Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Give increased Passive points gain while online

MacDeath

Today, we gain passive points at the same rate online as offline. I propose double the offline rate if logged into GR, and 5 times the offline rate when active in Infected or Campaign(s).  This will encourage people to login and stay logged in for longer so we'll have more targets in RvR and place more load on the systems during Beta to help find stress related bugs.

Thanks for considering,

Mac

Mac

Sorry it's totally the opposite of an idea to have passive skill. i agree they can implement something to support ppl who are online but not on passive skill.

@MacDeath you are too fast for me 😅

Edited by royo

2 minutes ago, royo said:

Sorry it's totally the opposite of an idea to have passive skill. i agree they can implement something to support ppl who are online but not on passive skill.

@MacDeath you are too fast for me 😅

Lol, I AM pretty fast. :) I've been a forum warrior since 1997. I try to put that behind me in Crowfall though. This game needs our thoughtful consideration.

Mac

That's just unnecessary bandwidth and power consumption as everyone will keep their pc on and connected where they gain the most.

People that are online and play a lot they get better output through sheer game knowledge, muscle memory and access to better gear - they don't need actual stats on top of that.

Carrots to be engaged with the game are always a great things. Raw Stats Power just because you play more are a bad thing as that will drive most population away from the game. Most people have RL as well :)

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

21 minutes ago, Kundrya said:

I was online in BDO 24/7 for three years. Bad concept for cash in the täsch and for nature.

In BDO, you could macro a horse route and thus be seen to be active 24.7.  Crowfall doesn't support the use of macros and simply running into a corner will not be seen as active in Crowfall. I just tested that on Test server inside a fort in Dregs. The AFK timer kicked me after a few minutes.

My suggestion is to 'reward' folks for actually playing the game.

Edited by MacDeath

Mac

17 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

In BDO, you could macro a horse route and thus be seen to be active 24.7.  Crowfall doesn't support the use of macros and simply running into a corner will not be seen as active in Crowfall. I just tested that on Test server inside a fort in Dregs. The AFK timer kicked me after a few minutes.

u can make a macro that hit a key and u can just afk 24/7 in your EK or something, you can also simply move your mouse to stay logged in aswell dont even have to press anything

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 minutes ago, veeshan said:

u can make a macro that hit a key and u can just afk 24/7 in your EK or something, you can also simply move your mouse to stay logged in aswell dont even have to press anything

Macro usage is against the Crowfall Rules of Conduct (RoC) which can be seen here: https://crowfall.com/en-US/crowfall-eu/rules-of-conduct/ where it says: "you agree not to use the Service in order to:

Use , develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software programs or applications except as explicitly sanctioned by Art+Craft."

Mac

3 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Macro usage is against the Crowfall Rules of Conduct (RoC) which can be seen here: https://crowfall.com/en-US/crowfall-eu/rules-of-conduct/ where it says: "you agree not to use the Service in order to:

Use , develop, distribute, or publicly inform other members of "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software programs or applications except as explicitly sanctioned by Art+Craft."

Can spend 5 bucks to make a simple circuit that pushes my mouse back and forth by a cm every 10 minutes if i wanted. Not a software or a macro program just a mechanical hardware piston pushing in and out connected to a mouse or keyboard button.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

And you don't see that as violating the SPIRIT of the agreement?  Many years ago, in another game they had a written rule that said we couldn't wedge coins or toothpicks into the keyboard to stay connected and defeat the AFK kick timer, It didn't EXPLICTY state that I couldn't place a figurine on a key to avoid the kick timer. In your opinion, would THAT have been OK?

Mac

Mac

5 hours ago, MacDeath said:

How do they detect/enforce such things with today's hardware and limited to no need for running 3rd party software?

Instead of making more systems to game and exploit, how about making the game more entertaining and worth out time and effort? Doubling down on passive training which is already an no fun/skill feature doesn't seem like a good choice.

Stat advantages for afk training or simply being in-game are the opposite of what I want in a competitive game.

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

Can they enforce it tho? Saying it is against the rules means nothing.

Exactly. And do we want to encourage cheaters just so ACE can waste their time trying to find and stop them?

I wouldn't be against some sort passive boost while in-game, but it needs to be much more limited than what the OP has proposed. Say, double the points while logged in, but only for a max of 1 hour per day and/or 5 hours per week. Maybe you even have to pick one of the two tracks to get the extra boost.

The entire point of a passive skill system is that you don't have to be online to gain skills.

That is literally why it exists.

There are plenty of reasons to be online and play the game, Chief among them that your passive skills are useless if you don't have equipment to use them, and that all your equipment needs to be replaced when it breaks from death or use.

I really don't want systems in this game that make logging in feel like a chore I have to do. I log in when I want to play the game. I don't want to log in to keep some stupid meter ticking or fetch a daily login reward or whatever.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 9/25/2020 at 3:57 AM, MacDeath said:

Today, we gain passive points at the same rate online as offline. I propose double the offline rate if logged into GR, and 5 times the offline rate when active in Infected or Campaign(s).  This will encourage people to login and stay logged in for longer so we'll have more targets in RvR and place more load on the systems during Beta to help find stress related bugs.

Thanks for considering,

Mac

As royo said, something like this sounds like an interesting idea.  Thanks for bringing it up!

I love the idea to be honest, I understand the purpose of the passive skill tree, but as of right now, most players logic is this "Ill just log off for a week then get on and ill be progressed and I can play." Thats a problem IMO. Players need to be rewarded for grinding and playing, Maybe consider an albion online approach, where IF you do the deed IE, lets say you chop trees down, award xp to the logging tree, and have it a pretty high number, where the player can farm the high number of xp needed to level the skill OR, use passive points gained over time to level it. Just right now, the passive tree logic is pretty flawed, really giving players no reason to log in and play daily. 

What kinds of systems/things do you all think we could suggest to encourage various desired states of play?  As mentioned, passive gains for just being online will be exploited.  

On 9/25/2020 at 1:09 PM, MacDeath said:

Riding or fishing are the semi-afk options to make money. I made more silver with workers on nodes. Those workers were like a "feed and forget" passive thing, but they didn´t work when the game was closed, so my PC wasn´t turned off for three years. Pay to win. ^^