Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shadowbane customization when?


Recommended Posts

I thought 6.2 was gonna give us Shadowbane customization. 

Is it still coming in future patches to add to the current changes?

Because currently all we've seen is classes lose abilities that were put on "new" disciplines. A talent tree that doesn't actually have hard choices. And less choices to build than before . 

Hopefully this is just part of the changes, and Rhea and team are still looking at how Shadowbane did it

Edited by yianni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, yianni said:

I thought 6.2 was gonna give us Shadowbane customization. 

Is it still coming in future patches to add to the current changes?

Because currently all we've seen is classes lose abilities that were put on "new" disciplines. A talent tree that doesn't actually have hard choices. And less choices to build than before . 

Hopefully this is just part of the changes, and Rhea and team are still looking at how Shadowbane did it

I believe you misread / misheard was the devs were saying / writing.  Yes, JTodd asked  Rhea to take another look at ShadowBane and see if CrowFall could be changed to make it more open WITHOUT reworking the Complete system. IMO, he NEVER said that we're going to have a ShadowBane like character creation system. That would have required a complete rewrite of CF's character building system. Not gonna happen in CF Version I, maybe in CF version II.

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MacDeath said:

I believe you misread / misheard was the devs were saying / writing.  Yes, JTodd asked  Rhea to take another look at ShadowBane and see if CrowFall could be changed to make it more open WITHOUT reworking the Complete system. IMO, he NEVER said that we're going to have a ShadowBane like character creation system. That would have required a complete rewrite of CF's character building system. Not gonna happen in CF Version I, maybe in CF version II.

In time I hope they add Advantages & Disadvantages, more unique game changing Disc (pets, werewolf, bounty hunters/tracking), and greater use of more stats per character through crafted vessels, gear, and whatever else possible. IMO this would be more in line with what Shadowbane offered while holding on to Crowfall's design.

The part highlighted is my issue.

I didn't expect them to start from the ground up, but they didn't "open" it up. They shifted things and made more options but are maintaining a closed system.

"Simple" solutions to do now are allow more choice in talent selection (literally just add more connecting lines between nodes) and allow players to pick all 3 domains pre-picked by devs with talent points. Done. This would open things up a bit while keeping hard choices. If over time they can expand on every system and add some more (Adv/Disadv) we might start to see more of what Shadowbane had.

Although I believe Yoink's layout of the talent tree does both and then some. However it would require more art/technical work to be done.

Edited by APE

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, APE said:

In time I hope they add Advantages & Disadvantages, more unique game changing Disc (pets, werewolf, bounty hunters/tracking), and greater use of more stats per character through crafted vessels, gear, and whatever else possible. IMO this would be more in line with what Shadowbane offered while holding on to Crowfall's design.

The part highlighted is my issue.

I didn't expect them to start from the ground up, but they didn't "open" it up. They shifted things and made more options but are maintaining a closed system.

"Simple" solutions to do now are allow more choice in talent selection (literally just add more connecting lines between nodes) and allow players to pick all 3 domains pre-picked by devs with talent points. Done. This would open things up a bit while keeping hard choices. If over time they can expand on every system and add some more (Adv/Disadv) we might start to see more of what Shadowbane had.

Although I believe Yoink's layout of the talent tree does both and then some. However it would require more art/technical work to be done.

Yoink's layout looks great.

 

Mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also when they said they have all these new disciplines that's what I expected. Not gutting current disciplines and classes to create new ones. That's lazy. 

Sure there are some new ones which is a great start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, yianni said:

Also when they said they have all these new disciplines that's what I expected. Not gutting current disciplines and classes to create new ones. That's lazy. 

Sure there are some new ones which is a great start.

Yeah, I thought the idea of dipping into other classes' power blocks via majors was a solid one. I was kind of anticipating basically more disciplines that do what the old force mage did (let a lot of dps classes dip into a druid base-kit power). Instead, kinetic boost got shuffled only to druids, which seems to be completely the opposite.

In some places we did get this, and I really like it. Frost on an arbiter feels like a little mini frostweaver. It plays fun, and really adds something specific.

Edited by McTan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too hope crowfall will go more toward SB in this regard.  When I read the title of your post however, I thought you were referring art customization or even race/class options. I thought you had heard something that I missed. Hoping for armor that isn't racially based but class based as well. All human classes sharing the same armor styles, for example, bugs me.  Feels like armor styles are a hold over from the old archetype system that AC originally intended going with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...