Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.2 Bombshell


Merkin
 Share

Recommended Posts

The rose tinted glasses condescending comments are entertaining, I know a lot of people feel the same way I do numbers don't lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Merkin said:

The rose tinted glasses condescending comments are entertaining, I know a lot of people feel the same way I do numbers don't lie.

Do you honestly believe they would wipe if they had no other reasonable option? Why would they intentionally make people feel the way you apparently feel?

Some changes 100% require a wipe, be it specific systems or the entire game.

Ex: They are completely redoing Disciplines, should people complain Disc they've farmed will be useless or be happy the Disc System is getting a much needed overhaul?

Other changes might not technically need a wipe, but would require a significant amount of dev work to prevent a wipe that would likely be better spent on actually finishing the game so no more wipes are needed.

Spend X dev hours preventing a wipe so you feel better even though everything will be wiped at launch vs Spend X dev hours finishing the game?

I'm going with the second option.

Until they actually wipe, being upset about something that "could" happen seems pointless and for those of us that have dealt with numerous wipes and restarts, you having to deal with it once? is a bit silly.

I don't doubt many dislike wipes, plenty of long time backers have said they are waiting for launch or at least close to it to play. Playing knowing there are wipes then being offended when one might happen seems odd.

Edited by APE

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Merkin said:

To me the Q&A announcement that vessels and skills could be wiped is an insult to the player base, I invested my free time into gathering the items needed to craft and level my vessels. It took a lot time and to have no prewaning is an insult to the value of the customers time and effort. It seems to be a reoccuring trend one issue is fixed but three more are broken as a result, as a business that is damming to their repuation and trust which takes a long time to build and second to wreck.

I don't know when you started playing, but there was a FULL WIPE a few months ago, and 2 MONTHS only after the FULL WIPE, we had another FULL WIPE! we farmed a lot in those two months and saved many items to suffer WIPE! part, game in development!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Merkin said:

New World was out for 10 days was it, as a preview...

 

Actually some of us were testing a long long time ago my friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes when you make massive overhauls in development of a game the old stuff doesn't have a clear corollary.

We have wiped before, and we know we will wipe again at least once at release.

If you are concerned with retaining your progress you probably shouldn't play the game before release, as all of your progress until then is null and void anyway.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wipes are a necessary evil.  Yeah, you lose what you have done in the past, but gain a new upgraded character creation and disc design. 

Best suggestion for you was mentioned above.  If a wipe makes you upset or feeling disrespected then wait till this concept of a game becomes a game.  Stop testing now!  If you were to make a vase and realize that there is a hole in the bottom due to your mold, are you going to spend 10 hours trying to repair the vase?  Or spend 10hrs fixing the design/mold and maybe even add a handle or hole near top to water without pulling out the flowers.

So wait for the final design that has the fixes and will not need to be wiped.  Hope to see ya at launch.  Thanks for playing, have a good day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, APE said:

Do you honestly believe they would wipe if they had no other reasonable option? Why would they intentionally make people feel the way you apparently feel?

Some changes 100% require a wipe, be it specific systems or the entire game.

Ex: They are completely redoing Disciplines, should people complain Disc they've farmed will be useless or be happy the Disc System is getting a much needed overhaul?

Other changes might not technically need a wipe, but would require a significant amount of dev work to prevent a wipe that would likely be better spent on actually finishing the game so no more wipes are needed.

Spend X dev hours preventing a wipe so you feel better even though everything will be wiped at launch vs Spend X dev hours finishing the game?

I'm going with the second option.

Until they actually wipe, being upset about something that "could" happen seems pointless and for those of us that have dealt with numerous wipes and restarts, you having to deal with it once? is a bit silly.

I don't doubt many dislike wipes, plenty of long time backers have said they are waiting for launch or at least close to it to play. Playing knowing there are wipes then being offended when one might happen seems odd.

Just to play devil's advocate, is it not worth development time to practice how to perform a change of this nature without a wipe during pre-launch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ShuaiGe said:

Just to play devil's advocate, is it not worth development time to practice how to perform a change of this nature without a wipe during pre-launch?

They don't need to practice on our experience when they have an internal version. If it doesn't work there, not going to go different for us.

Every layer should be independent but if they can't do that now, is what it is.

In the future if they had to wipe our characters they could offer free equal quality vessels or whatever in return.

Always a way to make it as painless as possible.

Worrying about people being upset their beta character might get wiped shouldn't be a top priority.

Discs have been wiped on their own. Don't believe vessel talents have. That is the concern I see. Don't see why items or passive training would need to be touched.

 

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, APE said:

They don't need to practice on our experience when they have an internal version. If it doesn't work there, not going to go different for us.

Every layer should be independent but if they can't do that now, is what it is.

In the future if they had to wipe our characters they could offer free equal quality vessels or whatever in return.

Always a way to make it as painless as possible.

Worrying about people being upset their beta character might get wiped shouldn't be a top priority.

Discs have been wiped on their own. Don't believe vessel talents have. That is the concern I see. Don't see why items or passive training would need to be touched.

 

They have in fact wiped talents without wiping vessels once. The first time they reworked the talent tree.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ain't none of it real. 

We have at least 1 more wipe. Total Wipe. Start over. For launch. 

I expect at least a partial wipe for 6.2 but I expect a total there too. Too much crap has accumulated through drop tables that were bugged, We are at the cusp to the interesting part of the crafting, but it is wildly off with the gathering track. (Months and years to go for gathering) but getting near the last 10 or so nodes in a crafting line. 

Still a snotpile of work to be done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...