Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any place for casual solo players?


Talmien
 Share

Recommended Posts

Given the nature of the game, I'm just wondering if there is any thing casual solo players might be able to do in the game and feel like the have accomplished something? My question is, if I wanted to play solo, 3-4 hours a week, what might I be able to do? Or would I be causing myself to miss out on most of what Crowfall has to offer?

 

I ask not as a critique, but more just trying to get opinions if one would be able to really enjoy the game at a casual pace, or would the ever changing nature of the worlds and the pacing of other players just leave a person behind and confused as to what is happening every time they log in?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could probably get away with gathering on a small-scale but it wouldn't be at the quantity/quality of a guild-based gathering team? I've been farming mats while on the clock in infected as a way to kill time between work, but I'm not sure how viable that would be as a solo person in a campaign given the loss and risk involved.

 

It really is a team sport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Play a stealth class and gank players harvesting or alone, go gathering on your main account with combat and mining and try trade or sell ore and get crafted gear somehow, otherwise you prob want to have sadly another account just to maintain yourself with crafting. Ideally make friends who can gather and craft to fill in the gaps and sell the goods you gank.

Edited by krevra

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Talmien said:

casual solo players might be able to do in the game and feel like the have accomplished something? My question is, if I wanted to play solo, 3-4 hours a week, what might I be able to do? Or would I be causing myself to miss out on most of what Crowfall has to offer?

Do you mean entirely solo or part of a guild but doing tasks solo?

If entirely solo, what's the point? You could gank people for lulz?

As part of a guild, most content can be done solo and aid guild progress.

Playing solo and only a couple hours isn't going to bring much bang for your buck, at least not compared to most other games.

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Talmien said:

Given the nature of the game, I'm just wondering if there is any thing casual solo players might be able to do in the game and feel like the have accomplished something? My question is, if I wanted to play solo, 3-4 hours a week, what might I be able to do? Or would I be causing myself to miss out on most of what Crowfall has to offer?

 

I ask not as a critique, but more just trying to get opinions if one would be able to really enjoy the game at a casual pace, or would the ever changing nature of the worlds and the pacing of other players just leave a person behind and confused as to what is happening every time they log in?

 

Thanks!

1. No.
2. Not much.
3. Yes.

4. They could add things to do for solo/small teams in the future.
Just don't ask here in the forums for that or you will have white knights all over you exclaiming that this isn't that sort of game and if you approach it that way you are having fun wrong.

Plan on being told, "Maybe this isn't the game for you."

They might as well put that on the cover of the box art;

Crowfall, maybe this isn't the game for you. A throne war simulator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I see things differently from most people but it all just depends on what you want to do. You can't do everything, but you could easily get in and have some fun periodically.

 

If you start day 1 with passive training, you will be just as far along if you take combat and harvesting (if you focus on one). You can definitely get a vessel made for you at some of the traders but you will need to have to have something of value that you produce during your limited time. It really does depend on the market. Lets say you take a week off and come back, your passive training will still be going and you just pop on to put in points. You can keep up pretty well.

Can you have everything a player fully supported by his guild will have? Not as easily, but you can definitely do some things to have some fun. Dregs ganking can be lucrative if you find harvesters. Run pack pigs when you can can be profitable. Farm mobs to get gear/gold etc. You can do all sorts of stuff and have fun but you are missing the benefit of friends and that benefit is pretty significant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My advice would be to sit in Gods Reach and kill level1 wolves, and skin them to farm bone, then sell that bone at a high price to folks who need it to make harvesting potions.

You will be able to be casual, and zone out while watching music, and accumulate gold, so feel like you accomplished something.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Ravenstorm said:

Just don't ask here in the forums for that or you will have white knights all over you exclaiming that this isn't that sort of game and if you approach it that way you are having fun wrong.

Plan on being told, "Maybe this isn't the game for you."

They might as well put that on the cover of the box art;

Crowfall, maybe this isn't the game for you. A throne war simulator.

Calling ACE devs white knights. 😄

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Talmien said:

if I wanted to play solo, 3-4 hours a week, what might I be able to do?

Depends on what you might enjoy doing solo - harvesting, pve farming for gold/drops, crafting, merchant, solo pvp.  It's hard to be 100% self-sufficient in CF because it's designed to be a team competition in an open-world pvp setting. You would need to be willing to participate in the economy to get better gear. Eventually there will be 3-faction Campaign worlds running - that would be a good option for a casual player if you want to do group activities like sieges with a lower commitment level.

tiPrpwh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is there will be PUGs in some campaign styles, and that should be a way to stay engaged and have a crack at resources you wouldn't be able to get at, solo. 

In the end, I think solo and more "informal" play is going to be a little more important than some expect. For example, there may be times when even reasonably well-guilded individuals find they're the only ones from their circle logged in, or perhaps they find that they don't want to go zerging tonight, or whatever. If they have nothing to do... 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...