Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
facerip

Dregs Players Check In.

Are some of you capable of differentiating between the goal of KS which is the core module and release of the game, or should we have another Kickstarter campagin for raising Mr. Rogers from the dead so he could explain it in children's terms? He could make a video, with dolls and all, and little pictures for more clarity.

Edited by Nefastus

Are some of you capable of differentiating between the goal of KS which is the core module and release of the game, or should we have another Kickstarter campagin for raising Mr. Rogers from the dead so he could explain it in children's terms? He could make a video, with dolls and all, and little pictures for more clarity.

That was not what the discussion was about.

Change your argument to suit another discussion than the one we had. There is a word for that I am sure.

If you change it enough, I am sure you will be right and since that seems important to you, I will leave it at that.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Your argument was that everyone starts in Dregs. The answer is that Dregs are going to be first developed as part of the core module, which doesn't state Dregs will be the only and starting campaigns in the release.

You are welcome.

Your argument was that everyone starts in Dregs. The answer is that Dregs are going to be first developed as part of the core module, which doesn't state Dregs will be the only and starting campaigns in the release.

You are welcome.

I said Good day sir!

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

You are welcome.

You could always argue it here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3101-question-about-the-scope-of-the-kickstarter-campaign/?p=77717

The correct definition of arguing is as follows: when one is told no, and his response is yes.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Maybe I am wrong.  But people should keep in mind Dregs are where plentiful and rare resources will be found.  That will be the huge draw for mega-guilds and zergs which are not really about solo/small fighting.  Three phenomenon are likely to occur:

First, the value of resources will encourage big to eat small.  Think back to the American West when they would open up land grant areas.  Yes, there would be a rush of the families and small groups.  But if the lands were rich, the cattle companies and the mining companies and the railroad companies quickly moved in, each with their own hired or bribed muscle.  Pretty soon the small groups and loners were absorbed, bought out or driven away.  The ones remaining were marginal and lived off the scraps.  

Second, and you have seen this in many MMO, PVP competition gives way to greed.  Remember, the mega-guilds and zergs are there to loot the world in the most efficient way.  This is all time-limited to boot.  While quickly crushing the small guilds is doable, fighting other mega-guilds and zergs expends valuable time and effort.  At that point people start cutting non-aggression pacts, even to the point of peacefully trading back and forth access to various resources - e.g. keep or mine flipping.  While conflict will occur, the value of the resources is why almost everyone is there.  The lure of reducing conflict to maximize gain will be strong for those able to enforce their will (likely through numbers).

Finally, let's not forget the Hunger.  Once the world starts getting closer to ending, the soloers and small groups remaining will have even less room to breathe, basically having to PVE constantly just to exist.  

Wash and repeat a few times, and you will likely see each successive Dregs campaign becoming an endeavor where the "corporate" zergs, not the small groups/ soloers, call the shots.  And the zergs are definitely not there for FFA PVP.

Just my thoughts. 

Edited by cemya

Maybe I am wrong.  But people should keep in mind Dregs are where plentiful and rare resources will be found.  That will be the huge draw for mega-guilds and zergs which are not really about solo/small fighting.  Three phenomenon are likely to occur:

First, the value of resources will encourage big to eat small.  Think back to the American West when they would open up land grant areas.  Yes, there would be a rush of the families and small groups.  But if the lands were rich, the cattle companies and the mining companies and the railroad companies quickly moved in, each with their own hired or bribed muscle.  Pretty soon the small groups and loners were absorbed, bought out or driven away.  The ones remaining were marginal and lived off the scraps.  

Second, and you have seen this in many MMO, PVP competition gives way to greed.  Remember, the mega-guilds and zergs are there to loot the world before it ends in the most efficient way.  While quickly crushing the small guilds is doable, fighting other mega-guilds and zergs expends valuable time and effort.  At that point people start cutting non-aggression pacts, even to the point of peacefully trading back and forth access to various resources - e.g. keep or mine flipping.  While conflict will occur, the value of the resources is why almost everyone is there.  The lure of reducing conflict to maximize gain will be strong for those able to enforce their will (likely through numbers).

Finally, let's not forget the Hunger.  Once the world starts getting closer to ending, the soloers and small groups remaining will have even less room to breathe, basically having to PVE constantly just to exist.  

Wash and repeat a few times, and you will likely see each successive Dregs campaign becoming an endeavor where the "corporate" zergs, not the small groups/ soloers, call the shots.  And the zergs are definitely not there for FFA PVP.

Just my thoughts. 

Hmm..

There are only one winner in the dregs right?

Rest takes home 0%

If the campaign take 1 month, I don't see a big guild really getting much out of one of their members carrying home his inventory.

Hmm..

There are only one winner in the dregs right?

Rest takes home 0%

If the campaign take 1 month, I don't see a big guild really getting much out of one of their members carrying home his inventory.

So only one person gets 100 percent and the rest get zero?  I can't imagine that is how it will work.  I have to think by "one" they mean "one guild/nation."

Edited by cemya

So only one person gets 100 percent and the rest get zero?  I can't imagine that is how it will work.  I have to think by "one" they mean "one guild/nation."

Wouldnt that be for the (later) GvG or above?

Dregs are for Dregs, not for the organized