Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High Mass, Warmth And The Hunger

ren

From another post regarding Centaur:

Centaurs current biggest negative is the warmth requirements.  Not sure where they are going to get all that food in winter, the ganq squad quickly becomes the lame squad if your team has too feed that many of them.

I'm thinking the Champion, as a high mass Archetype similar to the Centaur, will possibly be in a similar position in regards to Warmth.

Thoughts?  Is that something that might cause you reconsider playing the Archetype?

rSHxVEY.gif

Well, looks like we'll have to make winter provisions :)

[joke on]

If there is less food in winter, because wildlife has been corrupted by Hunger, maybe we could eat other playable species.

Is it really cannibalism if a Human eats a Guinecean, or an Elken eats a piece of Centaur he has stalked ? :lol:

IN VEINS AND GAINS THE CHAMPION REIGNS

Real talk though, I think high mass archetypes are going to be rather potent on the battlefield and thus require greater "upkeep" or the equivilent of an exp penelty seen by an Ogre Shadowknight back in EQ etc

Edited by flex

b7xcsz.jpg

btw... I got this from today's stream chat.

You get warmth by absorbing the life forcing of things you've killed.

take that as you want, that's all I could find out in that department :)

just thought it kinda fits in the thread

So big characters would thrive when on a killing spree, but eventually be forced to retire in dragged out skirmishes?  I like the sound of that.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Maybe there will be a Discipline for power archetypes which will help them dial down upkeep but lose some of the diversity options other archetypes have, I'd be cool with this.

Dragon Archetype, must eat players constantly but is super uber powerful Rawr!...

>.> nothing to see here.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

lesser archetypes like the Guinnea Pigs bringing and feeding you carts full hams and chicken in your EK,

Armies have to be fed and supplied.  Without that backbone, the whole campaign falls.

Personally, I would likely enjoy playing a support-style archetype like that.  Someone whose role is primarily keeping the war machine rolling.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Is this all speculation so far, because as a D&D/EQ fan back in the day of before-yonder the strong your character, the more penalties you'd have to endure. If this were the case you could be a larger target for ranged attacks, have more severe penalties at character creation (they costs more, like dead eye -20 vs -10) and you'd be easily flanked and at a disadvantage in skirmishes. The upside however is that you are a power house and the armies shock troop. Youd go in soften the walls of a castle, or break a fortified defensive line. This is how i dream of combat. 

• 8 months later...

So big characters would thrive when on a killing spree, but eventually be forced to retire in dragged out skirmishes?  I like the sound of that.

Hopefully it's more about unleashing them at the right time. Like a cave tr0ll or the big ugly giant thing from the 300.

If they end up requiring more food to sustain come winter it could be a real drag those last few days/weeks of a campaign.