Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JOIN THE ACE Q&A LIVESTREAM OCT 22 @ 1 PM CDT/ 8 PM CEST

Crows are you ready for a first look at the new Domains coming in the next update? Join us Thursday at 1 PM CDT / 8 PM CEST on Twitch.tv/CrowfallGame

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• DEV-Tiggs changed the title to JOIN THE ACE Q&A LIVESTREAM OCT 22 @ 1 PM CDT/ 8 PM CEST
2 minutes ago, Nikko said:

Please clarify, Thursday is the 22nd.

JOIN THE ACE Q&A LIVESTREAM OCT 22 @ 1 PM CDT/ 8 PM CEST

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• some more information/clarification on what will get wiped for 6.2 - so far i assume vessels will need to get wiped, but i guess people also think items will get wiped?
  • when will TEST be up again will be asked alot ;)
  • how was the gathered information with the unity-team, found some stuff to work on that might influence performance soon?

(QUESTION) Is there any discussion about the game loop, and trying to have more active progression? Allowing for more people logging in and playing instead of having them log in for 1 hour and then logging out? More things to fight over, more reasons to fight, a ranking system (if only bragging rights). Not just gathering, as many people will likely have 1 account and cannot do it as efficient or even at all because they aren't able to collect the minerals, gems, heartwood, blood and bone, and so forth.

Edited by Sirktivo

(Question) As it stands now outside of siege hour, the other 20 hours of the game, there is very little driving people to log in and be active in the world. Would you guys ever consider adding temporary or hourly cards that provide opportunities for points? I.E Most pigs ran during X hour gives Y divine favor points/Most Outposts taken during X hour gives Y divine favor/Most kills during hour gives divine favor/etc

(Question) Would you guys ever consider adding PVP ranks or PVP rewards to those that out preform others?

Edited by Communist_Puppy

I would like to see Forts being open, every 5hrs on Rotation. So 3/4 forts go up each time, and you can have them staggered. 
Also would like to see Keeps up for 1 hr, but not all main keeps up at the time same. Because last Campaign all 3 of the alliances had their major keeps up at the same time, and it was stale. 
Maybe make Keeps different hours every time, like 8/9/10 pm est
also would you ever consider moving Bane tree spawn times to 30min? I think this would allow more sieging happening and not just bum rush kill banes.  pretty boring,

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

18 minutes ago, Communist_Puppy said:

(Question) As it stands now outside of siege hour, the other 20 hours of the game, there is very little driving people to log in and be active in the world. Would you guys ever consider adding temporary or hourly cards that provide opportunities for points? I.E Most pigs ran during X hour gives Y divine favor points/Most Outposts taken during X hour gives Y divine favor/Most kills during hour gives divine favor/etc

(Question) Would you guys ever consider adding PVP ranks or PVP rewards to those that out preform others?

Yeah, outside of those hours there are only true circle-standers left. Although, they do not last very long either and usually they completely quit the game after 1 or 2 campaigns..... unpleasant reality.

Edited by SAM_BUKA

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

1 hour ago, BarriaKarl said:

Woah, seems like as soon as ACE delivers something people jump to the next problem... Just enjoy things for a bit folks.

A 6.2 Q&A!? Awesome, cant wait to see the new stuff. Good job ACE, will be there for sure!

The true Crows will enjoy it, of course. But there are a few bigger problems which force players leave the game. The most acute issues are: the boredom of winning conditions in campaigns (that's why almost none plays outside of siege hours), lack of motivation and content, lack of PVP overall, lack of population, broken game and progression loops.

But, nevertheless, the new disciplines and skill trees are kinda fun too. I'm curious to see how this will work and how will it improve the game experience overall.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

1 hour ago, Communist_Puppy said:

There is a reward system in the works, and it won't all be tied to winning the campaign.

7 hours ago, Arkade said:

There is a reward system in the works, and it won't all be tied to winning the campaign.

6.2 is also bringing Shadowbane customization. 😄

<Question> Will the 1 Ability + 1 Passive + 2 Stats mold be the standard for all Disciplines? Or will "Jack of all trade" many skills disciplines Majors and Heavy advantage + disadvantage Majors be used to spice things up?

I think having ALL 110 Disciplines as 1+1+2 is very boring and not functional or thematic for certain builds. If I want to take my knight and give him bow fighting ability I don't want to have to take 2 Majors to = the same amount that 1 major does currently. Some Majors should still have 2-4 ability's for that reason. EX: Arcane Archer, Sharpshooter, Bard, Troubadour

Further, a lot of people here are asking about Advantages / Disadvantages. Just roll Advantages / Disadvantages into some of the majors. 

BOOM Everybody's happy! 60 No nonsense powerful Ability Majors / 4-10 Jack of all Trade Majors for those who want some versatility added / 30 Major Advantage / Disadvantage Majors for those who want to really specialize at the cost of something else.

Edited by Ranik

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

2 minutes ago, Ranik said:

Further, a lot of people here are asking about Advantages / Disadvantages. Just roll Advantages / Disadvantages into some of the majors. 

The idea was to create something similar to what Shadowbane had. I'm not sure that can be done simply be adding stuff to disciplines.

https://pyetrek.redlem.com/

This site is a Shadowbane character builder. You can play around with it to see the different options you had at character creation.

8 minutes ago, Arkade said:

The idea was to create something similar to what Shadowbane had. I'm not sure that can be done simply be adding stuff to disciplines.

https://pyetrek.redlem.com/

This site is a Shadowbane character builder. You can play around with it to see the different options you had at character creation.

I played shadowbane for a couple of years. I am trying to work with what we have. Not rebuild from the ground up.

Look at what we have... and how can we tweak those things to make it better? I'd say retuning Major Disciplines so they have lots of variety solves a lot of problems. 

Edited by Ranik

Shadowbane style advantage / disadvantage disciplines when? ~Yianni 1/21/21

The time for suggestions is a little late I imagine. They likely have most of the changes done already. I just hope they put a bit more counter play into the game. Pincushion used to be a hard counter that really was way too strong. I'm not sure we need 100% counters but a % damage reflect for a specific damage type might be something good to include in different discipline abilities.