Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Brief Look at the Confessor - Talent Tree

Today, we are sharing a first look at the Confessor class and how it evolves in the new system.  In context, in the Livestream, we touched on the fact that in the current system character specialization is based on the choice of Race, Class, Promotion Class, and Discipline Choices. With the new system, we are adding another layer, Domains. Domains expand the depth of choices within your Promotion Class, offering greater diversity with more options that allow players to build more layered and uniquely distinct and powerful characters. 

Condemnation_002.gif

Watch the October Livestream here

A Brief Look at the Ranger - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Confessor - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Assassin - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Knight - Talent Tree

Streamfall Podcast Reveal - Knight

A Brief Look at the Duelist - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Champion - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Myrmidon - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Cleric - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Frostweaver - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Druid - Talent Tree

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Thanks for the teaser; Healer Fessor out of left field though, I like it...

If I may be so bold, with the addition of that healer subdivision I do think the names of the promotions could be arranged to fit better. Sanctifier, implying some sort of holy cleansing/purification with fire, would fit the Healer subclass much better now; Fanatic would well-describe someone who wants to dive in and deliver some up-close and personal justice, and Inquisitor (in part by default) matches the "vanilla" playstyle of the holy fire mage we've known the Fessor for all this time.

P.S. Grr Winterblades.

eecdd84bdc5daead4b795a3e075d2347.png

@ACE-TiggsWhen I asked in the last thread for a news article on confessor (or champion) I did not expect it so quickly, and I didn't expect something so wildly different and honestly extremely interesting.

This tree inspires a lot more confidence in varied builds due to the described playstyle of the inquisitor, and how Sanctifier already toed the line of dealing a lot of damage vs survivability and utility. I think Fanatic is going to be straight forward in terms of TALENTS, but that is fine as the other two classes already have a lot of potential.

This is awesome - thank you for the article. We're all furiously theorycrafting in our discords.

With that said. What the hell else have you done to our classes?? Does Myrmidon heal now by hitting their friends?? Does Templar throw their swords or something? What other crazy poorly made dergs do you have up your sleeve?

Edited by galvia
  • ACE-Tiggs featured and pinned this topic

Quick question, maybe for @thomasblair - does Blackmantle work the same way as it does on 6.100?

Meteor Purge

• Target AoE, when charged more than 33%, adds Burning, 66% apply Blackmantle, 99% Knockdown.

Usually blackmantle is a value, not a status like it is listed here. How much healing is Meteor Purge going to block?

33 minutes ago, galvia said:

Quick question, maybe for @thomasblair - does Blackmantle work the same way as it does on 6.100?

Usually blackmantle is a value, not a status like it is listed here. How much healing is Meteor Purge going to block?

I think you read the power wrong. Meteor Purge is a charged power. Charge it 33%, add Dot. Charge 66%. add Black Mantle, charge 99% Knockdown

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

56 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

Thanks for the teaser; Healer Fessor out of left field though, I like it...

If I may be so bold, with the addition of that healer subdivision I do think the names of the promotions could be arranged to fit better. Sanctifier, implying some sort of holy cleansing/purification with fire, would fit the Healer subclass much better now; Fanatic would well-describe someone who wants to dive in and deliver some up-close and personal justice, and Inquisitor (in part by default) matches the "vanilla" playstyle of the holy fire mage we've known the Fessor for all this time.

looks to me there removing CC builds or greatly reducing CC classes (Maybe there planning something with CC) and they dont want to many CC classes either that or all CC classes will be changed to different roles

Veeshan Midst of UXA

30 minutes ago, DravoiX said:

if its the old one 500 blackmantle block 500 healing

The issue with Blackmantle is always making sure it's enough to justify the time to apply it plus the uncertainty of it being useful.

If in the time it takes to put out 500 blackmantle, you could have done 500 (or more) damage, it's not good. 500 damage is like 500 blackmantle, but way better because it's instant and guaranteed to help you in the fight rather than potentially be useless vs an opponent that doesn't heal.

I don't know, but I'd guess BM would have to do like .. at least twice as much as a damage skill in the same time window in order to get past this uncertainty.

38 minutes ago, DravoiX said:

if its the old one 500 blackmantle block 500 healing

Would love to see blackmantle skills block 50% of the dmg they cause or 200% of the dmg they cause but they do less dmg. so it scales with gear otherwise it great early on and terrible late game

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

@Tiggs, we didnt get the Domains pics on Rangers. And we got only the Brig's shown during Q&A. Can we get those now?

One of them is confirmed Music to Archers (we got the symbol in this article) and that one is prolly the suppost domain. Eh, Archer not my thing so whatever.

And Warden seem to have gotten the Frost, Dark and Nature? A weird combination...

Edited by BarriaKarl
1 hour ago, galvia said:

@ACE-Tiggs
With that said. What the hell else have you done to our classes?? Does Myrmidon heal now by hitting their friends?? Does Templar throw their swords or something? What other crazy poorly made dergs do you have up your sleeve?

Please let the arbiter toggle their lmb to be healing hammers. Bam to the back of the head, you're fine, get back out there!

Edited by McTan
  • ACE-Tiggs unfeatured and unpinned this topic