Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The game is dead


Warsawwarrior
 Share

Recommended Posts

Look the game is alright has alot of potential. BUT ( sorry for the horrible spelling and grammar its 2 am ) the game is dead.  I started around 4 weeks ago and game seemed alright as i played it grew on me then this past week hit and ive been through some bumps in this game but nothing like this past week.  The campaign at this point has been down almost 2 weeks and then after that we started to lose servers first infected and then west. There is absolutely nothing to do there are no places to farm endgame mats, no pvp ( if u want to risk your vessels in the buggy eternal kingdoms). Over all ill give it a 6/10 lots of improvement but sad to say im done and uninstalling. Got to meet a lot of new people and hopefully they can fix it.  Wish yall luck and may your crow find its vessel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it's sure dead on Live! This is a PvP game but live has shut down the PvP zones due to some god cursed bugs.  TESTERS can find some PvP on the TEST server, but not a lot of people are going there so... The game isn't DEAD, it's on pause til the fixes have been resolved.

Mac

macdeath_sig.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should change to topic to: I am sad that the Beta Live server is currently on-hold for normal playing due to ongoing bugfixes.

And your post should be replaced to: I currently do not have the patience because instant gratification is my generation and as such I can only rate Crowfall Beta pretty low. But hey, who I am to judge anything these days... ?

Edited by Jamin

*Content gets created by those who stand and fight!*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jamin said:

You should change to topic to: I am sad that the Beta Live server is currently on-hold for normal playing due to ongoing bugfixes.

That´s not his job. ACE shouldn´t have dismissed everyone doing marketing right after KS.

Vets know that God´s Reach is only the first 2 hours for starters. New players will think: "Wait, 50 € for 2 hours of bad PvE? I got robbed." 

ACE desperately needs a marketing.

GvTm2yj.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kundrya said:

That´s not his job. ACE shouldn´t have dismissed everyone doing marketing right after KS.

Vets know that God´s Reach is only the first 2 hours for starters. New players will think: "Wait, 50 € for 2 hours of bad PvE? I got robbed." 

ACE desperately needs a marketing.

All I can say its Beta. Not sure what more to add.

*Content gets created by those who stand and fight!*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2020 at 6:58 AM, Jamin said:

You should change to topic to: I am sad that the Beta Live server is currently on-hold for normal playing due to ongoing bugfixes.

And your post should be replaced to: I currently do not have the patience because instant gratification is my generation and as such I can only rate Crowfall Beta pretty low. But hey, who I am to judge anything these days... ?

No description available.

Edited by Khalanos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PsylentScream said:

If its a beta test why is there a separate test server? Testing a test of a test? Yikes..

 

Because in any software environment you have a production server and a staging server at least, and often further internal-only staging servers.  Brand new code goes on internal testing to see if it works at all, and when that doesn't blow up and enough has accumulated to push a patch, you patch your testing server.  If things go well enough there after more testing, you schedule an update to the production server.  

Otherwise every little bugfix goes live immediately and outages like the current one are a weekly occurance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been part of many beta tests actually. I have almost never seen a company ask the beta testers to move over to other test servers because the testing needed to be done there instead. It seems more like the company is intentionally killing off any wind they had in the sails. We are all here testing a product that is beyond broken. why split the testers? why only notify the new testers that they really should be in a different test realm launched from a different launcher on the forums? why not on the launcher? This is reminding me a lot of the Rend beta. I see the same things that drove everyone away from that game repeating here. 

8

Edited by PsylentScream
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PsylentScream said:

I have been part of many beta tests actually. I have almost never seen a company ask the beta testers to move over to other test servers because the testing needed to be done there instead. It seems more like the company is intentionally killing off any wind they had in the sails. We are all here testing a product that is beyond broken. why split the testers? why only notify the new testers that they really should be in a different test realm launched from a different launcher on the forums? why not on the launcher? This is reminding me a lot of the Rend beta. I see the same things that drove everyone away from that game repeating here. 

8

Just wondering but what’s the point of your whinging?  I see no constructive feedback or nothing they aren’t prob aware of.  In fact all I see is anecdote and whinging for the sake of it. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think they need to use the launcher to relay info about the current state of the game. So all of these problems could have been helped with more people moving over to the test realm however most people don't even know it is a thing. There are currently 13 people on test and about 80 on live. Most everyone understands this is a beta test. Having tests of tests that also require and depend on player participation is not the norm. So help the player base know what to expect and where they will be making the most impact. Is that constructive enough? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PsylentScream said:

I think they need to use the launcher to relay info about the current state of the game. So all of these problems could have been helped with more people moving over to the test realm however most people don't even know it is a thing. There are currently 13 people on test and about 80 on live. Most everyone understands this is a beta test. Having tests of tests that also require and depend on player participation is not the norm. So help the player base know what to expect and where they will be making the most impact. Is that constructive enough? 

Are you asking me?  
 

Do you think it’s worth the resources for them to do that when the community has already passed that info on?  You seem to know the desired info and they didn’t have to go back and change anything; it seems their plan for community is working.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much of these issues could easily be avoided if devs integration tested their changes before pushing it to the test team or the test server.  However, it's been my experience that younger developers feel that unit testing is enough and they can't be bothered with integration testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rexfelis said:

Much of these issues could easily be avoided if devs integration tested their changes before pushing it to the test team or the test server.  However, it's been my experience that younger developers feel that unit testing is enough and they can't be bothered with integration testing.

actually they have a QA team overseas, which obviously isnt doing the best job. least doesnt seem so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Do you think it’s worth the resources for them to do that when the community has already passed that info on?  You seem to know the desired info and they didn’t have to go back and change anything; it seems their plan for community is working.  

I know this wasnt directed at me, but I say that is desperately needed. The vast majority (I have seen upwards of 90% thrown about by quite a few different dev teams) of players avoid forums, while this is mitigated by being in a beta and needing to sign up, I still contend that most people avoid game forums. Sidenote- one of the reason I pushed for devtracker since for many its the only reason they would visit the forums. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...