Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Solo Play is Boring!

Khalanos

16 hours ago, APE said:

I'd like some sort of PVP progression or sacrifice system. We drop skulls in PVP. Let us turn them in for some sort of reward.

Still there doesn't need to be quests to motivate people to play the game. There is already a lot to do that drives PVP.

Dregs? Kill others and loot their stuff? Again, no need for gamey systems like arenas when the game is supposed to be filled with people running around trying to murder and take things from one another.

Or launch the game and have thousands playing?

Launch the game and have thousands playing? Yes please. Not the patch we have now, of course but with 6.200

macdeath_sig.png

36 minutes ago, Heero said:

simply, this might not be the game for u, its not that the game is broken, you just don't like it. And thats completely fine, if you are not the targeted audience. Most people that complaing about the game don't have even a year playing it. Give it time if you think the game style is for you, cuz I've had my fun during this years, even tho, now the game is stale.

I've played for 7 months or so now, I have fun during campaign because there is a goal to everything. I'm simply saying outside campaign there's nothing to log on and do to granted some fun unless you have a group to join or enjoy crafting, gathering, killing random mobs for loot 

Just now, Khalanos said:

I've played for 7 months or so now, I have fun during campaign because there is a goal to everything. I'm simply saying outside campaign there's nothing to log on and do to granted some fun unless you have a group to join or enjoy crafting, gathering, killing random mobs for loot 

Gods reach and Infected supose to be a place for people to chill and test between campaigns. I agree that at this point thats no much to do. But thats how a game in development is. If you enjoyed dregs, I think you will have fun as we go back to having campaigns up. Also infected and Gods reach is the way it is because some players asked for it, people asked for a safe  reaven for some reason and I bet that most of them not even play the game properly. At this point we are paying the price for that naive decision.

Im not playing atm since I've already tested everything that I wanted.  but Im making relevant content for my guild. Talking about classes/races - assassin, I agree they are bad atm, even tho is one of my favorite classes (hope it changes soon), the guinecean is pretty fun to play to be honest, its one of the most aggressive classes in game (tbh dont know what people complain about it, guineas are very easy to deal with if you know what you are doing. so I suggest you try it, if not to play it to counter play it. I've found a very nice alternative for my assassin, but I wont spoil you the fun of fiding something that you enjoy playing. Also keep in mind that this game like mobas, you have to pick the right tool for the right job, and thats where the classes/races shine the most.

As a closing thought I would suggest you to take a break if you have seen everything you wanted, chill for a bit - this game will be "fun" again sooner than you think, since we have a Q&A coming soon, I believe we will have a campaign prior or soon after it. Enjoy your free time.

I've always viewed the EK's as the "single player" portion of the game.  Lots to play with there if they get close to what they have talked about.

This game has a lot of promise. I hope the folks at ACE will be delivering more implementation of the promise soon.  In the meantime, when I am solo I do gathering to help out our guild crafters.

macdeath_sig.png

1 hour ago, MacDeath said:

Launch the game and have thousands playing? Yes please. Not the patch we have now, of course but with 6.200

I don't see how 6.2 will be the last big patch before launch. Don't know exactly what is coming, but with the amount of work needed to the game overall and 6.2 seemingly targeting a few areas, probably a while after before it is quality enough to be launched and not crash n burn.

4 hours ago, PsylentScream said:

I have fun during campaign because there is a goal to everything. I'm simply saying outside campaign there's nothing to log on and do to granted some fun unless you have a group to join or enjoy crafting, gathering, killing random mobs for loot 

So only play in Campaigns?

Campaigns will be available 24/7 at launch.

I'm confused why the things you don't seem to enjoy are fine while in a Campaign, but not outside? Beyond DF points, every task in this game helps you and or your team in some way.

There is no reason to play this game over others.

This game does nothing better then its competitors and its being stated all over the forums. 

The systems are broken and the game play loop is stale and feels dated. 

So what brought you to it?

What did you expect it to have that others didn't or didn't do well?

What could they do to make it less stale and feel updated?

I don't see how adding more PVE, quests, or structured PVP is going to change the overall game appeal. Seems more like copying X game feature that every other game has but lower quality. If someone doesn't like Crowfall, Crowfall + More Quests isn't going to change things.

Sorry I payed to test and give feed back not figure out how to fix a totally broken game.

I was suggesting, make suggestions in the suggestion forum. There are actual testing feedback forums. "Make the game better" isn't super helpful either way. Waste time on here anyway you like, I do.

---------------

I likely won't play the game at launch unless a lot improves/changes. However, I approach the game like any and realize I have to adapt to it. They aren't going to tailor make it for me. This team has limited resources and expecting them to add or change a great deal to fit a particular player's preferences isn't realistic. I like the core design but not the implementation of several features. I don't want to PVE most of the time with hopes of some PVP. As someone that wants to PVP having it be short timed sieges, random pointless world PVP, and ganking those doing PVE is rather lackluster for me. I've made many suggestions over the years, some of which actually happened. Still have hope, but IMO, if someone wants PVE, questing, structured PVP, etc then there are far better games and always more coming.

Okay,  solo play is a little lackluster. It's not really a solo play game. There could be more to do on guild downtime though.

Suggestion:

Since they already give out gear from warbands, and random loot from chests, treasure hunting seems like a no-brainer.

Make some treasure maps drop, put a passive skill behind it, and watch the fun happen. Nothing gets a shy player out in the world like the promise of some sweet booty and even if most maps lead to junk, the extremely slim possibility of something really good dropping WILL have people out treasure hunting. Make that treasure chest take like 2 minutes to open and announce it on the map and now it feeds the PVP loop. The whole dying worlds thing explains random buried treasure for the Lore aspect.

The treasure chests could even have spawning guardians that have to be defeated before the 2 minute timer starts, furthering the danger and potential reward.

Cloth armor could be required as "treasure hunting gear" making it useful beyond the first five minutes of the game.

TL/DR
There are more things they could do/be doing to make solo/ small group play more interesting.

This just shows that people want progression and looting as a driving factor into what they find fun or not. The fact that so few enjoy infected is a huge sign of that. People want to want a campaign to matter to keep them interested. They want to feel that they are making some progress and that it will matter to their long term success. 

I would recommend some time soon putting up 2 dregs campaigns at the same time and prevent vessels from unlocking once they join. 

Edited by Spawl

58 minutes ago, Spawl said:

This just shows that people want progression and looting as a driving factor into what they find fun or not. The fact that so few enjoy infected is a huge sign of that. People want to want a campaign to matter to keep them interested. They want to feel that they are making some progress and that it will matter to their long term success. 

I would recommend some time soon putting up 2 dregs campaigns at the same time and prevent vessels from unlocking once they join. 

Is anyone installing this game looking forward to Infected? From what I can tell it is a training wheels PVP world and nothing more. At launch people shouldn't need/want to be in GR/Infected as there will be campaigns running.

They have been struggling with bugs it seems and that is keeping Dregs from going live. Not that they want players to enjoy the wonders of Infected.

1 hour ago, Ravenstorm said:

Okay,  solo play is a little lackluster. It's not really a solo play game. There could be more to do on guild downtime though.

Suggestion:

Since they already give out gear from warbands, and random loot from chests, treasure hunting seems like a no-brainer.

Make some treasure maps drop, put a passive skill behind it, and watch the fun happen. Nothing gets a shy player out in the world like the promise of some sweet booty and even if most maps lead to junk, the extremely slim possibility of something really good dropping WILL have people out treasure hunting. Make that treasure chest take like 2 minutes to open and announce it on the map and now it feeds the PVP loop. The whole dying worlds thing explains random buried treasure for the Lore aspect.

The treasure chests could even have spawning guardians that have to be defeated before the 2 minute timer starts, furthering the danger and potential reward.

Cloth armor could be required as "treasure hunting gear" making it useful beyond the first five minutes of the game.

TL/DR
There are more things they could do/be doing to make solo/ small group play more interesting.

Why would someone enjoy this if they don't like hunting for elite mobs, thralls, or harvesting for rare drops? They require knowing the map and moving around quickly/efficiently, keeping track of timers, fighting mobs/players for spawns, etc.

Not a bad idea, but as I've been repeating, I don't see why adding more of the same would make someone like this game, especially for a solo player.

Adding guards, a long timer, and announcement is the opposite of solo friendly. There will always be solo and group gankers looking for such things as well.

I'm confused why a "shy" player would play this game or someone that wants to be told what to do. That is kind of the opposite of the core of this game. Social play without any clear signs pointing the way every step.

This wasn't supposed to be a game for those that need quests, dailies, structured gameplay, and their hands held.

5 hours ago, Khalanos said:

There will be EK pvp arena type things that players and guilds can run themselves for the few days we may have some characters in-between campaigns.  I have enough accounts and backer rewards to build both an EK market and an EK arena for practice and competitive fun...   some events we did in EKs in previous tests included all rangers with simple bows and arrows in a free for all... there were like 20 players and it was a blast...  In SB there were player run tournaments with guild and crafter sponsored prizes, etc.   This is a "player run" style game, we provide the content and ACE supplies the sandbox with deep rules.

Self sufficiency can be accomplished in many ways but to not craft or harvest is going to make you grind for gold/dust/embers in PvP...   you better be good and smart... who is going to hand you food/drink buffs for your daily pvp needs.   The game is designed for you to make basic food at any campfire, even while capping an outpost.   If you are begging food but not grabbing apples, carrots, meat, etc and have at least foil and skewers on you while roaming, you are just simply failing at the game...   capping and grabbing all the various buffs can win you fights.  My market will sell food, sure... at a profit unless you are running with my alliance.  You only arrived in the 7 months while I have taken my final break.   We've been at this almost 5 years... there is more to do than ever, it just isn't spoon fed to you.   Want a vessel, fastest and cheapest way is to join in a motherload mineral harvest group as a mindless rock smasher, not even the foreman, looter, or main quarryman, just a hammer swinging sweet pea...   live with your choices.

lol, sweat pea   (new slang for old west sex workers)😆

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

2 hours ago, APE said:

Why would someone enjoy this if they don't like hunting for elite mobs, thralls, or harvesting for rare drops? They require knowing the map and moving around quickly/efficiently, keeping track of timers, fighting mobs/players for spawns, etc.

Not a bad idea, but as I've been repeating, I don't see why adding more of the same would make someone like this game, especially for a solo player.

Adding guards, a long timer, and announcement is the opposite of solo friendly. There will always be solo and group gankers looking for such things as well.

I'm confused why a "shy" player would play this game or someone that wants to be told what to do. That is kind of the opposite of the core of this game. Social play without any clear signs pointing the way every step.

This wasn't supposed to be a game for those that need quests, dailies, structured gameplay, and their hands held.

The same reason there will be different campaigns with different objectives. Variety. Something for different players to enjoy.

One player that has no interest in crafting, harvesting or running pigs might be tempted by treasure hunting.

Like it or not, there needs to be multiple ways to get more shy players into the gameplay loop, or it will soon after launch be a dead game.

ALL MMO's add things as the game goes along, pretending that what Crowfall already has is enough, isn't constructive.

3 hours ago, APE said:

And yet these are the type of things ACE has been adding to the game the past 2 years. I am not sure any of us(devs included) can say what this game is supposed to be now. 

1 minute ago, mystafyi said:

And yet these are the type of things ACE has been adding to the game the past 2 years. I am not sure any of us(devs included) can say what this game is supposed to be now. 

None of the things they've added have confused me about what the game is supposed to be. Still looks like the same thing they were describing in Kickstarter. A tutorial, a tiny level grind, and some gear drops from mobs really didn't change things.

IhhQKY6.gif

23 hours ago, Khalanos said:

@APE Maybe my issue is I want Crowfall to be my constant go to game. But if it is what it is....its a part time game?

IMO there is nothing wrong with that.

I'd rather have a game that is fun when I play it than a game that is cloyingly demanding that I play it and only it every hour of every day to get anything done. Nothing bothers me more than playing a game that says "wanna get ahead? you best be prepared to devote every scrap of free time you have, log in daily for rewards, do 14 different activities on a daily cooldown, make you arean cap, dungeon cap, raid cap, all your fishing quests, etc. etc. or you're not REALLY playing it right."

I like playing PvE games. I like it when I play those games and they're thoughtfully developed around their own systems. Games that try to be all things to all people inevitably end up being games that suck at some of the things they're trying to do, and even kinda suck at their "main thing" because of all the time and effort spent developing "side things"

If its only fun to play part time, play it part time.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Quests: Brief tutorial that can be entirely skipped.

Dailies: ?

Structured play, specifically PVP: ?

What about the current version makes it confusing compared to the original vague big picture design?

To quote myself: Gather, Craft, kill Mobs for drops, capture POI, siege, run pigs, gank people doing PVE for their loot, random pointless PVP. All of which can be part of the Divine Favor Campaign point system.

I don't see anything in today's version that greatly differs from the original plan. The execution might not be exactly what was planned or some wanted, but they haven't deviated away from the core design to the point it is a different game all together.

Big tickets missing would be free building and open/guild controlled siege windows that were expected due to Shadowbane. These could still happen be it everywhere or particular campaigns. A working EK and economy loop would be great too. 😩

Edited by APE