Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.2 Bombshell

Merkin

To me the Q&A announcement that vessels and skills could be wiped is an insult to the player base, I invested my free time into gathering the items needed to craft and level my vessels. It took a lot time and to have no prewaning is an insult to the value of the customers time and effort. It seems to be a reoccuring trend one issue is fixed but three more are broken as a result, as a business that is damming to their repuation and trust which takes a long time to build and second to wreck.

Yeah, you have to expect *some* kind of wipe given how much things are changing.

It would be appreciated if the devs could give some information about what will be wiped though (full? partial?), so we don't needlessly waste resources on something that won't exist post-6.2.

I think best-case scenario from a player perspective would just be disciplines wiped, talent points reset - maybe reset all existing vessels to level 1 if needed.

Edited by nihilsupernum

39 minutes ago, Merkin said:

To me the Q&A announcement that vessels and skills could be wiped is an insult to the player base, I invested my free time into gathering the items needed to craft and level my vessels. It took a lot time and to have no prewaning is an insult to the value of the customers time and effort. It seems to be a reoccuring trend one issue is fixed but three more are broken as a result, as a business that is damming to their repuation and trust which takes a long time to build and second to wreck.

IMO, no one at ACE WANTS to do a wipe, but they may have to in a change this big

macdeath_sig.png

10 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

Yeah, you have to expect *some* kind of wipe given how much things are changing.

It would be appreciated if the devs could give some information about what will be wiped though (full? partial?), so we don't needlessly waste resources on something that won't exist post-6.2.

I think best-case scenario from a player perspective would just be disciplines wiped, talent points reset - maybe reset all existing vessels to level 1 if needed.

They kinda said they dont realy know what kinda wipe it be in the Q&A at the very least they have to wipe talent points.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Given the nature of the change I would expect at the least a Inventory and vessel wipe.
They will need to remove ALL the old disc's and the simpliest way to achieve this is wiping everything but passive training.

As a side benefit this will also cleanup the exorbitant amounts of materials that forts have been pushing into the ecosystem recently.

This kind of though seems outdated, the MMO competition now is crazy especially with New World and Ashes of Creation on the way. This wipe sounds like the lazy we don't really care cop out.

Edited by Merkin

If someone is put off at the thought of a loss of items and progression during a Beta, then they should not be participating in said Beta. Surely in 2020 we have reached the point where people are mature and intelligent enough to understand the unavoidable requirements of a development process and the potential consequences when you playTEST a prerelease product. No prewarning? An insult? Are you kidding me? It's an insult to someone's time and effort alright, but it's not the OPs...

Unbelievable.

Its not released. Wipes are expected when you are still building a game. Shoot there might be even more wipes in the future until its released we are testing the game after all. This is all just practice for when it does release don't burn yourself out .

If you can't deal with wipes prior to launch, then wait until it launches. Some of us have been here for over 5 years and have gone through a lot more wipes. 

As for no warning, they always warn that wipes could be possible, but they don't always know ahead of time whether or not they will be necessary. The Q&A is your warning. It will be weeks before 6.2 goes to test, and likely more weeks before it goes live, so you have time. And it may only require wiping talents, which is nothing.

43 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

If someone is put off at the thought of a loss of items and progression during a Beta, then they should not be participating in said Beta. Surely in 2020 we have reached the point where people are mature and intelligent enough to understand the unavoidable requirements of a development process and the potential consequences when you playTEST a prerelease product. No prewarning? An insult? Are you kidding me? It's an insult to someone's time and effort alright, but it's not the OPs...

Unbelievable.

Name another CURRENT MMO that has done stuff like the Crowfall team has done

A wipe is a good thing, it gives players who haven't been here a chance to be caught up and not time gatted behind a passive skill tree. Also, a wipe is probably going to be needed for 6.2, if not alot of things are going to break.

Its part of early testing it should always be expected and devs try to avoid it as much as they can, but at certain points full or partial wipes are necessary. As much as they suck its often required because it messes with the game too much otherwise or its too much of a time investment for the company to try and do a workout when that same time can be used instead to further progress the game. 

6 minutes ago, Merkin said:

You mentioned New World, not only did they wipe multiple times, THEY CHANGED THE ENTIRE NATURE OF THE GAME. I could do this all day...

I get your frustration, but if you look at the tag under your name, it says Testers. You are helping to test this game - and until something is released, whether you have paid to play it or not, it is understood that wipes can and will happen. I can guarantee you if there is a wipe, partial or otherwise, for 6.2, it will not be the last one before release. It's just the reality of such things.

1 minute ago, Anthrage said:

You mentioned New World, not only did they wipe multiple times, THEY CHANGED THE ENTIRE NATURE OF THE GAME. I could do this all day...

I get your frustration, but if you look at the tag under your name, it says Testers. You are helping to test this game - and until something is released, whether you have paid to play it or not, it is understood that wipes can and will happen. I can guarantee you if there is a wipe, partial or otherwise, for 6.2, it will not be the last one before release. It's just the reality of such things.

New World was out for 10 days was it, as a preview...

23 minutes ago, Merkin said:

Name one CURRENT MMO that was crowdfunded, been in development for 5 years, has had 24/7 testing for a good chunk of it, has made it known wipes will happen BUT had zero wipes. AAA MMOs have had issues that resulted in resets of minutes, hours, days after they launched.

They only wipe if they have to due to technical reasons and or major game changes. Going from Archetypes to Race/Classes. Redoing the Passive Training system. Adding levels/talents. Major changes to Discipline Rune system. Major changes to inventory/items.

You've been warned, a wipe of some sort is coming. You can continue to play as normal or make adjustments.

Talents will 100% be wiped. Disciplines will 100% be wiped. There will be a full wipe for launch. 6.2 is incoming, but sounds like we have at least a few weeks before it is even on Test, let a lone on Live. Beyond that we don't know.

Don't like how development works, wait till the game is finished. You should not be offended or caught off guard by something that is a well known possibility that has happened multiple times.

Edited by APE

21 minutes ago, Merkin said:

New World was out for 10 days was it, as a preview...

Uh, no. Many of us played it in previous tests - over 2 years ago - again, you are confusing your perspective for how things actually are. In any case, if you do not see the point here, this is a waste of time. My suggestion to you, if you are not comfortable with wipes etc, is to stop playtest and wait until release.