very uncertain.

I wonder if the changing of the weather will affect Confessor, Frostweaver and Druid. One of these things is not like the other, two of these things are not gonna improve with cold.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

http://sbemu.com/page.php?d=3&n=Druid

no wow druids give rebirth to shadowbane.

Hedge of Thorns -"Area of Effect Snare and Piercing Damage Over Time"

"Excludes Group"

requires Grasp of Thorns Power ( 29 ) , Nature Lore Skill ( 93 )

• Granted: Level 40
  • Power Rank: 0 ( Untrained)
  • Teachers: Master Druid (40)
  • Focus Skill: Nature Lore
  • Flagged As: Spell (Cancels effects which are cancelled by Spellcasting).
  • Mana Cost: 83 to 109.4 (at power ranks 0 to 40)
  • Casting Time: 5 seconds
  • Recycle Time: 10.0 seconds
  • Generates Hate: Moderate
  • Power User Requirements: Player must not be moving when he activates this power.
  • Mode Required: Either Combat or Non-Combat Mode
  • Requires Hit Roll: Yes
  • Target and Range: Monsters or Players(120 Units) -- Spherical Area of Effect
    • Max mob targets: 7
    • Max player targets: 7
    • Area of Effect: 40 Units
    • Will not affectgroup members.
  • Removes Effect
    • Removes effect with "Flight" dispel tag.
  • Does damage over time (Every 5 seconds):
    • Duration: :30 seconds
    • Stackability: Can be stacked with any spell other than itself.
    • Health Damage:7- 17 to9- 22 points (from power rank 0 to 40) points of Health
    • Flagged as 'Piercing' damage
  • Direct Damage
    • Health Damage:7- 17 to9- 22 points (from power rank 0 to 40) points of Health
    • Flagged as 'Piercing' damage
  • Applies Effect(s):
    • Duration: :20 to1:00 seconds (at power ranks0 to 40)
    • Stackability:
      • Stack Category: Snare
      • Stack Rank: 0
      • Stack Rule: Standard (When stack categories and ranks are equal, then the most recently cast spell will only succeed if its spell power isgreater than or equal to the existing spell's power).
    • Movement Rate: -20% to -60% (from power rank 0 to 40)
    • Dispel Tags: DeBuff, Effect, Snare

Earthquake -"Area of Effect Crushing Damage (0 range)"

"Excludes Group"

requires Nature Lore Skill ( 115 )

• Granted: Level 50
  • Power Rank: 0 ( Untrained)
  • Teachers: Master Druid (40)
  • Focus Skill: Nature Lore
  • Flagged As: Spell (Cancels effects which are cancelled by Spellcasting).
  • Mana Cost: 49 to 64.6 (at power ranks 0 to 40)
  • Casting Time: 6 seconds
  • Recycle Time: 10.0 seconds
  • Generates Hate: Moderate
  • Power User Requirements: Player must not be moving when he activates this power.
  • Mode Required: Either Combat or Non-Combat Mode
  • Requires Hit Roll: Yes
  • Target and Range: Monsters or Players -- Spherical Effect Centered on Player
  • Area of Effect: 40 Units
  • Will not affectgroup members.
  • Direct Damage
    • Health Damage:35- 105 to46- 139 points (from power rank 0 to 40) points of Health
    • Flagged as 'Crushing' damage

ya it is so earthquake should also destroy castles and land and destroy damns so that you can flood cities with the rivers water, flushing your enemies out

Edited by kivek