Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.100 LIVE Feedback for 10/8/20

6.100 LIVE Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to LIVE Bug Reports

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

General feedback from my experience playing level 1-20: It's weird how the minimap shows you an objective marker for where you accepted your quest, not where your quest destination is. This is no

pressing leave feedback kicked me from game after first character creation space bar or enter to skip text combat seems to stutter when fighting?  switched to lower graphics should

There is no system that will kick you out to let someone else in.

General feedback from my experience playing level 1-20:

It's weird how the minimap shows you an objective marker for where you accepted your quest, not where your quest destination is. This is no use.

In the character creation screen, please provide some information about what the races and classes are. I had absolutely no idea what racial abilities any of the races had, or even if there were any. I also had no information at all about the classes, except what stats and weapons they use. Information about their playstyle, their specializations and their roles would be very useful.

The map itself is sorely lacking in useful detail. The environment doesn't match, obstacles get in the way, the 3d aspect without the ability to rotate the view means that it's hard to see what anything is pointing at. The cities don't reflect what they look like. You can't pan/zoom the map while the character is set to autorun, which feels terrible.

There wasn't much explanation on what stats my crafted gear would have. I made a sword using limestone and another using marble and they had the same appearance/stats. Does crafting skill impact item quality? Do they scale with character level? Are there even crafting skill levels, or does everything scale with character level; does it scale with character level? Do I unlock new recipes by crafting lots of the same item? How can I see how much experience a craft is worth before I crafted it?

An auto-sort for the inventory would be welcome.

Moving items around the inventory is awkward; if I have an item that takes 2 spaces vertically, I can't shift it down 1 space, because the game thinks the item is in its own way. When an item is lifted up by the cursor, it shouldn't also occupy the space it came from. This just feels unintuitive.

Looting enemies is horrible. There needs to be a 'Loot All' button along with an Area-loot option.

Similar to the above, selling items is horrible. I shouldn't have to click on each item individually and also click Confirm on a different part of the screen.

The interface controls are very strange. When I press Escape, all interface menus close. When I next open any interface menu, the game will remember what I previously closed and re-open all of them. If I close the crafting, talent, skill and inventory windows with Escape, then open the Talent window, the crafting, skill and inventory windows will also open as well. Why?

Is there a difference between Leather and Cloth armour? They seem to be the same thing but fall under different names.

The character stats could use some tweaking to be more helpful to players. The base window gives too little information, and the Details window gives too much. When choosing between two weapons, I had to decide between Weapon damage one, and attack power on the other, and there was no clear way of seeing which would do more damage.

The Major Discipline system could come online sooner. You get given a quest to buy one right at the end of the tutorial, and then the quests are finished. At this point, I didn't have 5 spare talent points to open one, so I didn't even get to try them out. Perhaps give players a Major slot and their choice of discipline much earlier, so they can learn about the system before the tutorial is over, and begin thinking about different ways to customize their play.

The Talents interface looks very strange and controls horribly. The rest of the interface elements feel well-themed, but the talents feels like opening a web browser page. It's very disconnected, and the click-and-drag scrolling feels unpleasant. There is a lot of wasted space on this window too, since the tree branches horizontally. Perhaps narrow the window and extend it vertically down instead, similar to the original WoW trees; it'll take less screenspace, have less wasted space, and enable mouse wheel scrolling to navigate instead of needing a click-drag system.

When harvesting, the popup reticles for critical hits are a cool feature, but it feels bad when one appears right as you run out of stamina, and then fails before stamina can regenerate. Maybe make it so that aiming at the critical zone doesn't consume stamina, which will feel rewarding at those times.

Some nodes seem to require 2 players(?) to harvest, so it's possible to hit them and accomplish no progress while still breaking the weapon. This may be a feature but it feels like a bug; consider having some kind of visual or audio feedback for the player when attempting something they can't do.

I played an Elken, and the knockback aspect of the Charge skill sometimes hit enemies up mountains and into unpathable terrain, where they continued using ranged abilities. It also feels bad that you have to charge for the full duration, even when used in melee. It feels very strange to charge at something, make contact in the first 0.2 seconds, and then continue running on the spot, rubbing up against something for another second before they take the impact.

After completing the God's Reach quests, I joined a campaign and picked a team, without having any useful information about any (number of players in each, current territory, etc).  I then appeared in a shrine with absolutely no directions as to what I'm doing. I ran around for a little while without seeing any other players, found some NPCs at an altar and got chain-cc'd for over a minute while getting chased across the landscape, before dying.  It would be nice if there were some introductory guide, or objectives list, or markers on the map to show where their allies are and/or places where the player can do something, to give players even a vague sense of where they should be headed.

Just subjective, but the combat feels like it needs more audio-visual feedback for when attacks land, etc. The player's attack animations are very spammy and it seems like I'm permanently in one attack animation or another, so I never get a chance to see an animation when I get hit by something, etc. Enemies seem to throw attacks at me regardless of what way they're facing, such as firing arrows 180degrees through themselves back into me. It also seems like the block/parry skills are supposed to be in play when the enemy begins the attack animation, instead of when the attack actually connects, which feels very unintuitive and awkward. It controlled well, and will be fun to play when the lag issues are sorted, but for a game with a very fast and spammy approach to skills, clear feedback is very important for feeling involved in the combat.

That's all I can think of for now. Cheers for the chance to playtest. Good luck with launch!

Edited by Nineteenth

RE: Archdruid, I think the sounds that come before the Blight explosion goes off are too quiet - there's a lot of visual and auditory noise in the bigger fights and it's important that people are able to notice when something big like that is coming in on them. As it is right now the sounds of AoE healing going off all around you more than drowns out the Blight sound until the damage has already been done.

:^)

On 10/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, Nineteenth said:

, I joined a campaign and picked a team, without having any useful information about any (number of players in each, current territory, etc).

You can press Map on the campaign before joining and this will allow you to see the scoreboard by clicking on leaderboard on the bottom right. 

I realized today that one of the things I find disappointing is about armor:

There's no distinction between armor types - leather armor is simply worse than mail, which is worse than plate.  There's no tradeoff. Leather doesn't grant you faster dodge regen or movement speed or something, plate doesn't slow you down.  Crafted armor stats are simply a matter of pick the type and use materials for the resists/stats you want, the actual type has no impact on the end result. 

Weapons have major discs for specials and such, at least, but armor can only get bonuses for matching.  Maybe discgeddon will bring with it something for armor equivalent to those weapon discs? 🤞

8 minutes ago, jadewarden said:

There's no distinction between armor types - leather armor is simply worse than mail, which is worse than plate.  There's no tradeoff. Leather doesn't grant you faster dodge

You do get more damage/healing mod on the lighter pieces.

The access to armor is meant to be more class / spec specific so the other tradeoffs aren't as visible. For instance most DPS classes are limited to leather due the fact they get a high amount of stats/dmg as part of their kit so to balance they only have access to leather.

IMO the differences in armor is not great enough. "Tanky" classes just aren't tanky enough. The tanks people play are because of their healing effects(pit fighter / vengeance myrm) not because they take a lot less damage,

New player.  Levelled Cleric/Crusader to 30.  Druid/Stormcaller to 30.  Stopped on Myrmidon/Titan around level 20.

The UI is very dated and feels like a WoW-circa 2000 clone.  Suggestion:  allow for skins and UI customization.

The map is useless.  The 3D map is clunky and lacks information.   Rather swap to a 2D map that allows you to find NPC's and mark locations.

Looting is a pain in the ass.  Just "loot all" and provide a filter to allow you to remember items (and types of items) that you don't want to loot.

Inventory grid is so old school.   Rather switch all inventories to the bank-like interface where you can scroll and search through your inventory instead of having to juggle stuff around on the little grid.    Quality of life improvements get you a longer-lasting player base.   If you're in a city, why not automatically let you craft using ingredients in your bank.  There's so much time wasting going on.

The resource gathering system is painful.  Holding down the mouse key for days on end.  Just make it a simple single button press (that you can keybind).  Automatically swap out resource gathering tools with whatever tool is in inventory with the most durability.   You trying to give people carpal tunnel?

AI and pathing are terrible.  So many things warping or getting caught on terrain, turning invulnerable and leaving.  Some charged cast spells (the Gaia-bear Druid thing for example) are awful at aiming.  I tried various different ways of getting this to hit properly and most of the time it just missed.  BTW, what's the point of the charged cast?

So many references to things that don't seem to be in the game anymore.  References to different skill trays (maybe I didn't pick the right class combo to make sense of this).

Ability hover-overs need to make more sense than the assortment of icons.  Have a more complete text description of skills.

The passive skill tree seems like a poor system (do these apply to all of your characters equally?  why can't you customize by character?).  It's not super obvious that it was even there.   Is this just to reward and require people to have "played the game" for a certain length of time?  The vessel system seems like a long-term cooperative grind that forces a certain long term playstyle.

The talent trees seem so linear and unimpressive.  I've seen the new 6.2 changes and honestly, I don't see it as that much different.  There will probably always be a preferred/better build.  I don't see the changes providing any real variety, just best and sub-optimal builds.  I don't think that further restrictions on which disciplines you can select is actually adding variety.

I had heard a youtuber on channel suggest sub-classes and I think this would have been a better idea.  Should just let people pick any combination of race/class/weapons/disciplines would be more interesting.

I didn't PVP, this round seemed so guild focused.  I ran around the Dregs server, no one bothered to engage me, I was just puzzled by how much wasted map space was in the game.

It seems pretty unpolished.  The overall graphic performance was sub-par.

I agree that quest markers should show where you are going vs where you received the quest. I think some of the controls are clunky.  You cant use your mouse to click on things, unless its highlighted to do so, and swapping weapons is in 2 sides of the keyboard, why not just make it the same key? I think you should be able to use either the mouse or the keyboard for things. I will get into control settings on my next session and see if it is something that can be user set. But for a new person, they don't usually want to jump in and spend a lot of time going thru settings in order to make the game more comfortable to play. Tool tips could be a bit more useful, ie, ranged weapons, it is hard to judge it, since the distance doesn't exactly match up, maybe set the distance meter to red until you are in range. I just started crafting today, took a bit of learning, but so far it doesn't appear to be super complicated for starting out. And i just hit level 9 and it is sending me to a 13-18 area for quests, might want to wait till a person is higher for that, maybe have a few quests available to help get them out of a level range. 

Overall though, so far i have been exploring and trying to figure things out. I really feel though that controls for things are super clunky though. Thats my first main impression.

-In the crafting menu, pressing the down arrow when quantity is at 1 should put the quantity to the max and vice versa.  Or other means to enable quicker traversing of the UI.

-Adding a hotkey to purchase items without a confirmation would be nice too.  Like control + click or something.  Same for selling.

-Be nice to simply press Enter when at the character screen that is selected and already apart of a world to enter.  Currently, you have to use the mouse and the game likes to log you out fairly quickly due to the food bar.  Getting back in with a keyboard press is a better experience.

-During the new character quests there isn't a quest tracker so you eventually find out you can talk to the NPC again to see what you need to do next.  You can only use the Y or N keys (or i assume the default key binding) to exit this screen (or the mouse with a click).  Escape and character movement should probably let you exit this screen too.

-The default tray swapping key binds seems to be fine on the assassin, but the druid probably is not intuitive for a new player.  You have to use a different key to switch back to your original tray and one that is far away from the left side of the keyboard  I imagine i could find this issue on some other classes if I dug around.

-Using the walk forward key doesn't end auto run.  I'd expect W and the LMB + RMB combo to end auto run.

-In the game options (while in game on a character), sometimes the interface bugs out.  This is the F12 menu.  I'd be out in the field after killing a mob or something and press escape, click the cog wheel, see the interface and the options i'm familiar with, then click the keybinding tab to change something and the whole menu is empty.  Then none of the tabs function.  I think I'd close the menu and jump around a bit and try again and could get it working again.  The restore defaults portion works though when the menu is empty and does exactly that without a confirmation window.

going to be a bit lengthily, but i'll try to space things out. Also want to mention that i do LOVE the visuals, the cartoony graphics are very charming.

Just took my first character to level 30, just pve experience. Elken Hunter, built his melee spec. 

1. optimization ofcourse, things are delayed, i played with my good PC to up the FPS, didnt help much.

2. Crafting (specifically food and etc), should have option "craft all", to the full amount of ingredients i dropped into the slot.

- certain things you cant craft in multitude. like meat tartare, if i want to craft 10, i need to drop each meat separately and repeat the process 10 times. this is devastating.

3. elken charge racial should stop upon collision with first enemy

4. the caravan ability, i have no idea still what it supposed to do. i did tame pigs, when i press the ability nothing happens.

- tamed pigs dont follow me to the NPC to drop off quest, or lose trail way too easily.

5. PVE leveling world lacks mobs, lacks them badly. meanwhile i want you to add more mobs, i dont want you to lower the XP gain from them. game has to be fun, running around       looking for mobs or grinding a level for 5 hours is too boring.

6. the Skill gems (additional specs you buy and slot for extra abilities), these gems need to tell information upfront about their abilities. For example banshees wall of ghosts, it             doesnt say that it's a channeled ability in tool tip, i wasted 1k gold for gem thinking it's a nice insta cast ability for the build, but it was "hold to channel". 

- a lot of tool tips provide improper information. For example banshee gem's passive, says that it places debuff on the enemy which will reduce "my attack damage", mean while i     believe, it reduces the enemy's damage, otherwise it makes no sense. There are few others i saw and probably even more which i didnt look into yet. Tool tip has to say exactly         what ability does, without confusing the player.

7. I personally don't like the functionality of FOOD in this game. It's only irritating. Irritating to farm food, cook it and click it every now and than just to keep food meter up. Just a       waste of time/time killer/filler for no reason. This has to go. If any thing, just make food fill it's role like In ESO or Albion. where it gives you a hour long buff based on your need. 

Lastly, people say that game is very similar to albion. Which i did play my self and left. There is one big mistake Albion did which you should NOT. The ingame currency should not be obtainable through donations/purchases. Meaning, there should be no ingame currency trading of any kind, so 3rd party doesnt comes in and start selling it. Also, you should not sell ingame currency for premium currency. Like not sell silver for USD.

one more thing to mention. Please, when tuning the economy, dont make it like Albion, where player always plays with negative return on in game currency. Make it so players who dont want to grind for professions, could just enjoy game and that silver that comes in, is just enough for few new sets of gear to lose for the day. I mention this, because i hate how in Albion, you lose more silver than you make, and only way to counter this, is to grind for 10 hours a day, or spend real money to buy ingame silver, to buy new sets just to have fun in pvp. like you do their famouse ZvZ, you loose 2 million silver for the day, make if you're lucky only 500k silver, so you finish the day with negative 1.5 mil and the following day, instead of having fun and pvping again, you have to spend 4-8 hours farming (depending on how advanced your account is), or drop 10$ for gold, to buy silver and go pvp. Which makes that game literally have 10$ a day subscription, for any one who doesnt want to grind for 8 hours every other day. This is absurd. this is worse than pay to play.

The Confessor Meteor Purge rarely seems to go where I aim it - would prefer to just have a 2 step attack (click, place ground target) than the current "Will go somewhere kind of in the general area" behavior that currently exists.

Guilds in your alliance can ninja loot your forts without any record of anything. This is horrible game design, we expect betrayal but not being able to find out who's doing it ruins the game. All chests (fort/faction/noble/personal) in this game need to have logs where you can see who looted what.

1. game needs on-screen quest tracker. sure after you level 15 times you remember them all, but still would be good to have.

2. racial information should be provided when you pick your race in creation tab.

3. the talent, crafting and other tabs should auto-close when you close your inventory tab or start running. extremely irritating to open skill tab just to see all tabs open again and         getting in the way.

4. self buffs should be instant cast. got my templar to lvl 20, his self buffs taking too long to cast, wasting time for no reason.

5. there needs to be a way to respec your characters. sure it's not too hard to relevel, but still. Also, hope some thing is being done about metas, because it would be shameful if meta-gaming would ruin the game. 

I think it's not the right place for that but i dont know where post it .

When someone make a application on our guild we cannot send him a message when we accept or decline his apply.

@Tiggs any info about a improvement for guild management in-game or on website?

15 hours ago, Bzra said:

Guilds in your alliance can ninja loot your forts without any record of anything. This is horrible game design, we expect betrayal but not being able to find out who's doing it ruins the game. All chests (fort/faction/noble/personal) in this game need to have logs where you can see who looted what.

Free intel kills political upsets, theft, and every other thing that's supposed to make alliances a risk.

If you want to catch a thief, work to catch the thief. If you want to wield absolute power, work to maintain your hegemony. You don't get to assume all of the benefits of subbing or subbing to a bunch of randos you can't control without also assuming the risks.

This is not a game design problem. This is a political problem you created for yourself by expecting control without implementing oversight.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

28 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Free intel kills political upsets, theft, and every other thing that's supposed to make alliances a risk.

If you want to catch a thief, work to catch the thief. If you want to wield absolute power, work to maintain your hegemony. You don't get to assume all of the benefits of subbing or subbing to a bunch of randos you can't control without also assuming the risks.

This is not a game design problem. This is a political problem you created for yourself by expecting control without implementing oversight.

really sometimes you need to connect to the reality...

On 10/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, DoomYa said:

Wanna know what´s inside Schrödinger´s Box?

Hide contents

A DoomYa, alive and dead at the same time! 🙂

yiWQcy2.jpeg

Huh. Classic.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

40 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

It feels like the game has become a big version of Among Us with the alliances. So much drama....

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)