Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LIVE server update: Monday, September 28

DEV-Tiggs

Hey Crows, 

We hope you had a great weekend, we've patched our LIVE server with a few fixes this morning, you can read about them here.  We received great feedback this weekend from the testing plan on TEST server. Remember there is still time to get your Crowfall Hunter Tankard

Please remember, if you encounter unexpected issues or bugs, please post them to the Bug Forum so we can locate them quickly and take action to remediate.

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

In changing how you can give permissions and how to socket vendors you just made EK's 10 times harder to get up and running. 

By tying the Attachables to the building layer only, You cannot have a large building with multiple vendors attached all run by guest (Vassal) players, 

The common way people were running market EK;s was to set up an area with buildings preset, stalls already attached and you give the pc seller a vendor slot that he can attach his own vendor to. Now they have to own a building, a stall and a vendor, then get permission to place a building, a stall, and a vendor.  You know the handy dandy, /ekincrementvassaltokencount Anap building xs 1  command. 

This also means that people now have to be around to place the buildings as they are being built, or have the parcel owner have a placeholder to swap out. 

Just more headaches. More clunky work arounds needed. Just making it harder and more time intensive overall. 

Games are supposed to be fun. 

Yeah going through the Changes a bit more. Lots of really bothersome effects.

My purchased cottages. Worthless now. Before I could lay then out how I wanted and rent/give permission to PC's to set up a stall and vendor. Now The other pc's cant. 

My manor house with all those sockets. same thing. No One can place on them but me. 

My 10-15ish Castle throne rooms. With 8 stall sockets. Yeah. Thanks ACE. 

This needs a serious rethink. God damn. 

Who do I see about refunding purchases of EK things? If this stays it just guts my plans.

Oh on a plus note. It is working just fine. Of course all the pre placed ones to the patch work as well. But if they get removed. They can't go back the way it was. 

It's not a bug it is a feature. 

Good lord what a PITA.

This system completely diminishes the value of having all the EK buildings I have. 

Edit: This also shows a lack of thought regarding what you actually want the end state of the game to be. Right now, EKs are marketed as trade hubs and areas everyone can build for community use. For you to be efficient with your server size etc., you need to allow people to use their buildings for as many purposes as possible. 

Edited by Spawl

I feel like with this patch you are basically giving the middle finger to all your backers that spent thousands and thousands of dollars to build EK markets for the general public. You are really shooting yourselves in the foot and face with this one. Reconsider! 

Here is my quick question about the recent TEST run:

I did some testing during the last weekend. I have submitted a pretty extensive bug report too on the Forum. My cooler died on the weekend while I was testing the game so I had to take my PC to an IT service to replace the cooler. I'm not sure if I spent 4 hours on TEST or not... I wonder if I still get the reward or not?

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)