Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Chests are Bad (QA Question and Response)

32 minutes ago, miraluna said:

The whole point of Forts is that there is a daily hotspot to fight over for medium-sized pvp groups. The chests are only there as the loot delivery mechanic. Picking up your loot in a Fort isn't intended to create pvp, the pvp already happened to gain control of the fort. In Shadowbane owning a mine deposited the loot directly into your guild warehouse for 24 hr  - in CF there isn't any equivalent tech for that so the loot shows up in a fort chest.

The Fort Capture mechanics could be improved, the vulnerability window is an hour but only the last 10-15mins matters for the cap.

We need some different activities/hotspots for solo or small group pvp, that's not what Forts are designed to provide.

if thats the case they should make the chest a one off respawn when it is claimed and not throughout the day it just waste people times checking for them or setting clocks and this way people who attended are likely to get it instead of the roaches in guilds/alliances who wernt there and login and get them on a timer.

I personally see them as another opportunity to create more hotspots winning the fort give you an advantage in getting the loot but its not guaranteed. could do both here and have a larger bundle drop as seige winner is declared then smaller amount every x hours that anyoen can loot if they can kill the guards to get in there.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

16 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Outposts
- Message pops up in event tab 2-5 minute prior to chest spawning notifying everyone in the zone this should be enough time to rush to an outpost but not enough time to pull in a large group (You have an event tab i feel you should use it for more things)
- Chests has a 10 second opening time reduce ninja looting
- Chests are on a variable timer (Between 1-3 hours for example loot depends on the duration they havant been up for so more items on 3hr respawn)
- Outpost chests should include one of the following gold/dust/Rare chance of chaos embers/small resource bundles these are 1x1 size item in eventoy that can be taken to refiners and broken down for a small amount of resources (logs/stone/ore/hides/rare chance of minerals/gems) these will be random quality between white/green/blue and you cant tell what you will get form the bundle since there all white quality. I feel 30 or so resources at random would be suitable amount for these items, as for gold amount 1k per hour should be about right so 1.5 hr respawn chest would yield 1.5k gold, Dust your looking at 100 dust and hour or 1 ember an hour.

All good suggestions 👍

tiPrpwh.png

Chests are boring because there are 3 ways to get the loot out safely and while you are in with the guards, you really can't be harmed.

1. Recall with phat loot. Solution - Please make people drop what is in their inventory when they recall. unless those items are on a hotbar (like bandages/food).
  2. Log out - Increase time it takes to log out. If other 2 items are removed, they still have to get out with their loot.
  3. Mobile bank - Remove this function from the game. It overly benefits the keep owners and makes it so they don't have to risk anything.

I've made this statement before but the rewards need to equal the risk and in this case, they don't. The loot from chests are really good even after the reduction. You need to eliminate the 3 ways to safely get loot banked without risk. If those are done, then everyone has to get to a bank to get them safely stored. Risk/reward balance is restored to the world.

3 minutes ago, Spawl said:

Chests are boring because there are 3 ways to get the loot out safely and while you are in with the guards, you really can't be harmed.

1. Mobile bank - Remove this function from the game. It overly benefits the keep owners and makes it so they don't have to risk anything.

Yeeeah why is this even a thing -.- its not even a choice for build since everyone gonna take a bank lol i know u were looking for a buff for the upgrades but how bout i suggest somethign else instead of mobile banking

How bout increase drops from mobs so 5% items and 5% gold increase if person with the buff does most dmg to the mob 10% for 3rd level.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

2 hours ago, miraluna said:

I like this, except lets put it at Outposts 😛

I see what you did there Mira, it’s almost like JTodd suggested we put loot chests at Outpost, and we get a thread on why loot chests suck at Forts.

Loot Chests in the wild, I just run past them, nothing in them I want. Maybe that will change. 

Also I have not cared about outposts in a long, long, time. Putting the two together doesn't make me want to run out to defend it because I feel no ownership. I don’t care if some Rando loots a golden apple from an outpost that makes minuscule contributions, and flips every 5 minutes. 

I’m not against chests at large. However if there was some way to make me feel invested in that outpost, I would certainly be enraged if I knew some Centaur faced LOD, or one of their Myrkul worshipping pets were defiling one of my outpost, looting my penny loafers, and sitting on my couch taking nekkid selfies. That might get me gate hopping tout de suite.

But that’s what randomly throwing a chest onto an outpost lacks… RP value

I wish I had a solution how to increase interest or pride in outposts without over-tuning them to the point that they’re always on larger groups' radar.

2 hours ago, corvax said:

I see what you did there Mira, it’s almost like JTodd suggested we put loot chests at Outpost, and we get a thread on why loot chests suck at Forts.

Loot Chests in the wild, I just run past them, nothing in them I want. Maybe that will change. 

Also I have not cared about outposts in a long, long, time. Putting the two together doesn't make me want to run out to defend it because I feel no ownership. I don’t care if some Rando loots a golden apple from an outpost that makes minuscule contributions, and flips every 5 minutes. 

I’m not against chests at large. However if there was some way to make me feel invested in that outpost, I would certainly be enraged if I knew some Centaur faced LOD, or one of their Myrkul worshipping pets were defiling one of my outpost, looting my penny loafers, and sitting on my couch taking nekkid selfies. That might get me gate hopping tout de suite.

But that’s what randomly throwing a chest onto an outpost lacks… RP value

I wish I had a solution how to increase interest or pride in outposts without over-tuning them to the point that they’re always on larger groups' radar.

A suggestion to make outposts meaningful: Link outposts to forts and each time an outpost is flipped, the fort loses some guards. Link forts to keeps, each time a fort gets flipped the keep loses some guards (or gains guards if reflipped). 

Then we have a reason to fight for outposts and forts.

Mac

9 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

A suggestion to make outposts meaningful: Link outposts to forts and each time an outpost is flipped, the fort loses some guards. Link forts to keeps, each time a fort gets flipped the keep loses some guards (or gains guards if reflipped). 

Then we have a reason to fight for outposts and forts.

ACE need a quick and easy solution. That's why this suggestion of yours would probably not be viable for them as it requires a lot of work and adjustments to the current game structure.

Tyrant: you were too tough, they gave up. (10/15/2020)

Here is the a problem I have with equipment drops for outposts. Lets say they drop greens with a chance at blues or whatever heck even purples wont matter. There comes a time in Crowfall as it is in live currently where crafters surpass equipment found in the world.  No one needs to farm gear at mob camps so why would they farm these outposts for equipment. The only driving factor at this point is the cards for sac mob items. I just hate the idea of them being useful early game but not touched mid to late game. They would need some tweaking with this in mind. 

I wrote this on another thread about chests and how strongly I'm against them.

"Having chests in forts and refining caravans has killed harvesting, i and someone else done a 3 hour session each and ended up having less resources than someone else going into a fort collecting its loot which took all of 5 secs. Harvesting should be the main and only way (in my view) to gain resources. Add buffs to forts and/or outposts to increase harvesting in that zone or massively buff harvesting so you'll gain alot more resources in a short time to counteract the crazy and very easy loot chests."

The big reason why ppl dont harvest in dregs because it's not worth it, u gain better resources doing caravan runs or going around jumping to fort to fort and porting out safely. 

Caravans should only give green or blue resources during peak times, any other time only white resources should be given. 

Forts should either be building mats only, green mats maximum (blue at peak times) or a zonal buff like I stated. Also open up forts all day to get ppl fighting over them.

Chests on outposts will just kill off any further harvesting even more, again like I stated, outposts could provide further buffs for that zone, want to go mineral farming? go capture outposts and possibly a fort that gives those buffs. Enemies will also catch on that certain guilds in zones might be around farming as they capture certain poi and go hunting for them. Players should also drop all inv items if they teleport.

If you fix harvesting you'll see more off siege time activity.

Buff chests.  Buff them exponentially, include lego sacrifice items, dust by the bushel, and refined ambrosia by the barrel.

Cut forts down to one per zone.

One fort goes live per window.

One chest immediately after capture, no respawn.

Enjoy the pandemonium. 

17 hours ago, Arkade said:

Here's an idea.

Caravan turn ins have a chance to reward the player with a key.

Defender Captains have a chance to drop a key.

Keys can also drop from harvesting.

Keys are required to open chests in forts.

People who can't own a fort can trade keys to fort owners for resources/gold. Trading between guilds will need to be enabled in temples and the free city.

Perhaps also killing other players can get you some kind of currency/points that can be converted to keys. I mean, I get that you could loot them from people who are carrying them from harvesting or whatever, but actually rewarding kills might further reinforce the PvP.

3 hours ago, Cejo said:

Perhaps also killing other players can get you some kind of currency/points that can be converted to keys. I mean, I get that you could loot them from people who are carrying them from harvesting or whatever, but actually rewarding kills might further reinforce the PvP.

Let us turn heads for keys, or even dust!