Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

will 6.2 have a wipe?

I was just wondering with all these changes going on and a lot of my friends/ clan members not playing or quitting because of not so much information is been given out of what changing and if there is going to be a wipe or not and if there will be a catch up method for new players because its not worth having people play the game if they will just be so far behind. These are question from people that have asked me before they buy the game and people that want to come back to the game.

There will be a wipe at launch, we have not heard any confirmation about what will happen with 6.2. Any time there is a major build there is a good chance for a partial or full wipe - it often can't be avoided because of the database changes.

The advantage to playtesting early, even with the wipes, is game knowledge and community. The more you know and the more organized your community is now, the bigger advantage you will have after a wipe.

tiPrpwh.png

i understand the advantage about playing in early test. but still in major changes i believe and it sonly my opinion there should be a wipe just to balance everything out and see if anything brakes from there. plus would let new players have a change to be almost in equal terms with people that's has been playing for a while. anyways the main point to my question is can we get more information along the line of when there is changes and big updates.

I think they know a wipe would definitely kill a lot of momentum. Hopefully they can figure out a way to nuke all the old disciplines and reset everyone's characters. I personally wouldn't mind a vessel wipe if that was required.

If they do have to wipe it won't effect me too much personally. I can't even count how many wipes I've been a part of since the Kickstarter. 😂

15 hours ago, kingcrazy said:

I was just wondering with all these changes going on and a lot of my friends/ clan members not playing or quitting because of not so much information is been given out of what changing and if there is going to be a wipe or not and if there will be a catch up method for new players because its not worth having people play the game if they will just be so far behind. These are question from people that have asked me before they buy the game and people that want to come back to the game.

Do they absolutely need to do a wipe?  If the answer isn’t 100% unanimous amongst the team then should they waste the resources?  There is a difference in some fringe, casual or new players wanting a wipe (they always do) and them needing to do a wipe for content reasons.  They are years behind, let’s not waste more time.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

honestly the offline tree needs work and they should have universal points rather then spec tree points. But keep the same way to upgrade to the next level of the specific tree that could stay the same or a little change and just speed up the point process then by them doing that they can charge 10 to 20 bucks for a skill reset and make money of that as well.

They should announce their plans sooner or later.  They already did a resource wipe and I dont see why they would have to wipe resources or gear.

They could always inform the community of said plans to wipe all chars and vessels. That why we can remove our gear and stock crafted items to get back into green vessels the next day atleast 

There is no need to wipe all mats gear and tree progress.  

9 hours ago, mandalore said:

should they waste the resources? 

You use more resources to avoid a wipe than to wipe.Having to make the new stuff work with old stuff or selectively delete stuff is way more complicated than just nuking everything at once.

18 hours ago, Arkade said:

If they wipe everything but skills, fine. I don't want any more skill wipes except the one at launch. They suck too much.

Agreed.......playing since 3.0 and only took one patch off and still not participating as much as I would like due to this.  At same time, when they wipe the passive tree....I hope they bring it back almost completely revamped.  It remains the last and only part of CF I have bet on with my son they would completely redo before launch and have yet to do.

SO Much potential to drive choices/sacrifices of vessel creations...... stealth trees, Scouting trees (I still pray it happens) Mounts trees, sieging ...... lots of ways to make truly unique vessels aside from gathering and crafting and too much depth to simply throw on a discipline rune.

My 2 cents.

2 hours ago, Staff said:

they should just develop the tools to reset talents and delete discs on vessels instead of wiping, something tells me theyll need them after launch too

They can already reset talents. Remember they actually did that one time.

Discs could theoretically be "soft-deleted" by just changing the existing disc to grant nothing, but updates to discs should just plain work by changing the powers and bonuses on the discs, as the core mechanism upon which crowfall characters are built is already taking a base blank character and layering a bunch of modifiers on it.

Also I believe in that stream interview JTodd said some form of respecs where part of 6.2 alongside the disc/meta changes, as well as the first implementation of an ingame wiki/info thing to get more detailed information about various things.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

We try not to do wipes as we know they are not player-friendly. At this time, we are trying not to do a full wipe until launch. There can, however, be partial wipes from time-to-time based on the level and scope of changes made to the database with any update or fix to the game. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

There needs to be a bell curve to the passive skill gain that allows newer players to catch up. We need this now.

On 9/26/2020 at 6:48 AM, kingcrazy said:

"...... and if there will be a catch up method for new players because its not worth having people play the game if they will just be so far behind."

people shouldn't worry about a wipe that's why we are in beta to make sure the new stuff they put don't break the game.  when a game changes a character development and implementing/changing more things to skill tree, then with out a wipe you are asking for the game to break again. you lose a whole lot more players when a game is not working then you wipe a game to make sure everything is aligned.

Edited by kingcrazy
we wording
On 9/26/2020 at 5:39 PM, miraluna said:

There will be a wipe at launch, we have not heard any confirmation about what will happen with 6.2. Any time there is a major build there is a good chance for a partial or full wipe - it often can't be avoided because of the database changes.

The advantage to playtesting early, even with the wipes, is game knowledge and community. The more you know and the more organized your community is now, the bigger advantage you will have after a wipe.

nm misread the post

Edited by Gwaehir
2 hours ago, kingcrazy said:

if in 6.2 there is no wipe i feel the game might break putting a huge big change with a old change is not smart

IMO, wipes, even in beta, upset players, so... I recomend NOT wiping unless there is no way to avoid it such as the database address being changed completely.  If the classes have major  talent changes, handle that with respecs.

macdeath_sig.png