Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mounts Or No Mounts?

I'd probably prefer to have no mounts, at least if they'd work the same way they do in most/many recent MMOs i.e. they're more or less nothing but a movement speed buff with a horse model.

If they were to include mounts I'd love to see something new and interesting. Something that makes them more than just a speed buff/eye candy.

Like maybe there could be taming mechanics so people would either have to tame their own mounts or buy them from other players. Tamer could be sort of like a mount "crafting" profession.

It should also be possible to get your mounts killed and/or stolen and if mounted combat is to be a thing I'd like to see skills related to that. Other things to take into consideration would stuff like fodder etc for the mount, having a mount should never be all pros and no cons.

I do, however, realize that mechanics such as those would probably take quite a lot of time and effort to implement and that it'd be very unlikely to see something like that make into the game. At least not at launch, maybe in a future patch or expansion we'd get to see something like this (or some other take on mount mechanics).

I have no strong feelings one way or another regarding pets, combat or otherwise. I've never been particularly for or against pets and I've never really had any interest in them so you could probably say that I'm neutral regarding them.

Edit: Wow, that post turned out a lot longer than I thought it would...

Edited by Bombastuss

Maybe go with a combination of Darkfall and Crowfalls POI system. Mounts should be craft or tameable and capable of being killed.

Make pasture lands or similar where you can either tame mounts or get the limited material (Steed grass in DF) to craft mounts. This leads to more points of interest to contest over.

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

Pretty much my only remaining question left for the game, will we plan on having mounts in the game, or not? Pets (same thing)? Along with this, when will we be seeing some of the animals that carry gems like in the concept art with the druid, centaur and guinicean?

Pets and Mounts are mainly cosmetic items that offer the ability for devs to make money without impacting gameplay. I would guess that these items are huge money makers in other game so I expect to see them here. And BTW, nothing wrong with that.

I have no idea how big the worlds will be, but if they are the typical size of an MMO mounts will be a must, can't understand why some people say no, what would you prefer? mounts or a teleport system...

I personally hate games with teleport system makes the world seem so much smaller. would much rather see people galloping around to get to the next battle or rushing to help defend a village or castle.... All i will so though is no flying mounts :D

Also having maybe mounts and pets is a no brainer really for a cash shop they always sell well and would bring in that bit of extra income.

I really do hope to see mounts in the game, it's a staple of fantasy games.  

Ignore all the trolls who say they don't want mounts, believe me it will negatively rather than positively effect the game.  Especially one which is focused on strategy.

But what I will say and what I think everyone will agree with me on, would be no flying mounts, because it takes away from the gameplay plus completely makes castles pointless.

But I feel that mounts should be killable and you should have to raise your mounts.  That way they become an important asset and resource for travel and possibly combat even.  

To be honest if they want to make a game focused around strategy and combat of player armies, Calvary is kind of a big deal, especially if you want to employ a hammer and anvil attack to defeat a player shield wall.

Edited by Synast

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Mounts will be needed! Pets also. But give us taming skill please and made like UO made. It will also bring the point to tame mounts if all of them will be different and some of them will be rare... Also no immortal mounts it means every mounts should be vulnerable.

I'm still sitting here thinking about this guy that gets this pasture. Tames a horse, breeds his horses to get the best mount, goes up against a Centuar. Kills the Centuar but loses his mount in the process. Then the Centuar revives and still moves as if mounted. Make it so bred mounts are too good and Centuars suck. Make them crappy/easy to obtain and becoming a breeder loses it's appeal.

I'm thinking maybe in order to be on the same level as a player with a great mount Centuars need some kind of equipment specific to Centuars that kind of take the place of a mount for purposes of gear loss?

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

If the world is big, I would like there to be mounts. Pets too, but only if they can be done in a way that doesn't negatively effect performance. I don't want them to bog down the game when there are lots of people on screen. Both mounts and pets are great ways to monetize the game however, by selling skins and such. 

I think it would be hilarious if centaurs could ride mounts. I don't think they should actually be able to ride mounts though, taurs should have to hoof it. It would be super amazing if bipedal players could ride centaurs, weird but amazing.

peastravaganza%20dos_zps4q178jpn.png

If they find a way to meaningfully implement mounts into the pvp setting. So far I haven't seen a game do this. In fact, I find they often detract from class idiosyncrasies that focus around mobility or travel forms, which is something I definitely don't support. But mounts would likely be commonly bought commodities from the cash shop, so there's at least an incentive to add them.

If they find a way to meaningfully implement mounts into the pvp setting. So far I haven't seen a game do this. In fact, I find they often detract from class idiosyncrasies that focus around mobility or travel forms, which is something I definitely don't support. But mounts would likely be commonly bought commodities from the cash shop, so there's at least an incentive to add them.

MO has the system which is very common to UO. By saying that you haven't seen a game which did this it means you haven't played UO.

Mounts in a PvP and Full Loot game must possible to kill and not immortal. So you will have to go outside find a spawn of horses/any other mount, tame it with a proper skill and it will be your pet which you can ride. So while you are riding it in combat others can kill it.

I think the real question here is;

Do we need a mount and, why?

No offense TS, just trying to facilitate some thoughts here. Peace.

Edited by XephRy

I'm happy either way, I've played good MMOs without mounts and good ones with them. Most people who say mounts are a must have only played MMOs with mounts.

A potential problem is mounts often become a collector item for epeen.

I'd say killable permanent mounts would be cool. We'd have a stable in our eternal kingdom to store mounts and when selecting campaigns you chose which mount to take if any.

+1 vote for mounts!
If you are getting into combat and misjudged the situation... Mounts can help you get out real quick!

Also depends on how big the worlds gonna be...

Edited by Vecodo