Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A proper Patcher

3 minutes ago, KayNine said:

Please for the love of everything, can we get a proper patcher? There is 0 reason why we should be forced to redownload the entire game every update. Some of us live in the middle of nowhere and 8 gigs takes a whole 10 hours. PLEASE give us a patcher. I don't understand how you guys don't have a patcher.

I have decent internet and I don't want to be wasting bandwidth downloading 8gb every few days either honestly. Takes me a few minutes at most, but it's eating up this "limited magical" download limit my ISP sets per month combined with everything else I download. It's 2020, and we should have intelligent patchers that diffs file differences.

3 minutes ago, sinarisinestro said:

I have decent internet and I don't want to be wasting bandwidth downloading 8gb every few days either honestly. Takes me a few minutes at most, but it's eating up this "limited magical" download limit my ISP sets per month combined with everything else I download. It's 2020, and we should have intelligent patchers that diffs file differences.

"Magical Limit" huehue, i love the fake data lol

1 minute ago, Ravenstorm said:

I also agree with this!

Living in the middle of nowhere has it's advantages, but an abundance of good internet is not one of them.

There are people with data limits, you know.

The download time is ridiculous for a few bug fixes.

Facts. Love the game, but my god, not having a patcher is pure insanity lol. Games that are in week 1 of development have proper patchers for hot fixes lol.

I'll be logging in once a month from now on because of it. If they have done a rebuild of something that requires a full redownload sure. But just for some patches, make it patch. Just burning 8gb every time I log in.

3 hours ago, Prometeu said:

I'm thinking it takes less dev time to offer full files then to make file modifiers. If that's the case then they should not spend the extra time on making smaller downloads - but rather on actual game development.

It's quite likely that the folks doing "actual game development" would NOT be the ones setting up a modular patching system.

macdeath_sig.png

The current launcher was not made by ACE, it was made by another company so if they would want to change it they would have to take engineers from actual game development and task them with making a new launcher or pay another company to make another launcher which probably would be a waste of resources.

Update

Not sure on what ya'll changed, but good on you. The most recent update it seemed to of "auto patched" almost 7 gigs of the 8 and then it had to download 1 gig for the remainder of the update. Good direction guys!