Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Interesting' and 'boring' Major Discs in 6.2

We have 110 major discs now which is awesome but I find so many of them boring, basically just stat sticks or middle of the road abilities for bar filler.

I am not making any judgments on the usefulness or power level of any of the unlisted dics here. A lot of them are very strong. But strong doesn't equal interesting.

This is my list of the the discs that I find interesting. Ones that I look at and think, "I could build around this." or "This will change the way that <insert class here> plays."

12 out of 110. I do not think nor expect that all 110 should be on the same level of complexity or usefulness. Some of them need to just be run of the mill filler. But I would like see more 'build around' discs that change the way you play or think about how you build.

Take us off the rails. Let us go more off the rails.

Spoiler

The stealth heal is interesting/unique enough that you build something specifically around it.

unknown.png

Spoiler

These will let you do something that your class previously could not do at all. Use a bow and/or exotic ammo. You can completely build/play a class differently with these.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Spoiler

If bleeds worked better, these could be something you built around.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Spoiler

Nature's Avatar is interesting enough that you could change the way you build/play.

unknown.png

Spoiler

Just another that you could potentially build around.

unknown.png

Spoiler

A very interesting ability. A pity that only a single class can use it.

unknown.png

Spoiler

Just another cool potential 'build around' ability.

unknown.png

Spoiler

The value and CD on the ability make it almost useless, but a build around ability if it was better.

unknown.png

Spoiler

Just a very unique and powerful rune. Can def build niche specs with this.

unknown.png

Spoiler

Very cool build around ability. Over tuned but very cool ability.

unknown.png

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

58 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Hide contents

These will let you do something that your class previously could not do at all. Use a bow and/or exotic ammo. You can completely build/play a class differently with these.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Except you can't really build around AA/SS at the moment because you basically can't slot *any* of your class skills in the ranged tray - even if they're not skills that use your melee weapon.

So you end up with a ranged tray that has an basic attack and ONE other skill. It makes using the bow really awkward. Eg. on Assassin, I have to keep switching back to melee to use shiv, then swap back to ranged to shoot, then swap back to melee to use disengage, then swap back to ranged, etc. It doesn't help that Crowfall, unlike other games, insists on making you finish whatever animation you were doing before you're able to swap a tray, so I end up mashing the button to swap each time. It feels pretty bad. Like, by the time I've swapped to melee or ranged for whatever skill I needed, my opponent has had the chance to get in 2 or 3 attacks, ususally.

They are interesting disciplines though. I wish there were more options like that that *really* changed how you can play.

Edited by nihilsupernum
12 minutes ago, Silverback said:

Can someone pick up a ranged and poisoner to shoot poison?

Assassin used to be able to, but they changed the way Toxins worked in 6.2, so I'm not sure if they still can.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

6 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Assassin used to be able to, but they changed the way Toxins worked in 6.2, so I'm not sure if they still can.

You can. one of the coolest builds I've been able to come up with so far is a sharpshooter Vandal with a crushing quiver. I can drain your stamina every 4 seconds with a stun from range or I can apply black mantle to you every second for 12 seconds from range. And if I want I can swap to melee and just play like a regular vandal. it might not be good or meta but it was interesting and it was fun and that's the kind of stuff I want to find

aeei5jG.png

55 minutes ago, nihilsupernum said:

Except you can't really build around AA/SS at the moment because you basically can't slot *any* of your class skills in the ranged tray - even if they're not skills that use your melee weapon.

So you end up with a ranged tray that has an basic attack and ONE other skill. It makes using the bow really awkward. Eg. on Assassin, I have to keep switching back to melee to use shiv, then swap back to ranged to shoot, then swap back to melee to use disengage, then swap back to ranged, etc. It doesn't help that Crowfall, unlike other games, insists on making you finish whatever animation you were doing before you're able to swap a tray, so I end up mashing the button to swap each time. It feels pretty bad. Like, by the time I've swapped to melee or ranged for whatever skill I needed, my opponent has had the chance to get in 2 or 3 attacks, ususally.

They are interesting disciplines though. I wish there were more options like that that *really* changed how you can play.

it needs more support aswell to make a complete build around a minor that remove slow penalty for starter would go a long way in allowing this to be a main build on some people. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 minutes ago, Silverback said:

Sharpshooter can get you a root, does the root count for CC stamina drain?

Yes, but only 1 person.

crushing quiver does stun how often?

every fully charged 3rd LMB

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

24 minutes ago, Silverback said:

So then a normal ranger can now shoot poison also? with poisoner?

AFAIK, no. Poisoner is broken right now so Rangers can't equip Toxins, but even if you could, you only have 1 attack that applies poison. But that attack can only be used in the melee tray.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.