Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Needs Your Support - Join the Battle in Dregs Next Week

Crows, we are reaching out to enlist your support to help improve performance - next week!

We are joining forces with our partners at Unity (our Crowfall game engine) to stress test the game, recording the information so we can better target upcoming performance fixes. Your help is critical to our success with this process.

We need your support beginning Tuesday of next week - by logging in, and joining with your friends or guildmates, you can help us maximize player population in Dregs siege events. Pushing the limits with real players, ensures we can get the best data possible.Your help in stress testing the game is critical to this testing process - ensuring large battles support high populations.

Join the Battle: Tuesday October 13 / 8 AM CT - Friday October 16 / 11:59 PM CT

Check the Siege Schedule here: Crowfall.com/Campaigns

Monday we’ll identify the specific sieges we’ll be measuring!

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

• ACE-Tiggs featured and pinned this topic
3 hours ago, miraluna said:

Is this on LIVE or TEST?

I'm pretty sure that if she doesn't specifically use the words, 'TEST SERVER', and she didn't... it means on Live.

Plus, if you follow the link she listed (https://crowfall.com/en-US/Campaigns😞 (clearly some of that info is broken, it can't begin on the 8th and end on the 7th but it does say LIVE SERVER loud and clear/

@ace-tyrant @ACE-Tiggs Please fix dates.

LIVE SERVER

Dregs Campaign: Aliepo Campaign (NA/EU)

• STARTS: October 8 at 5PM CDT (NA)/ 7PM CEST (EU)

• ENDS: October 7 at 11PM CDT (NA)/ 6AM CEST (EU)

• Imports: 15

• Exports: 50

• To enter this Campaign you must be Level 20

See you on the battle field  

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

@Tiggs

I know you say "beginning tuesday" but due to the lack of general interest in the current CW as we wait for next patch it may be easier to just give specific days and try to funnel to a specific keep. If tuesday is one of the big days you want us to push the limits, perhaps one of the guilds will volunteer to be a "siege stress test zone". @Ruq@blazzen

unknown.png?width=1037&height=183

@Tiggs I appreciate your work but, IMHO, the incertain future forces players to not be involved. We don't know if we'll be totally or partially wiped, if you could explain what will be remain after patch 6.2(materials, vessels,...) people could focus in something specific(caravans, gathering, keeps...)

I play all days in both campaigns but there are no people. My guildmates and me spent all time walking around the map and it is really boring.

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

@Tiggs

I know you say "beginning tuesday" but due to the lack of general interest in the current CW as we wait for next patch it may be easier to just give specific days and try to funnel to a specific keep. If tuesday is one of the big days you want us to push the limits, perhaps one of the guilds will volunteer to be a "siege stress test zone". @Ruq@blazzen

unknown.png?width=1037&height=183

But, we don't know which guilds will be holding those keeps come Tuesday.

macdeath_sig.png

If you told us a particular date and time to go siege a particular keep, that would be your best bet of getting the numbers you want.  Enough of us can hop in to participate in testing an event, but a 4 day spread over work/school days is a pretty wide hallway, if the goal is for us to bump into each other.  I would clearly identify a time/date/place during this proposed test window, to guarantee hitting a particular player count.  Also, remove the level restriction during that siege window.

For example, the last day of testing, at 6pm, pick a keep, remove the level restriction, and broadcast to all servers that the hunger has taken over a keep.  Instruct all players to go to that keep, and take it back.  Let the forums know this event is taking place ahead of time for planning.  Or something along these lines.

Edited by goqua
33 minutes ago, goqua said:

If you told us a particular date and time to go siege a particular keep, that would be your best bet of getting the numbers you want.  Enough of us can hop in to participate in testing an event, but a 4 day spread over work/school days is a pretty wide hallway, if the goal is for us to bump into each other.  I would clearly identify a time/date/place during this proposed test window, to guarantee hitting a particular window.  Also, remove the level restriction during that siege window.

For example, the last day of testing, at 6pm, pick a keep, remove the level restriction, and broadcast to all servers that the hunger has taken over a keep.  Instruct all players to go to that keep, and take it back.  Let the forums know this event is taking place ahead of time for planning.  Or something along these lines.

That's the plan. They will tell us on Monday where they want us to be on Tuesday.

macdeath_sig.png

"Monday we’ll identify the specific sieges we’ll be measuring!"

This doesn't indicate to me that they will be telling people to go to a place at a time, just that they will decide which they will measure.  My point was that they need to be clear in informing us where we need to be, and when.  After taking the responses into consideration, it seems that the post implies they will do exactly what I suggested.  I think I was interpreting things a bit too literally.

2 hours ago, goqua said:

If you told us a particular date and time to go siege a particular keep, that would be your best bet of getting the numbers you want. 

We will announce full details on Monday for the LIVE server. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Is there some tool ACE uses for benchmarking large fights, and if so can we have it?  My system always grinds to a halt, and there are only rumors about how to improve optimization.  It's not like I can just walk into a big fight whenever and start messing with performance options to see what works for my system.  Either that, or maybe a performance log option where I can just run a utility, dump a log, and send it to you, and you can tell me where the bottlenecks are.

I'd like to be able to do what I can from the client side, so that drastic measures like reducing the update rate of hp bars aren't taken to fix this globally.

Edited by Atraeus
  • ACE-Tiggs unfeatured and unpinned this topic