Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peekachew

Zerg Restrictions

All your post was based on the Cn argoument so asian to me was like you were just changing the word you were using for cn but ok point taken

About the numbers that can be true, still i don't see why you don't want to do fight like that. At least for me banes were the best part of the game (togheter with the forumbane politics) and been able to partecipate in bane like that was a privilege even on the losing side, but i know that there are ppl that like more going around solo pking lowbies or afkers pling groups...

I welcome banes, have no problem with siege fights even a 2 to 1 disadvantage or 3 to 1 disadvantage (happens all the time in GW2 WvW which I'm playing atm), but if the devs let CN come here (or anyone else like that) and do what CN did on SB here, this game will be dead within a year.

It. Is . That. Simple.

The majority of SB players will leave, just look at what happened to Magicbane when they did the last server wipe went from 1500 a night to 300 a night in just a few months and the turning point was when CN started baning towns, promising they wouldn't zerg and then bring all of them. Hell our 20 man nation got baned by a CN guild, got promised NvN and had them retag 2 other nations and show up with 100 at 4pm Eastern US time. At our retaliatory O bane it was our 15 versus all of CN, every CN player on the server no matter what guild was there that was over 150 of them. We left shortly after that since there was no way we could keep fighting that all the time especially since RL factored in to who could play and when.

Also once that happens to some of the players from other games that have NEVER experienced a Server vs CN war and the wear it places on them, they to will quit because the fun will no longer be there.

I welcome banes, have no problem with siege fights even a 2 to 1 disadvantage or 3 to 1 disadvantage (happens all the time in GW2 WvW which I'm playing atm), but if the devs let CN come here (or anyone else like that) and do what CN did on SB here, this game will be dead within a year.

It. Is . That. Simple.

The majority of SB players will leave, just look at what happened to Magicbane when they did the last server wipe went from 1500 a night to 300 a night in just a few months and the turning point was when CN started baning towns, promising they wouldn't zerg and then bring all of them. Hell our 20 man nation got baned by a CN guild, got promised NvN and had them retag 2 other nations and show up with 100 at 4pm Eastern US time. At our retaliatory O bane it was our 15 versus all of CN, every CN player on the server no matter what guild was there that was over 150 of them. We left shortly after that since there was no way we could keep fighting that all the time especially since RL factored in to who could play and when.

Also once that happens to some of the players from other games that have NEVER experienced a Server vs CN war and the wear it places on them, they to will quit because the fun will no longer be there.

FIrst you can't be sure that chinese players will want to play this game and second you can't be sure that Crowfall's mechanic will allow doing things like those , maybe they will allow only a fixed numbers of players during sieges (like Archeage) or maybe there will be skills very effective against large groups of players (like there were in Warhammer) so maybe instead of asking to have zerg restriction (as IP block or separated servers) you must ask to have something coded in the game to help superior skilled goups of players to deal with large group of unskilled players but i already know that all this topics will keep flooding this forum like a broken record

PS In my guild on Braialla we had players from every part of the world , i would like to be able to play with them again togheter here if they want, why you want to block part of my ingame friends from this game just because you don't want to fight against superior odds?

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

This has been a problem in every single mmo in existence, and it seems the side with the most typically wins. As most know, in real wars this was not always the case. Is there something that will be done to limit the amount in which your opponent can outnumber and outgun you? I really hope there is something in place for this and if there is not, maybe its something we as a community could brainstorm to combat against. For example in Shadowbane, I always thought a  special city spire could have been activated( during banes of course,) if the defending armies numbers were heavily out-gunned by the attacking armies in which it would lessen the damage generated by the attacking army. 

LMFAO

FIrst you can't be sure that chinese players will want to play this game and second you can't be sure that Crowfall's mechanic will allow doing things like those , maybe they will allow only a fixed numbers of players during sieges (like Archeage) or maybe there will be skills very effective against large groups of players (like there were in Warhammer so maybe instead of asking to have zerg restriction (as IP block or separated servers) you must ask to have something coded in the game to help superior skilled goups of players to deal with large group of unskilled players

1. CN has already posted over here expressing interest.

2. There is another thread that talks about caps, and if they implemented a cap system (or any other type of system) that would stop such a huge imbalance I would have no problem with it. However the reason most SB players are bringing this up now and trying to not only get this through to the devs but also the non SB players who haven't experienced it, is due to point 1. They are using the same arguments the NA player based used when the EU servers got shut down due to CN killing the pop on them and EU warned us about them. We don't need to repeat the history of the Entorpy, Wrath, Brailla, every EU and Asian servers that existed that they killed.

Oh btw the Magicbane devs finally learned their lesson and will be setting up region restricted servers but it is probably to late for that now

Edited by gauis

No.  We're having some form of disconnect.  You don't need a dodge stat at all with the system I'm describing, and dodging would be fully handled by either sidestepping moves, or short dash type moves, ala a fighting game.  Hell, maybe even a certain defensive ability giving an awesome backflip or something.  Point being, my vision doesn't require passive defense stats.

As for FF, I don't mind either way if they implement it, as long as it makes the gameplay better.  It's an undeniable counter to zergging getting out of control, however.  As you said, it would require more skill to effectively make use of a numbers advantage without slaughtering your own troops.  The gameplay itself should be what determines whether there is friendly fire.  Too many other unknowns about this game for me to decide which I'd prefer at this point.

This is also trash.

Stupid. We can re-hash history all day. The fact of the matter is: you spend a month building a city and in a day you can lose everything in that city and a spot on the map in a game where there were limited amount of city spots. It doesn't matter what nationality the zerg is. If you invested that amount of time into an asset just to lose it in 1/1000th of the time with a force that is even 10 more people than you have, is that fair?

1. CN has already posted over here expressing interest.

2. There is another thread that talks about caps, and if they implemented a cap system (or any other type of system) that would stop such a huge imbalance I would have no problem with it. However the reason most SB players are bringing this up now and trying to not only get this through to the devs but also the non SB players who haven't experienced it, is due to point 1. They are using the same arguments the NA player based used when the EU servers got shut down due to CN killing the pop on them and EU warned us about them. We don't need to repeat the history of the Entorpy, Wrath, Brailla, every EU and Asian servers that existed that they killed.

If you think that the post in the guild section made by someone for Hod Reborn it is a proof that chinese players will play here you must be a fool.

There were countless thread started on Ubisoft forum and also on Emus forum by ppl trying to impersonate chinese players just to troll so you can't be sure that Hod will play here. On a side note , hopefully this game will not be a f2p game so many of the problems you had on Shadowbane will never happen

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Stupid. We can re-hash history all day. The fact of the matter is: you spend a month building a city and in a day you can lose everything in that city and a spot on the map in a game where there were limited amount of city spots. It doesn't matter what nationality the zerg is. If you invested that amount of time into an asset just to lose it in 1/1000th of the time with a force that is even 10 more people than you have, is that fair?

Sorry but Shadowbane was not fair at all. If you fear to loose your pixels you better change game

Asking for fairness in a game like Shadowbane only when your city is in danger is a joke

Edited by cappaspada

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

If you think that the post in the guild section made by someone for Hod Reborn it is a proof that chinese players will play here you must be a fool.

There were countless thread started on Ubisoft forum and also on Emus forum by ppl trying to impersonate chinese players just to troll so you can't be sure that Hod will play here. On a side note , hopefully this game will not be a f2p game so many of the problems you had on Shadowbane will never happen

Nope not talking about in the Guild forum it was in a thread  on the first day in the General forum and the problem of the CN zerg happened before F2P, they came unto the Entropy server in 2005 calling themselves Qurom Potentenates (whatever the spelling was but shorted to QP), F2P didn't come until 2006

Edited by gauis

Zerg is inevietable. All you can hope for is the game gives you tools to deal with them. Colision detection, crowd control, various AoE abilites, as well as just smart strategic play are all tools that should be available to us.

Nope not talking about in the Guild forum it was in a thread  on the first day in the General forum and the problem of the CN zerg happened before F2P, they came unto the Entropy server in 2005 calling themselves Qurom Potentenates (whatever the spelling was but shorted to QP), F2P didn't come until 2006

Ok, we will see but i don't think that fighting against players from other games like most of the forumbaners here did against w101/P101 players trying to scare them all so they will leave before even try the game and asking to cut a large part of the potential playerbase (asian players) of this game is a very good idea and i really don't think that Artcraft is going to invest time and money in a game just to make some houndred of ex Shadowbane's players happy with a replica of that glorious game

PS in every other game i played other than Shadowbane i always hated and fought zergs. In Shadowbane i had not the same feelings against it and i think that when you see a large (very large usually) groups of players fighting togheter even if they can't understand each other because the language (like when i was playing with Arirang when we were allied to chinese guilds) been able to accomplish things against odds like horrible ping, horrible woo, rampant racism and still winning is something that made me happy. See them been able to act all for the same goal and not been split in hundred of different goals just for personal egos was refreshing for me.

Edited by cappaspada

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

zerging is not inevitable. zergs should not exist when it comes to assets. plain and simple.

Sorry but Shadowbane was not fair at all. If you fear to loose your pixels you better change game

Asking for fairness in a game like Shadowbane only when your city is in danger is a joke

I'm not asking for fairness in a game like Shadowbane. I'm asking for fairness in Crowfall. Evolution. I have no fear of losing pixels. I've destroyed more pixels than I've ever lost. We all know what killed shadowbane and killing your own playerbase is not the goal.

zerging is not inevitable. zergs should not exist when it comes to assets. plain and simple.

I'm not asking for fairness in a game like Shadowbane. I'm asking for fairness in Crowfall. Evolution. I have no fear of losing pixels. I've destroyed more pixels than I've ever lost. We all know what killed shadowbane and killing your own playerbase is not the goal.

Ubisoft killed Shadowbane, if you think that Shadowbane died because zergs you are completly wrong imo

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Ubisoft killed shadowbane? By maliciously altering sb.exe and instituting lag?

Players did as much to kill shadowbane as any other entity. I'd love to see statistics on how many copies the original shadowbane sold. But griefing players non-stop didn't help retain population. Zerg was one method of grief. And once again, not the asian zerg. Zergs existed on SB way before the asians came. You're dissecting my argument for parts you can win.

And that's apparently how this thread has derailed.

Ubisoft killed shadowbane? By maliciously altering sb.exe and instituting lag?

Players did as much to kill shadowbane as any other entity. I'd love to see statistics on how many copies the original shadowbane sold. But griefing players non-stop didn't help retain population. Zerg was one method of grief. And once again, not the asian zerg. Zergs existed on SB way before the asians came. You're dissecting my argument for parts you can win.

And that's apparently how this thread has derailed.

Weird i had a lot of Sb.exe and i never accused any other players but only Ubisoft . Even if there was someone exploiting the game it was a fault of Ubisoft not fixing it. Ubisoft did more against Shadowbane than any other. For example one of their CCR (someone paid by them not a volonteer) gave unique items and favors to a guild on Mourning for months (maybe years) (hint: that guild was not asian) until another guild that was fighting them exposed the whole thing on Ubisoft forum leading the game to have all the server wiped (according to Ubisoft :to remove those items and many other thing that were not possible to fix without a complete reset). Cheat and exploits will be in every game (try Archeage if you want to see a good share of exploit) but there were in Teso, Warhammer, Aion... and it is a fault of the SH not taking action against the cheaters so if the game fail for that the reponsability is of the SH.

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

If you spend all your time building a city, and don't think about defending it you deserve to lose it in a day.

If you like cities so much, i would recommend SimCity. Only you, and Nature, can wreck it.

QgGGP67.gif

Ok, we will see but i don't think that fighting against players from other games like most of the forumbaners here did against w101/P101 players trying to scare them all so they will leave before even try the game and asking to cut a large part of the potential playerbase (asian players) of this game is a very good idea and i really don't think that Artcraft is going to invest time and money in a game just to make some houndred of ex Shadowbane's players happy with a replica of that glorious game

PS in every other game i played other than Shadowbane i always hated and fought zergs. In Shadowbane i had not the same feelings against it and i think that when you see a large (very large usually) groups of players fighting togheter even if they can't understand each other because the language (like when i was playing with Arirang when we were allied to chinese guilds) been able to accomplish things against odds like horrible ping, horrible woo, rampant racism and still winning is something that made me happy. See them been able to act all for the same goal and not been split in hundred of different goals just for personal egos was refreshing for me.

I don't think that's what he is doing or what he wants, your just making assumptions.

As far as I can see he's just raising a potential red flag, something that could very well be a problem.

Thing is that I've noticed of your conversation, is that it's kind of nonconstructive. Neither of you have offered solutions or suggestions to make zergs managable, or more fun for everybody.  Your just disagreeing on the magnitude of the problem.

I think the question should be, what role should zergs have in Crowfall?

I maintain a position that I think a organic solution is the best.  Where the very nature of the game makes it so that zergs can never become too large or too powerful, without also becoming a very large target.  Ie EVE Online.  I've already covered this in detail so feel free to read it. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/291-zerg-restrictions/?p=6729

I do have a question related to SB.  I am willing to guess that characters once you built them and decked out their gear, never again had to replace their gear after death?  Maybe just basic repairs, but that is about it.

Essentially I am asking what was the full death penalty of that game?

I'm guessing not much.

If you spend all your time building a city, and don't think about defending it you deserve to lose it in a day.

If you like cities so much, i would recommend SimCity. Only you, and Nature, can wreck it.

Sims you say? I'll have to google it.

Thanks for the advice. I always built cities before with no walls, no spires, no artillery towers, etc. Just a bunch of citadels to be used as merchant huts. I'll consider this "defense" thing.

I'm not going to sit here and debate with you about the definition of play to crush. Yes, that was shadowbane. But

g7ki4.jpg

Zerg was a reality of shadowbane. Getting your city destroyed was a reality of shadowbane. My argument isn't about how to change shadowbane or what I didn't like about shadowbane. It's about reality of what keeps a population.

Zerg was a reality of shadowbane. Getting your city destroyed was a reality of shadowbane. My argument isn't about how to change shadowbane or what I didn't like about shadowbane. It's about reality of what keeps a population.

Speaking of zergs, i haven'y seen goon squad post anything yet.

If this game is going for a population of 12 million, it will fail like all the rest. Don't try and build the game everyone wants. Build a game a community wants, and population will be stable.

QgGGP67.gif

I don't think that's what he is doing or what he wants, your just making assumptions.

As far as I can see he's just raising a potential red flag, something that could very well be a problem.

Thing is that I've noticed of your conversation, is that it's kind of nonconstructive. Neither of you have offered solutions or suggestions to make zergs managable, or more fun for everybody.  Your just disagreeing on the magnitude of the problem.

I think the question should be, what role should zergs have in Crowfall?

I maintain a position that I think a organic solution is the best.  Where the very nature of the game makes it so that zergs can never become too large or too powerful, without also becoming a very large target.  Ie EVE Online.  I've already covered this in detail so feel free to read it. http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/291-zerg-restrictions/?p=6729

I do have a question related to SB.  I am willing to guess that characters once you built them and decked out their gear, never again had to replace their gear after death?  Maybe just basic repairs, but that is about it.

Essentially I am asking what was the full death penalty of that game?

I'm guessing not much.

About the zerg solution i'm waiting to see the game before trying to post solution for a problem that maybe the dev already covered it with game mechanic but i'm tired to see always the same kind of argument posted on forum since 2006

About the gear the death penality was not much, you had only to remember to repair it after 3 or 4 deaths or they could be destroied . Only a kind of medium rare drop (glass items) were really fragile and could have broken also at the first death and usually in 2 or maximum 3 deaths if not repaired

The real death penality was that you were loosing all your inventory

About frendly fire we had / have it in Shadowbane , all the offensive skills will affect everyone outside your group (max group size is 10 if i'm not wrong)  and there there were also some offensive skills that were affecting also players in your group.

Ouch i did some mistake with the quote here and i can't see a way to fix it

Edited by cappaspada

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER