Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flex

Fps / Darkfall Aiming Confirmed

God I hope it's different from Darkfall. We don't need another fantasy skinned Quake.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm not a fan of what was showed off in the videos today, but I'm also not a fan of the straight FPS type combat like that in Darkfall. It's too floaty and twitchy.

As has been stated before, TERA's system is a good middle ground.

I;m gonna say it again ... GW2, drop the tab target and add reticule.  Avoids the animation locks Tera has. 

I feel like I am the only one leaning this way though :(

because noone here played that pos :D

I couldn't make it past lvl 8

because noone here played that pos :D

I couldn't make it past lvl 8

There isn't a huge difference between combat style between tera and gw2 though. 

I think you are referring to the all around PvP and WvWvW :P

I'm gonna say it again ... GW2, drop the tab target and add reticule.  Avoids the animation locks Tera has. Just feels like a good middle ground.

I feel like I am the only one leaning this way though :(

I prefer animation locking. Forces you to commit to attacks. Can be rewarding or punishing. None of this floaty, iceskating combat .

(you)

hJDP10K.jpg

"In any fight, it's the guy who's willing to die that's gonna win that inch."

TERA's animation lock is horrible. They need to avoid that as much as possible. There are a lot of ways to slow down combat without resorting to it.

you're really vocal about animation lock.

I only played Tera very briefly during their beta, so I can't quite comment on how it feels later on in the game and with a lot more skills to chose from.

But I played ~4000h of the Souls series (demon souls dark souls 1+2) and those games have animation lock, and I'm really not bothered by it.

it opened up many opportunities to punish players.

Toggle'ing out of stuff opened up a whole nother side of it then.

How do you feel about the combat system of the souls series? also ruined because of animation lock for you?

you're really vocal about animation lock.

I only played Tera very briefly during their beta, so I can't quite comment on how it feels later on in the game and with a lot more skills to chose from.

But I played ~4000h of the Souls series (demon souls dark souls 1+2) and those games have animation lock, and I'm really not bothered by it.

it opened up many opportunities to punish players.

Toggle'ing out of stuff opened up a whole nother side of it then.

How do you feel about the combat system of the souls series? also ruined because of animation lock for you?

I mean you are in a large siege and you are in animation lock and get 0'd by the enemy because you can't react to get out ... it's almost as bad as being cc'd to 0 isn't it? 

I mean you are in a large siege and you are in animation lock and get 0'd by the enemy because you can't react to get out ... it's almost as bad as being cc'd to 0 isn't it?

That's kinda taking it to the extreme don't ya think? Just because combat has animation locking, doesn't mean you'll be stuck in place for a long time. I feel you only have the worst vision of what locking can do.

(you)

hJDP10K.jpg

"In any fight, it's the guy who's willing to die that's gonna win that inch."