Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Brief Look at the Templar - Talent Tree

ACE-Tiggs

Today, we are sharing a first look at the Templar and how it evolves in the new system.  In context, in the Livestream, we touched on the fact that in the current system character specialization is based on the choice of Race, Class, Promotion Class, and Discipline Choices. With the new system, we are adding another layer, Domains. Domains expand the depth of choices within your Promotion Class, offering greater diversity with more options that allow players to build more layered and uniquely distinct and powerful characters. 

TemprDorienDevotion_GIF.gif

Watch the October Livestream here

A Brief Look at the Ranger - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Confessor - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Assassin - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Knight - Talent Tree

Streamfall Podcast Reveal - Knight

A Brief Look at the Duelist - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Champion - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Myrmidon - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Cleric - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Frostweaver - Talent Tree

A Brief Look at the Druid - Talent Tree

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

My body is willing... 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

This isn't a Domain :P (Edit: it's at the bottom of the page)

It was fixed, you haven't hit refresh yet.  

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

So, is there something that I am missing about the Vindicator?
It seems like its a fire based class with its promotion talents, yet it doesnt have a fire domain.

Its very possible I'm blind and/or stupid. Anyone able to explain to me why they get wind instead of fire?

2 minutes ago, CptTryhard said:

It seems like its a fire based class with its promotion talents, yet it doesnt have a fire domain.

Its very possible I'm blind and/or stupid. Anyone able to explain to me why they get wind instead of fire?

How else are you going to feed the fire?

3 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

Good stuff for templar at a glance.

-

with regards the general forum, how long are you planning on having way too many sticky threads though now this is done.

-

recap of the

Promotion & role domain table

Figure there's only need to keep this one now right? considering all of the others are also linked within this one.

I feel they might still have issues with staying in the fight with lack of mobility maybe censor fixed and works properly or maybe they get access to major or minor thas has some mobility on which will help, even a minor with sprint effiency could work aswell. kinda hoping wind domain offers a mobility option or 2 for vindicators so they can keep dpsing the other 2 promotion dont need it as much as the DPS templar.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, CptTryhard said:

im hoping wind domain will offer a mobility disc or something because vidicators will have problems sticking to somone so if it give them access to like sprint effiency or slightly faster sprint it would go a long way for them.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I'm left disappointed because not much changed for one of the classes that needed the most changes. There was so much effort placed into buffing right click when there are many other additions the class could have benefitted from. I can only hope some of the base kit problems are adjusted and just not mentioned here. Divine Light damage needs to be streamlined to tick like other dots (or be severely punishing), smoother pip generation (it shouldn't take 15 globals to get 5 pips unless you have a melee newb beating on your parry), and Judgement should feel more impactful as the single target spender outside of execute range. Builder/spender classes are only fun when the spenders make you feel strong. 

Since all classes are now revealed I hope we can get the final pieces to this picture soon. 

Edited by AceSiN

5 minutes ago, AceSiN said:

I'm left disappointed because not much changed for one of the classes that needed the most changes. There was so much effort placed into buffing right click when there are many other additions the class could have benefitted from. I can only hope some of the base kit problems are adjusted and just not mentioned here. Divine Light damage needs to be streamlined to tick like other dots (or be severely punishing), smoother pip generation (it shouldn't take 15 globals to get 5 pips unless you have a melee newb beating on your parry), and Judgement should feel more impactful as the single target spender outside of execute range. Builder/spender classes are only fun when the spenders make you feel strong. 

Since all classes are now revealed I hope we can get the final pieces to this picture soon. 

Are we looking at the same reveal?

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

15 minutes ago, AceSiN said:

the values on some of the passives might make up for it like dmg bonus when u heal somone might make paladin/CC class rather good. only issue i have if they still lack mobility across the board they dont need much but they need something but u might get that with discapline potentially so might be fine

Veeshan Midst of UXA

16 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Are we looking at the same reveal?

are you going to argue that Templar could have used right click buffs over other additions? The one it really needed (pips on range damage) isn't there.

Edited by AceSiN

6 minutes ago, veeshan said:

the values on some of the passives might make up for it like dmg bonus when u heal somone might make paladin/CC class rather good. only issue i have if they still lack mobility across the board they dont need much but they need something but u might get that with discapline potentially so might be fine

I agree, discs could save it but I'd prefer if the first pass on classes would let them stand strong on their own without crutching on sources that other classes can also access. Major problem is still how smooth is pimp generation and this idea that in a PvP game you will stand in my circle and blindly spam into my block in order for me to be effective. 

8 minutes ago, AceSiN said:

are you going to argue that Templar could have used right click buffs over other additions? The one it really needed (pips on range damage) isn't there.

They aren’t supposed to be mobile.  You want mobile play a knight.  Templars are a hold this area, this is mine, come and get it character.  

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

They aren’t supposed to be mobile.  You want mobile play a knight.  Templars are a hold this area, this is mine, come and get it character.  

not realy asking for super mobile can just be sprint efficacy or slightly faster sprint speed. just so they can stick a little better to people.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I've never argued for mobility. If a class is going to go with the "wheelchair" design it needs to make sense. My damage should be really high and my CC should be among the best. By the time I get in contact with my target they should be afraid. Templar is a class I love to see out in the world because any class can just bully them. Their only niche is hiding behind the zerg to do something.. anything noteworthy. 

Edited by AceSiN

• ACE-Tiggs unfeatured and unpinned this topic