Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Necromancy - not funny (at the moment?)

Hi,

did not pay much attention in past to any crafting. I did not want to "spoiler" it too early, also I expected several changes will come anyway... But now 6.1 -> 6.2 on test.. and I did look how crafting is look like. Particulary for me very interesting Necromancy...

And I'm kind a disapointed...

I will take leg/hand/head/torso and ambrosia (from Alchemy), click click click... repeat several times... combine it click clik click... and... Done...

I tried Blacksmithing for comparison.. here you chose Ores to have impact on severel different stats/resist/dmg... with impact for final combination...

Maybe Necromancy currently is just not finished yet... and I will be fine with it and wait for later... But if this one is intended to be this way - Can we have some love to it?

Thanks for any response in advace and wish you good luck with ongoing work.

Give us an example on how you would change it. Or what you find lacking.

Plus the necro "fun" comes from making vessels matching the buyer orders. Adding additives, focusing on X attribute, etc. etc.

Edited by BarriaKarl

I have in mind influencing output when I'm creating legs, hands, torso and head. Basicaly infuence statistic value / ratio.

I'm creating Head.. I can use "default" setting a have it as it is... just click experimentation click click... :)... But let say add brain as additive for better Inteligence vs. Spirit ratio add something (according lore) to add better Spirit vs. Inteligence ratio

Creating legs.. have muscles for strenght, tendons for dexterity, "better" bone for constitution...

Hands - again muscles for strenght, tendons for dexterity

Torso - muscles for strenght, "better" bones for constitution... I'm not sure, if Spirit comes from state of mind (just head) or can be part of "torso" component..

• 3 weeks later...

Hakrik,

They have what you are talking about. Necromancy addititives, some examples: Eyes can increase perception, range, Hands- Critical Damage, General Crafting, Femurs-Strength etc, Lungs-con, etc. You just have to have the necormancy belt on to be able to add these to your arm etc.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:53 PM, Nevynstonemason said:

Hakrik,

They have what you are talking about. Necromancy addititives, some examples: Eyes can increase perception, range, Hands- Critical Damage, General Crafting, Femurs-Strength etc, Lungs-con, etc. You just have to have the necormancy belt on to be able to add these to your arm etc.

Additives are a good setup, but several of them are pretty meh in practice.

I don't get why some additives give a straight buff (attribute and cap) while others just give cap.

Not only that, some of them are just bland choices. Fire damage or slashing damage, etc. is less compelling than a damage/efficiency/armor choice.

What about some other options in the final combine additive slot than philosopher's stones? Having an extra pile of attributes is cool but what if we could slot some more interesting stats in there in stead?

The other issue with necromancy in a broad sense is that many of the body parts only have one experimentation line, making those parts essentially a waste of experiment points. all parts should have two experimentation lines on them at least. Experimentation hits 10 points on all crafts very early, and since necromancy only has two experimentation steps it kinda sucks to not be able to use the extra experiment points on like half the restored body parts.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2020 at 7:53 PM, Nevynstonemason said:

Hakrik,

Thanks, for hint... I saw the additives just did not know how to use them in Necromancy. Have to check with belt.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:25 PM, PopeUrban said:

The other issue with necromancy in a broad sense is that many of the body parts only have one experimentation line, making those parts essentially a waste of experiment points. all parts should have two experimentation lines on them at least. Experimentation hits 10 points on all crafts very early, and since necromancy only has two experimentation steps it kinda sucks to not be able to use the extra experiment points on like half the restored body parts.

That was my main aim.. give the Necromancy a "choice"

Let wait and see what stat update in 6.400 will bring to Necromancy..