Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Brief Look at the Cleric - Talent Tree

ACE-Tiggs

10 minutes ago, mandalore said:

As players we will always take the best “build” and mathematically speaking there will always be one.  They absolutely could add a few more choices but most of them still won’t be taken, just whatever the best is.  All talents in all the game are just illusions of Choice. 

And that is fixable.

I really, really hope they start showing us the data on what people are taking.

So 85% of people are skipping this particular node? Why? What does the community think would make that node more useful?

That is the problem to me of people bashing stat bundles. Changing those values is trivial. It isnt like changing how a passive work, or redesigning a power. It is a 5 min fix to be honest.

I propose we have make an official thread every fortnight or so, where we see the data, everyone propose ideas to bump up any underperforming node/class and we see if things got better next campaign.

Will there always be a better route, yes. But that doesnt mean all other routes can be trash.

34 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

And that is fixable.

I really, really hope they start showing us the data on what people are taking.

So 85% of people are skipping this particular node? Why? What does the community think would make that node more useful?

That is the problem to me of people bashing stat bundles. Changing those values is trivial. It isnt like changing how a passive work, or redesigning a power. It is a 5 min fix to be honest.

I propose we have make an official thread every fortnight or so, where we see the data, everyone propose ideas to bump up any underperforming node/class and we see if things got better next campaign.

Will there always be a better route, yes. But that doesnt mean all other routes can be trash.

If the talents aren’t easily changed then they can’t exactly go back and change them and expect all of the Crusader cleric vessels to be rerolled Bc they fixed a single node.  Do we need better choices?  Sure.  At the end of the day it doesn’t matter though as we will all and up funneled into the “best” build.  I’m starting to think In CF your class build isn’t how you build differently; it’s the race, minors and majors that make your character different.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, Van_Zant said:

Incoming Hoistin' Holy Hammer major disc to fill the gap.  Grants access to the throwing hammers and a magical echo passive where your third LMB has a 50% chance for your God to answer the call with a hammer of their own on your target for 200 + 100% weapon damage. 

Second passive is an Aura of Holiness that shines around you at all times, occasionally blinding targets who strike you within 15m.

INC holy avenger and arbiter discs is what im seeing

1 hour ago, dreaden said:

While I like that crusader can't mindlessly spam ranged LMB while healing anymore, I am about concerned about how we are going to build ults.

We still get noble purpose right?  Mana shouldn’t be an issue.  

As for ults, if I’m healing I should be able to built my ult up by healing but the game doesn’t work like that.  Anybody know if that’s over sight or intentional? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

38 minutes ago, mandalore said:

We still get noble purpose right?  Mana shouldn’t be an issue.  

As for ults, if I’m healing I should be able to built my ult up by healing but the game doesn’t work like that.  Anybody know if that’s over sight or intentional? 

Game has always had ults charge by basic attacks or being hit.

Druid main source of healing is an actual basic as far as game recognizes which is why they have a much easier time charging their ult.

Crusader currently can't charge ult proactively while doing its main purpose unlike almost every other class.

IMO ults should just be on CD, 5 min, 4 min, 3 min cd depending on 1000/500/350 SP.

Get rid of the need to pre-charge ults

10 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Druid main source of healing is an actual basic as far as game recognizes which is why they have a much easier time charging their ult.

Crusader currently can't charge ult proactively while doing its main purpose unlike almost every other class.

IMO ults should just be on CD, 5 min, 4 min, 3 min cd depending on 1000/500/350 SP.

The ult mechanic is one of those sounds cool on paper but in effect is bad win more mechanic. I like the idea of making them have charges and a cool down to regen charge, but that also leaves significant downtime and unwanted player behavior. 

So basically the cleric ultimate has been nerfed to poorly made dergs because now we have to be in melee range and our heals don't charge it for crap, except on the radical. Other classes are going to get an ultimate every minute or less but cleric will sit there not charge it up unless we come in pre-charged from mobs.

Edited by Spawl

1 hour ago, Ussiah said:

Which raises my question.  Is cleric soul power intended to only be built by doing damage (as a melee range healer now) or is this something that needs to be addressed?  

@thomasblair

@Tiggs can you raise this for us?  It seems like something we all agree is either left our or needs to be addressed 

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Which raises my question.  Is cleric soul power intended to only be built by doing damage (as a melee range healer now) or is this something that needs to be addressed?  

@Tiggs can you raise this for us?  It seems like something we all agree is either left our or needs to be addressed 

The Cleric Ultimate can now be charged by healing others.

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

4 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

The Cleric Ultimate can now be charged by healing others.

@Ussiah@Spawl I got you fam, just gotta know who to ask.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, BarriaKarl said:

Cleric exclusive or can we expect the same from all healers?

There are no other healers...heretic. 

wiDfyPp.png

13 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Cleric exclusive or can we expect the same from all healers?

It's the same for all healers.   

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

3 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

It's the same for all healers.   

Eh

wiDfyPp.png

22 hours ago, LlFE said:

I think you guys let this bake in the oven too long before collecting player feedback.

Well the beauty of 6.2 is we will finally be able to rip into classes without the excuse "wait til the discipine and ability pass" being thrown at us constantly. They're about to get much more critical feedback, which will move the classes to a good launch spot or not; but for sure be a major deciding factor in if people are going to stick to the game upon launch.

The cool thing about a sandbox is that you can use the sand to build something new every day. Talents, discs and passive training turn this into a concrete box in Crowfall. ☹️

For the visual people:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4V9qHDA.jpeg

Edited by Kundrya

GvTm2yj.gif

• ACE-Tiggs unpinned and unfeatured this topic