• Assassin - Vandal
  • Champion - Barbarian
  • Champion - Pitfighter
  • Cleric - Arbiter
  • Myrmidon - Conqueror
  • Templar - Vindicator
Edited by nihilsupernum
14 minutes ago, ilogos said:

Do we have an idea of what this means? I can't find much information on what the domains actually do. Is it a separate skill line?

in your talent tree at the end, you get to pick one of three domains, a different variety for each promotion.

"Choosing a Domain grants you access to certain disciplines*.  Some disciplines appear in multiple Domains while some are unique to a Domain."

*your 2 major, 3 minor discipline slots that add additional powers or passives.

as well as some other domain related elements they have yet to talk about yet.

you also get some discipline access from your race and base class selection.

Edited by Tinnis

IMO, we pick a class & Promotion first based on how we like to play, and then pick a race that works well with that and THEN pick a Domain. Here's an example. I enjoy being in the thick of battle and dual wielding axes so I wish to be a Myrmidon Titan which leads me to pick Half-Giant and offers me 3 choices of Domains: Death, Fire, or War. I will pick the domain that allows be to get the discs I want for my playstyle.

Of course, with my account name, you can tell I am likely to lean towards Death. :)

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

Oh OK, although I find that a little strange? It feels like instead of adding more customization it is limiting the choices we can make - i.e. limiting which disciplines we can choose? Unless their plan is to add more Disciplines? Unless the goal was to instead encourage specialization, then it does make a little sense.

Edited by ilogos
1 hour ago, ilogos said:

Oh OK, although I find that a little strange? It feels like instead of adding more customization it is limiting the choices we can make - i.e. limiting which disciplines we can choose? Unless their plan is to add more Disciplines? Unless the goal was to instead encourage specialization, then it does make a little sense.

6.2 has a HUGE increase in the number of Disciplines, from 32 to 110 for Majors!

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

28 minutes ago, ilogos said:

potentially. (OCT dev Q&A stream)

Todd wants 'hard choices' to play more of a role.

they have however diluted disciplines numbers out - e.g. majors adding 2 powers or passives and some more stats (rather than say current 3-4)  & added some new presumably.

before: 32 major combat discs.

now: 110 majors 

now: 90 minors

Edited by Tinnis

So now that all the class domains have been revealed, what can we guess about the contents of those domains? Of course, the discs are all getting shaken up, but the skills and passives probably remain in some form.

Battle: Probably very in-your-face sword-swingy damage disciplines like Burning Adrenaline.

Dark: This is a tough one to call. What do Rangers, Archdruid, Vanguard, and Frostguard have in common? Maybe ranged control / debuff disciplines eg. Banshee?

Death: From the name and classes, I'm going to guess DPS disciplines like Executioner, Knife Grinder.

Fire: Pretty self explanatory. Probably fiery dps disciplines like Mortal Sin

Frost: Nearly exclusive to frostweaver. The others that have access are Stormcaller, Arbiter and Warden. Probably defensive elemental discs. Force Mage maybe?

Justice: Probably blocking/defensive/shield discs with some dps option too. Eg. Armour of Faith, Holy Avenger

Light: Almost certainly healing + support disciplines. Eg. Field Surgeon

Music: Bard, Troubadour

Nature: 2 Druids, 2 Rangers and .. a Knight?? have access to this. Naiad/Dryad abilities + maybe thorns passives

Plague: Exclusive to Assassin (and Brigand, but that's basically Ranger-Assassin) - probably poison and DoT discs like Poisoner.

Protection: It's in the name. Defensive disciplines. Resistances, maybe Juggernaut.

Shadow: Only stealth promotions. Probably Black Mask, Agent Provocateur, etc.

Storm: Elemental DPS discs.

War: I'm not sure about this one. It's sufficiently vague and the promotions that have it are pretty varied, but lean toward the beefier side. Maybe stuff like Blade Master or Shield Breaker. Maybe it shares discs with Battle.

Wind: The description suggests mobility, but not many of the current discs do that. Escape Artist skills are probably here.

Edited by nihilsupernum
1 hour ago, nihilsupernum said:

So now that all the class domains have been revealed, what can we guess about the contents of those domains? Of course, the discs are all getting shaken up, but the skills and passives probably remain in some form.

I think it could be neat if every domain unlock ITSELF had some form of stat bonus / passive that makes discs in that category better.

IE-Nature grants 100 support power which would help Naiad heals.

Protection- Grants 250 health and 1% resist all. 

etc etc

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

19 minutes ago, Ranik said:

I think it could be neat if every domain unlock ITSELF had some form of stat bonus / passive that makes discs in that category better.

IE-Nature grants 100 support power which would help Naiad heals.

Protection- Grants 250 health and 1% resist all. 

etc etc

I think it was mentioned in some article or stream that the discs themselves would also come with passive stats. I could be wrong on that but can't be bothered to go try and find where I heard it.

2 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

I think it was mentioned in some article or stream that the discs themselves would also come with passive stats. I could be wrong on that but can't be bothered to go try and find where I heard it.

They do and those stats now increase with rarity.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, ilogos said:

I've been thinking about it a bit more, and I was kind of apprehensive at first because it does seem like a great reduction in choice. And really it is, going from about 30 odd discs from the total original pool, to only whatever exists in each domain. Doing some quick maths, 15 domains with 110 discs total, leaves you with 7 discs per domain. So maybe 14 discs total to choose from, assuming 1 from race selection, 1 from class promo.

That all said, I think it could lead to greater variety, with the potential for difficult choices if there are solid choices in each domain. Instead of around 30 discs, (minus a handful due to existing class restrictions) you may only have that 14 odd (maybe less) viable discs currently anyway. Sure, you might be able to slap Friar on Champion right now, but would you?
The way I see it, now instead of the devs adding a new disc and saying either, only these classes can use it (in the case of something like Agent Provocateur), or this class can't use it (due to restrictions on weapon or whatever, like Adjudicator), ACE have set themselves up to add a variety of themed discs, with the only restriction being (as far as we know now) which domain you have access to.

Planning becomes more important in figuring out which discs you want, if they overlap domains, sacrifices you might need to make if you take one domain over another, and what other choices might be available as a substitute if you take one domain over another. I'm hoping for more interesting options overall, instead of just taking discs that are a near must for the role (such as Field Surgeon) or taking discs simply because there aren't many better options (in the case of the old weapon discs).

231e101d88.jpg