Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gordon Walton shares a look at Crowfall’s Closed Beta

Testing, Testing & More Testing!! Gordon Walton shares a look at Crowfall’s Closed Beta Testing! Read about the Closed Beta testing process here.   

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• DEV-Tiggs featured and pinned this topic

@ace-tyrant Hi Gordon, a well written article but you made no mention at all to an Open Beta. Does ACE not plan an Open Beta just prior to launch and if not, how do you plan to get a 'Live Launch' level of stress testing prior to going Live?

Also, your team at ACE can learn a lot from these mini-launch tests. I worked on a game project that had Several one week Open Beta tests leading up to Launch, the team had 'launched' the game so many times that when launch day came, it was just another day at work. :)

Mac

1 hour ago, MacDeath said:

@ace-tyrant Hi Gordon, a well written article but you made no mention at all to an Open Beta. Does ACE not plan an Open Beta just prior to launch and if not, how do you plan to get a 'Live Launch' level of stress testing prior to going Live?

We aren't planning an open Beta test.   We define open beta testing as sign up and come in immediately like a free to play game, and we're not a free to play game. Sign up and you'll get in before launch as long as we have sign ups open.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

42 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

We aren't planning an open Beta test.   We define open beta testing as sign up and come in immediately like a free to play game, and we're not a free to play game. Sign up and you'll get in before launch as long as we have sign ups open.

Thanks for the quick reply Gordon

Mac

Thank you, Gordon! That is a very well-written text which sheds the light onto the main trend of BETA testing in Crowfall, where all this is going and where you describe studios motivation for the decisions made. Although, I already had that picture in my mind, it was great to see that my assumptions were right.

I was personally very inspired by the fact that you guys intentionally took a very high risk of developing a completely different concept of an MMO. And that you declined the idea of being supported by any of the big players on the market to stay independent and free in making the decisions. That requires a lot of courage. That's why I will continue to support Crowfall and help it develop further. In Crowfall players really matter and this is awesome!

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

• DEV-Tiggs unfeatured and unpinned this topic