Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changes to Crafting...

unknown.png

if there are enough thralls out there to get to blue crafting discs it is fine. had to craft >100 vessels to get those 3 greens to be able to unlock the beltslot. if that would be the only sorce for craftingdiscs that would be alot of gravedigging and ambrosia runs. hope it will not be like that.

intended that there are no better crafting stats on green & blue?

Edited by Surelia

87 Armor crafted. 
unknown.png

Bleh

60+ vessels made. zero knowledges yet. This is very very unfun.

around 80 tools made. zero knowledges. 

Did about 50 Phil stones. and 50ish armor coatings. 2 knowledges there. 
Made around 4 weapons and got 1 knowledge there.

Still very very unfun. 

Costs are high, and while I have training now, after a wipe, trying to do this with whites that noone is going to want is going to drive home how much of a treadmill chore it is. 

Also green and blue crafting have no lift to the crafting stats. I guess since you can equip the belt at blue that allows for some lift but it means green discs are just not worth it.  The green should unlock the green belt. And blue should unlock a slightly better boost blue belt. And the belts should be made not bought, and have an increased chance to generate knowledges. 

I've only just noticed this change, bloody ridiculous, training more basic crafting nods just to get the minors just puts crafters further back. Theres probably more changes ive not seen which will make me rage even more later lol

112 vessels to my first knowledge. Thankfully a couple of guildies had better luck. VanZant got 1 after about 2 hours of crafting. And Ghandi got one in about 20 minutes. 

Bad bad thing. Have to socket the blue into a crummy non tweaked body, so that I can make tweaked bodies for everyone else and get another three for the necro  to put into a well made/ tweaked body.  BLEH!

And that whole previous time it was double ambrosia. Very very unfun

I don't normally craft (due to the other design choice of passive skills, which I choose to focus on my primary tasks - combat with a smidgen of gathering while I'm out), and if this system were to be the only way to do it... I don't think many will.

In trying to scare up a single green necromancer disk, I crafted for hours straight to the point where my hand was in physical pain.

Why this? The previous system may not have meant you could craft ONLY, but generally there were enough other people killing Thralls that you needn't wait long. 

This is onerous and out of line with the game design.  A hundred stillborn vessels thrown in the trash helps no one.  Players don't need hundreds of a single item, so the only reason to craft like this is to get the discs to drop... Please find a better way.

As a crafter, I really like the concept of receiving the knowledges for crafting from crafting. I think the real issue isn't from the method, but from proc chance, and a lack of clarity of which recipes have a chance to proc the knowledge.

Obviously no one wants to craft 50+ bodies, 50+ sets of armor etc just to unlock the appropriate crafting disc. It felt wasteful, and this was on test with free resources. But it is an issue of proc chance, which can be adjusted.

What I would like to see
A pattern to make your growing toolkit. (The green belt item you can make)

The white toolkit. You make one at the start of your gameplay. Can be equipped By white vessel. Has an ability. It has a stacking increase to chance when crafting the stuff to get a knowledge. 
Green toolkit resets the chance. Acts like the one we get now but is equippable with green body. Has same stacking as white.
Blue toolkit has slightly better stats than green Equippable only with blue. Has same stacking chance. 
Up through Legendary. 

Still has the random chance but as you get better with the kit by making things chances do go up. 

Also as an update. Got a blue knowledge in Armorsmith, Necro, and Alchemy. Up to 45 blacksmith weapons zero souls. Meh. 

i guess we all look at the current situation. as long as campaignworlds still offer craftingsouldrops the getting a soul by doing the job is a nice +. if those craftingprocs would be the only way to get those souls it would need rework.

After all weekend and today. All this change has done, has made me want to macro the crafting up. 

When I am trying to formulate macros rather than play, the designers have failed. I am actively trying to NOT play the game.

This is poorly tuned. Unfun. And frankly, quite disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Yoink said:

Is this the only way to get exploration discs now or can you still get crafting discs from thralls and harvesting from harvesting?

if its the only way  might as well not craft and just play in tribe gear

ya i have crafted a awful lot of armor and have gotten 0 knowledge's  , i have crafted enough that i no longer want to do/try for knowledge plz fix this!

This game is hanging on by a thread, and you made the lives harder of the people who play the most.

Us 'murder hobos' as @Anhrez likes to call us are good for 1-3 hours in this current state... why would you take a swing at the people who play the longest?

Either a stupid idea and/or terrible implementation. 

Get your poorly made dergs together. 

I truly don't mean any harm, but I fully mean the disrespect. 

If possible they should grant them as achievements for crafting imo.  Craft all of X with green materials, get a knowledge.  Provide a certain base # like that be it 3 or 9 and then if someone wants to go balls out for a legendary they have to get them from random procs or drops.

So, here we are, with the old "craft 1000 crappy items nobody wants so you can start crafting something somebody can use" ... I think I've seen this before somewhere.

And we can add, "specialize in everything so you can craft better items". This one from the passive training.